High Cove Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Fire is Coming
by Ember Robinwood Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:37 am

» Wolf/Sea OOC Discussion
by Leanan Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:37 pm

» Nymirni's Beach
by Tidemist Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:36 am

» Staff On LOA
by Kaimeta Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:33 am

» [Art] Shinebright's drawings
by Ember Robinwood Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:20 pm

» Kaimeta's Beach and Hut
by Kaimeta Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:58 am

» Lace's Cave
by Shinebright Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:36 am

» chit chat
by Kaimeta Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:46 pm

» Members on LOA
by Tidemist Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:58 am

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 35 on Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:40 am
Affiliates

free forum

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

Goldsand Beach~Harvest Festival

+6
Ember Robinwood
Leanan
Tidemist
Kaimeta
Delhya
Apogee
10 posters

Page 4 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15 ... 27  Next

Go down

Goldsand Beach~Harvest Festival - Page 4 Empty Re: Goldsand Beach~Harvest Festival

Post by Delhya Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:15 pm

Brooksong looked up and smiled "Oh Hello High One Kaimata, and thank you for the recommendation. Cheiftess Tidemist seems to like it a lot." She reach for a bowl and Started to ladle the stew into it. "Are you enjoying the Festival?"

She sniffed the stew and then took a small sip, her eyes widened " mmmm this is tasty and so unique we don't have anything like this in the forest." she looked back up to Kaimeta to listen.
Delhya
Delhya

Back to top Go down

Goldsand Beach~Harvest Festival - Page 4 Empty Re: Goldsand Beach~Harvest Festival

Post by Apogee Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:34 pm

Obviously the chieftess, in a good mood, was going to be chatting up Stormcloud, so Coral just smiled again and said, "I don't require anything for it, it might be of use to you. Keep it, if you like."

.... He did like being wet, really, didn't he. At the very least it made his hair manageable so while it was still damp he fiddled with the tie that had loosened, and put it back up into a plumed tail.

On looking around the group gathered, he thought he saw Serpent Fang lurking, almost prowling.

How odd, he chuckled to himself. That the least sociable of them all, and one whose self-professed loathing of the wolf-elves, his sharp eyes glaring at everyone and his stride carefully measured, so greatly resembled the body language of those predatory wolves.
Apogee
Apogee

http://www.droppin-the-fork.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Leanan Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:07 pm

Stormcloud laughed at the warm-hearted joking between Tidemist and Coral.

"Kaimeta mentioned me?" She was happy and honored to know that. It seemed she had made a new friend. "Swiftwing? I shall keep that name in mind. Thank you for the information. " As Tidemist offered jugs of the drink in exchance for - what? - she found herself licking her lips, imagining the taste of the fruity drink already. "That depends of what the something is", she said warily, knowing better than to make a promise before being sure she could keep it.

And then Coral gave her the flute! It took her a moment to remember she was supposed to say thanks. "It is lovely! Thank you!" She exclaimed, in a delighted voice. "I think if I practice I might be able to make some bird calls. That comes in useful when hunting."
Leanan
Leanan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tidemist Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:16 pm

Tidemist approved mildly of her caution, though she felt relatively confident she could coax the elf into agreeing. She waited a few moments, listening as she thanked Coral for the whistle he had shaped her. Not surprising that he wanted to show off. The thought made her smile. Then she saw the moment to jump back in and her smirk grew wider as she made a gesture with her hand.

“All you WolfFolk seem so water scared! So, in exchange for...oh let's say 3 jugs of Swiftwing's brew....you'll come with me, get yourself a nice shaped fish tail and gills from Kaimeta and go for a swim with me in the ocean!” She laughed a bit, crossing her arms now as she looked at the younger elf. “I'm sure you're not too scared of the deep waters, are you?” she teased, perhaps even goading her a little.
Tidemist
Tidemist
Chieftess

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember Robinwood Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:33 pm

Ridge digested this knew knowledge with a slow nod. It made sense for the tribes to be similar in certain ways, but they still had their differences. It was almost like the tribes weren't as polarized as some of the elves made them out to be. Twin cubs would be fun, they'd be a handful, but certainly a joy to have. They were so rare, though...

