High Cove Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Fire is Coming
by Ember Robinwood Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:37 am

» Wolf/Sea OOC Discussion
by Leanan Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:37 pm

» Nymirni's Beach
by Tidemist Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:36 am

» Staff On LOA
by Kaimeta Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:33 am

» [Art] Shinebright's drawings
by Ember Robinwood Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:20 pm

» Kaimeta's Beach and Hut
by Kaimeta Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:58 am

» Lace's Cave
by Shinebright Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:36 am

» chit chat
by Kaimeta Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:46 pm

» Members on LOA
by Tidemist Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:58 am

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 35 on Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:40 am
Affiliates

free forum

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

Kaimeta's Beach and Hut

4 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Kaimeta's Beach and Hut Empty Kaimeta's Beach and Hut

Post by Tidemist Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:14 pm

Any storylines set in Kaimeta's beach or hut, or around it, will occur here.
Tidemist
Tidemist
Chieftess

Back to top Go down

Kaimeta's Beach and Hut Empty Re: Kaimeta's Beach and Hut

Post by Kaimeta Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:31 am

Kai sat in a low chair, her feet buried in the sand, her hands hanging limp from the arms of her chair her fingertips brushing the sand. To her right on a small table sat a cup of something fermented like alcohol. The High one's long red hair was coming loose from it's binding braid, and trailed a ways around her chair in the sand. The large brim of her straw hat was pulled down over her eyes, blocking out the most of the sun's light.

The high one was at peace in her altered state, as she slept away the afternoon, a loud snore escaped from the ancient elf. These were the days she lived for since loosing her son and mate. She had gone to dark places after that, but now thousands of years later, all the elder wanted to was sit in the sun and drink whatever fermented juice she could find till the memories were nothing more than a dull ache in her chest.

As thus the High One Kaimeta, spent her days in blissful oblivion.
Kaimeta
Kaimeta
High One

Back to top Go down

Post by Leanan Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:13 pm

Stormcloud had been hunting all night. She'd made a couple small kills - a bird and a rodent - with her sharp-edged throwing knives. But then she and her huge wolf-friend, Bigpaws, had chased a rabbit and been unfortunate enough to fall in a muddy spot of marsh, causing them both to be covered in a layer of brown, stinking mud.

Since they were close to the beach, Stormcloud had decided they would go there to wash themselves clean again. The elfess hoped no one would notice them until they had bathed - they looked quite a fright, with the mud covering their bodies and making their hair stand up in a filthy mess.

Stormcloud was small for a WolfFolk female, but her form was clearly that of a mature maiden, not a child. Bigpaws, on the other hand, was the largest wolf in the pack and its alpha male. Together they made a striking contrast, but today as she rode him, both might have been one creature, some primordial mud-monster with two heads and six limbs, as it was hard to see where one soiled form ended and another began.

It was with dismay that she spotted Kaimeta's hut close by. She had not intended to come this far to the beach, to be seen by the High One in such an embarrassing situation.
Leanan
Leanan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaimeta Tue Jul 29, 2014 5:42 pm

Kai tried to ignore the rustling from the woods not far from her hut. She didn't want to leave her dreams yet. However the sounds persisted and she wondered if she should look into it. So she slowly opened one eye and tilted her head so slightly to see what she could only assume was a WolfFolk Elf and their bonded Wolf, covered in mud. If Kai wasn't trying to remain motionless she might have laughed, but she knew that most of the elves around didn't like for her to see them anything less than their best. So the High One shifted her head back and reached for her drink, taking a long swig from the cup. She stifled the urge to belch as was normal for her after drinking so much so fast, but she fought it down and won.

She yawned and shifted in her chair getting comfortable again.

"When you're done bathing would you like a drink?" Kai asked from under her straw hat.
Kaimeta
Kaimeta
High One

Back to top Go down

Post by Leanan Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:58 am

Stormcloud blushed, not that it was visible under the layer of mud covering her. The High One was watching her. Embarrassed, she stepped a bit closer. "Yes, please. Thank you." She managed to say, wondering what the High One's drink would taste like. The SeaFolk did some clever things with fermented fruit and berries, but she had always preferred the simplicity of dreamberries fresh from the bush when she wanted that kind of relaxation.

She waded into the sea, with Bigpaws closely at her heels. She had to help him get clean, and she scrubbed her own body vigorously, too, yearning to be rid of every last bit of mud. She even took off her clothes to wash them inside and outside.

When she was done, she dressed again, her leathers wet but at least clean. She walked back to the High One's hut, while Bigpaws headed for the forest, in search for some shade to rest in.

Stormcloud faced Kaimeta and spoke to her: "Thank you for not making fun of me." Her blush was visible now on her pale cheeks. Of all people to see her covered in muck, it had to be the High One!
Leanan
Leanan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaimeta Wed Jul 30, 2014 8:23 pm

Kaimeta stood up and stretched.  "We all have moments we'd rather forget." Kaimeta said her eyes dimming at the thought of things she'd rather forget. "Anyway now that you're clean." Kaimeta meandered into her hut and returned with another cup and a large pitcher of her fermented drink. "Though you might like fresh water." She said looking into the pitcher. "It's fermented juice of something , I dunno for certain. Tidemist brings this stuff to me." She shrugged, poured some into the cup and offered it to the WolfKolk elf.
Kai sat down in her chair again. "You're Stormcloud, right?" Kai squinted at the elfess in front of her. "I think I knew your mother, or maybe grandmother. I dunno." She shook her head and took drink from her own cup. "Care to sit?" She gesture to another chair not far from Kai's on the other side of the table. "It's been a spell since I had company."
Kaimeta
Kaimeta
High One

Back to top Go down

Post by Leanan Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:08 am

"The fermented juice is fine. Thank you!" Stormcloud responded. She had never been this close to the High One's hut, so she looked around curiously. It looked like a pleasant place to live in - although it was rather far from anyone else. She wondered what had caused Kaimeta to choose to live here instead of among other elves. She could not imagine living like this. She belonged with her tribe, and enjoyed their company, at least most of the time.