"Shall we give your chieftess the flowers?" Ridge asked, remembering that Tern had promised them to Tidemist. It had been his ide to delay the gift, but it was wrong to wait too long. He didn't want to leave Tern's welcome company, but they really should get that gift to the chieftess of the SeaFolk.
Ember Robinwood
Ember Robinwood

Location : East of the Misty Mountains, but West of Mirkwood, along the Old Ford and the Great River of Wilderland

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfCandy Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:23 pm

Tern blinked, having forgotten about the chain in his hands. Ridge was pleasant company, and Tern couldn’t see why some of the sea-elves despised the WolfFolk so much. Tern nodded, “I guess we better,” he laughed, “If we go on like this we’ll talk the whole festival and she won’t get them at all.”

The sea-elf looked near the food to locate Tidemist again, but found she wasn’t there. He quickly scanned the mingling tribes to see if he could see her. Soon, he spotted her chatting with a short wolf-elf Tern had never seen before. “There she is,” Tern said, pointing, “Is that a tribemate of yours? Why don’t we bring her something too?” Tern examined the pile of necklaces and crowns, looking for one to suit her as he waited for an answer.
WolfCandy
WolfCandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember Robinwood Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:52 pm

Ridge laughed as well, "Yes, we'd better. We can't have her not getting them."

Ridge followed Tern's line of sight and broke into a smile. There was Stormcloud! He'd been wondering where she'd been.

"That's Stormcloud," Ridge said, smiling at the memories of when he was still a young elf with his first wolf Fur and the young cubs. It had been much harder for him back then to mind the cubs. "I say we'd better bring her something, too. She was one of the first cubs I ever had to mind."

He looked over the flowers and selected a chain of sunshine yellow ones. "How about this one?" He asked.
Ember Robinwood
Ember Robinwood

Location : East of the Misty Mountains, but West of Mirkwood, along the Old Ford and the Great River of Wilderland

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfCandy Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:37 pm

Stormcloud, Tern thought. He could see why; her hair was an interesting blue grey he didn’t think he had ever seen before. He looked to the flowers in Ridge’s hand and nodded, “Those are nice,” he said, “Some sunshine for the clouds.”

“Was she really your first pip?” Tern asked, standing up. He offered his hand to Ridge once he was up. “You must be close then?”

How many pips had Ridge seen grow up? Did he remember every little one of their distresses and their fancies? As an elder, Ridge would surely be a favourite of his tribe, since he was friend of so tribemates when they were pips.
WolfCandy
WolfCandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember Robinwood Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:07 pm

Ridge gratefully took Tern's hand and stood up. He withdrew his hand a little too quickly and looked away. He looked back in Sotmcloud's direction and smiled.

"Well, sort of," Ridge said. "I never really left the cubs. I joined the hunters for a while, but my wolf-friend was injured and I had to give up the hunt. He never fully recovered. Because he couldn't hunt anymore, the pack rejected him. He was a big ol' fur-ball, though, and the cubs loved him. It was because of him that I actually became a cub-minder."

A shadow of sadness passed across his face at the thought of Fur. The old wolf, despite being crippled, had grown fat and lazy from Ridge hunting for him and had been perfectly laid-back, allowing the cubs to climb all over him. Ridge chuckled to himself and continued, "Stormcloud was the first after I because the official cub-minder. I consider her to be one of my closest friends."

He examined the crown of flowers he'd picked out and smiled to himself. Sunshine for the clouds was right. He hoped Stormcloud would appreciate them.
Ember Robinwood
Ember Robinwood

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfCandy Wed Aug 13, 2014 8:49 pm

“Oh.” Tern let his gaze fall to the sand at their feet, seeing the sadness on the other’s face. Was. The wolf was dead and Ridge obviously missed him. “He sounds like a good wolf.” His eyes were only on the sand for a moment before he looked back up.

Seeking to take Ridge’s mind off the wolf, Tern continued onto another subject, “Well,” he said, looking in Stormcloud’s direction, “She may be one of your closest friends, but I should hope that I am your favourite fish.” He brought a hand down on the shorter elf’s shoulder with some force, a show of easy companionship. It did not linger long, however, Tern having noticed Ridge’s speedy release of his hand.
WolfCandy
WolfCandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember Robinwood Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:40 am

"He was a good wolf," Ridge said quietly. "The very best."

Ridge blushed as Tern's hand touched his shoulder. He looked up at Tern, his face bright red. "Of course you're my favorite fish!" He said rather suddenly. He clamped his jaws shut and turned his head away.

Ember Robinwood
Ember Robinwood

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfCandy Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:59 am

Tern chuckled, “And you, handsome, are my favourite flea-pelt.” Ridge’s bashfulness did not bring any feeling of triumph or judgment to Tern. It only slightly amused him. Tern was a character and he knew it. Sometimes his easy friendliness shocked those who didn’t know him, and he knew it took a bit to get used to.

Sparing the poor elf of more embarrassment, Tern pretended he didn’t notice. For a moment, he considered taking it down a notch, but decided that it is always a good practice to be yourself. And plus, if he did not make it his solemn duty to help Ridge get his red face under control, who would? Blushes were becoming of everyone anyway, so Tern didn’t mind.

He began walking in the direction of the chieftess, refraining from calling out so he wouldn’t disturb the conversation she was having.
WolfCandy
WolfCandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember Robinwood Thu Aug 14, 2014 7:18 am

"Tern!" Ridge said indignantly, trying to hide a smile. "I am not a flea-pelt!" He crossed his arms and growled playfully at the sea-elf. He couldn't believe the way Tern was acting! Actually, he could and he enjoyed it. The way the sea-elf said things, his playful tone took the biting edge off of his comments. It was strangely alluring to the wolf-elf. Ridge had never truly experienced this kind of flirting, if it could be called that, before.

Ridge followed Tern in the direction of the chieftess and Stormcloud, flustered but oddly pleased.
Ember Robinwood
Ember Robinwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Leanan Thu Aug 14, 2014 12:39 pm

Stormcloud stared at the chieftess, her eyes wide with surprise. "Is that actually possible? I always thought that only your people could do that!" She exclaimed. Indeed, she had never heard of anyone of her own tribe being shaped like that by a healer. Perhaps the SeaFolk chieftess was only joking? The way some WolfFolk sometimes used the phrase 'go fish up a tree'?

But it did seem Tidemist was being serious. She thought about the suggestion. Was she afraid? Maybe a little. She was not very familiar with the ocean. It was not her territory. Swimming near the shore, that was fine. Going out in a boat, already a bit of an adventure. But swimming in the depths and breathing water like a fish? That was like something from a dream! Then again, if she could breathe underwater, and the chieftess was with her, surely it was no bigger risk than hunting in the forest?

"I accept!" She declared, finally. "But not today. I do not want to miss any part of this festival!"
Leanan
Leanan

Back to top Go down

Post by Apogee Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:04 pm

With Stormcloud's obvious excitement about ... something, Coral listened more closely to her conversation, even as his eyes drifted to look over the entire group.

So... There was the High One's seductive invitation for more of that intoxicating wine of hers... heh, that figured - anyone that didn't care for it, probably didn't care to watch the clouds or listen to the tide, it was such a relaxing, if slightly disorienting sensation.

To help tip the balance, and just after she accepted with conditions (the right conditions, Coral thought, this was a fine celebration, and even he was out of the sea for it), Coral said loud enough for her to hear, "you could see where your whistle comes from," and smirked once more.

He was very glad she'd instantly thought of a use for it - the bird calls she could produce with it might help her hunt!
Apogee
Apogee

http://www.droppin-the-fork.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfCandy Thu Aug 14, 2014 3:31 pm

“What?” Tern asked, ever innocent, “You aren’t? Are you sure?” He didn’t wait for an answer, “And I am not a fish, so we are even. How could you accuse me of being such cold, unpleasant company?” His face was shaped in a mask of mock horror, but his eyes smiled.

“All insults aside,” Tern said, turning back in the direction of Stormcloud and Tidemist, lowering his voice to a conspiratorial whisper, “Would you like me to teach you the proper way to give a gift? It’s a very particular business.”

Tern focused the majority of his attention on his conversation with Ridge, but a fragment of his interest was piqued at this deal being settled between the two she-elves. How would a wolf-elf react to a swim in the deep?
WolfCandy
WolfCandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Delhya Thu Aug 14, 2014 4:30 pm

Shaped by a healer? Brooksong was equally as surprised as Stormcloud at Tidemists comment. It sound so interesting and she wondered how it worked.

She observed all the elves walking up toward the sea chieftess, everyone seemed so cheery and getting along so well and smiled at the thought.

She also noted a solemn looking Seafolk coming towards the food table but he did not seem to be intent on interacting with anyone in particular. He move very gracefully like a hunter or warrior would. 'I wonder who he is?' she thought to herself.
Delhya
Delhya

Back to top Go down

Post by Tidemist Thu Aug 14, 2014 5:39 pm

Tidemist laughed a little harder than she probably should have at Stormcloud's comments. She took a brief heartbeat to get her calm back and shook her head grinning and still mildly chuckling. “Of course not! I mean, sure only our pips are usually born with their own gills, but most of the tribe can't shape themselves into fish kin. So they go to the High One to get their tails for a while. I see no reason why she can't give you gills and a tail for a day.” She smiled widely, looking the maid up and down a bit. She nodded to Stormcloud's condition.

“Fair enough then, another day! You're not really wearing the best things to go swimming anyway. We'll have to find a good shirt for you to wear then...and try not to wear pants. You'll never be able to fit a tail in shorts!” She laughed a bit. Tidemist smiled, holding out her webbed hand for a shake to seal the deal. “I wonder what kind of tail you'll sprout?” she wondered out loud as she kept her hand out.
Tidemist
Tidemist
Chieftess

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember Robinwood Thu Aug 14, 2014 6:37 pm

Ridge growled at Tern's comment, but his eyes shown with laughter. He made to shove the sea-elf, but came up short as he offered to show him how to present a gift. There was a particular way to do this? He shook himself slightly and straightened up.

"I'd appreciate it," Ridge said. It would be good to learn these things. It was odd how the sea-elves seemed to have a way of doing everything.

--

Serpent Fang stopped by the food tables. He looked at the food. He selected his choice of shellfish. It was something he considered a delicacy and was willing to indulge in. Their meat was delicate and their shells were fine in decorating. He'd selected three when he felt as though he was being watched. He looked up sharply to see a white haired she-elf from the WolfFolk. He watched her unblinkingly for a moment. Who was she and why was she looking at him?
Ember Robinwood
Ember Robinwood

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfCandy Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:10 pm

With a chuckle, Tern began his lesson. “First, you must stand very tall, and bring your shoulders back and take a deep breath, chest forward. Make yourself look terribly irresistible.” Tern lengthened his postured, brought his shoulders back, and puffed up his chest. He ran a hand through his hair, taming its unruliness only a little. Then, he flashed Ridge the most over-the-top-charming smile he could manage. “Can you do that?” He relaxed his posture and watched intently, “Be confident! Be handsome!” he gave his enthusiastic encouragement.

“Next, you must approach your target with nonchalance, confidence, and purpose! All in one!” He made a circle around Ridge, demonstrating. “It is very important you do not trip. She may not notice you at first,” Tern brought a sharp finger into the air, “But that is okay. Don’t let it dishearten you.”
WolfCandy
WolfCandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember Robinwood Thu Aug 14, 2014 9:49 pm

Ridge took a deep breath, bringing his shoulders back and trying to puff out his chest. It felt awkward and a bit unsteady. He lifted his chin, watched Tern through half-lidded eyes. "Like this?" He asked, muscles lock in place.

It was hard for him not to laugh or smile at Tern's demonstration. It was impressive for the sea-elf, but he didn't know about himself. He felt strangely out of his comfort zone.
Ember Robinwood
Ember Robinwood

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfCandy Thu Aug 14, 2014 10:15 pm

“Very good,” Tern said with a smile, “Just loosen up a bit, you want it to seem natural, regardless if it is or not. Do you feel like the most alluring elf at the festival?” Tern’s smile broke into grin. “Now try walking. Remember what I said.”

“After you’ve mastered this, you must offer the gift to the lady with the utmost courtesy. Don’t forget to make it extravagant. Compliment her, make the gift seem pale by her comparison. A simple, but unworthy favour.” In one florid motion, Tern extended the strand towards Ridge. However, he pulled it back before he could get a chance to accept the offering. “You must tempt them with the gift, but refuse to give it to them unless they promise you a dance for when the music begins”

Tern clapped his hands together, “And then it is done. You have given a gift and found a dance partner.”
WolfCandy
WolfCandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Leanan Fri Aug 15, 2014 12:59 pm

Stormcloud smiled at Coral. "I will indeed! Maybe you'd like to come with us?" She suggested. "If that is alright for the chieftess?" She added, looking at Tidemist.

"Another day, yes." Stormcloud agreed, happily, and clasped Tidemist's hand to confirm the deal. Truly, it was going to be quite an adventure! She made a mental note about the dressing advice. Of course the chieftess was right - a tail and pants would be a bad combination. When Tidemist wondered aloud about the tail she would have, Stormcloud answered, with a giggle: "A short one, if the rest of me is anything to judge by!"

Last edited by Leanan on Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Leanan
Leanan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tidemist Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:13 pm

Tidemist smiled as Stormcloud looked at her. "Of course. As if I could ever stop this fuzzy urchin hair." She laughed and gave Coral's hair a light ruffle with her fingers. "I can't count on both my hands how many hours he likes to stay under the water with his precious coral. I swear, if he could recognize coral he would!" She grinned.

And she looked quite pleased when Stormcloud shook her hand. There was no backing out for the wolf maiden! Though at least she seemed adventerous enough to tolerate it. When Stormcloud made her joke about her height, it made Tidemist burst out laughing. She quickly had to explain, "Oh no, Kaimeta can make it as long as you or she wants! I meant the color of it! You see, we're all like fish...we have different color patterns. Take me for example. I sprout a tail with flukes colored similarly to my fins." She held up her arms, showing the fins that rested on her forearms. "The main tail is silver white, like my hair, with the flukes being the yellow,blue and purple. But, Tern there" She took a moment to point out the distinctly colored black and white haired elf. "When he's got his tail, it's this cold grey-blue...like the ocean during the Weaksun season. We all have different colorings."

Last edited by Tidemist on Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tidemist
Tidemist
Chieftess

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember Robinwood Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:24 pm

"No, I don't feel alluring," Ridge said, he tried to conceal the laugh threaten to burst forth, but ended up turning into a snort. He grinned sheepishly at Tern. He tried to relax his muscles, but it felt to strange. he was used to sitting hunched over working with cubs or curing leathers that it didn't feel natural.

Ridge took a couple of paces, trying to move naturally rather than like a lumbering beast. He watched carefully as Tern went through the motions of offering the gift, but quickly retracted it. He had to complement Stormcloud? That was easy, but the idea was odd. He'd know her since she was a cub, what was there to say? They were friends; what kind of complements could be doled out? And a... dance?!

Ridge took a sudden step back. "No way, Tern," he said, a note of panic in his voice. "I had no idea how to dance! Can't I just give to her and be done with it?"
Ember Robinwood
Ember Robinwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15 ... 27  Next