"Yes, I am Stormcloud. My grandmother spoke of you often." She replied. Her grandmother had had great respect for the High One. She had said the tribe was blessed to have such a one live near them. Stormcloud had never quite understood, but she had listened obediently.

She sat down in the chair, which was so large her feet didn't quite reach the ground. In the company of the tall High One, she felt her own smallness very keenly. It didn't bother her, usually, to be the smallest adult WolfFolk, but here she could not help feeling like a child. But then again, perhaps anyone was a child, compared to the age of a High One such as Kaimeta?
Leanan
Leanan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaimeta Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:08 pm

Kai noticed that Stromcloud was uneasy around her, as most were, she was a High One after all, among the first to come to this planet. She also noticed how much smaller the elves had become since arriving here, but it mattered little to her about their size it was their hearts and company she loved. 

"So care to tell me what brings you here covered in mud?" Kai asked before taking a drink from her cup and finding it empty. She refilled her own cup, before taking a deep drink from it. "I gather you and your wolf were hunting right?" she asked her eyes shining bright. She saw so few others aside from Tidemist and a the ones that come to her for healing or shaping.
Kaimeta
Kaimeta
High One

Back to top Go down

Post by Leanan Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:51 am

Stormcloud blushed again, and tried to cover her embarrassment by drinking deeply from the cup she had been given. Unfortunately, the drink was stronger than she expected and she ended up coughing a bit.

"Yes, we were hunting. And we got so exited, we didn't notice we were heading for a mud pit, until it was too late. Once Bigpaws starts running at full speed it is hard for him to stop quickly." She explained.

The High One's eyes fascinated her. Not just the fact that they were different colors, but because they seemed to be full of hidden depths. "My grandmother said you know all that is worth knowing," she remarked, not sure what made her say this aloud.
Leanan
Leanan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaimeta Fri Aug 01, 2014 6:19 pm

Kai giggled at her cough as Stormcloud took a drink and obviously  finding it strong. "Sorry about that. I like it stronger" She said winking at the young one. 

"Indeed, Bigpaws seems like a strong wolf." She looked over her shoulder to the trees where the wolf had taken shelter from the sun." I would imagine when he starts running at his size it is hard to stop." She smiled at the young elf again. "But enthusiasm is a good trait to have!" She said taking a drink from her own cup. 

Kai chuckled at little at Stormcloud's comment about her knowing all that's worth knowing. "I suppose to some it might seem that way, but there is my I have forgotten and things I would rather forget buy can not." She said, her face darkening for a moment before she mentally shook of memories and smiled at the other elf. 
"Was it a good hunt?" she enquired.
Kaimeta
Kaimeta
High One

Back to top Go down

Post by Leanan Sat Aug 02, 2014 2:01 pm

Stormcloud drank again, more slowly this time. The drink was sweet and fruity, with a lingering aroma of spice. "This is very good." She said apprectiatively. "Do you know who makes it?"

"Bigpaws has been the packleader for several turns of the seasons now. There is no other wolf like him." She said proudly. "Sometimes he does get a bit too enthusiastic. Some of the SeaFolk are afraid or him because of that." Stormcloud drank some more. Bigpaws was friendly to all elves, not just the WolfFolk, but since his usual way of showing friendship was to lick elves' faces and drool all over them while wagging his tail enthusiastically, not all SeaFolk appreciated such shows of affection. Stormcloud was glad he had chosen to go rest in the shade, rather than slobber all over the High One.

She smiled to herself, and answered the next question: "It started as a good hunt, we caught some small game to feed ourselves with, but thanks to the mud pit, we failed to get anything to take home to those of our tribe who do not hunt for themselves. So it was only part a success." Her tone was serious now. No one was starving, but she felt she had not done her job as well as she could have, this time.
Leanan
Leanan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember Robinwood Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:29 pm

Serpent Fang walked along the line of the surf. His head was bowed, eyes narrowed against the harsh sunlight. Waves rolled over his bare feet, washing away his footprints as soon as they were made. He carried a bone-headed spear in his web-fingered hand, point down. The water tugged at the spear head with every heave of the surf.

Serpent Fang had been out since before sunup, hunting along the rock outcroppings by the Holt for shellfish that could sometimes be found there. He had nothing to show for it. His clothes clung to his body from sweat and seawater. He was tired and irritable from the blazing sun and the heat.

Blinking, Serpent Fang raised his head. He squinted across the beach, spying the High One lounging outside her hut with a WolfFolk tribesman. Annoyance stabbed through him at the sight of the two of them. His muscles tensed sharply and his grip on his spear tightened significantly. He scowled, pressing his tongue against his teeth as his slowed his pace.
Ember Robinwood
Ember Robinwood

Location : East of the Misty Mountains, but West of Mirkwood, along the Old Ford and the Great River of Wilderland

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaimeta Sun Aug 03, 2014 12:05 am

Kai smiled at the young one. "Tidemist Leader of the SeaFolk makes it or at least she brings it to me, so maybe someone in her tribe makes it. As you know I tend to keep as far removed from tribal life as I can." Her smile big and bright.

She glanced at the wolf still lounging in the shade near by. "So he's the pack leader? He must be strong indeed." Kai said "How lucky you are to have him as your wolf partner." She smiled at Stormcloud. "You two seems to be a good match." She had seen only a few like that in her life time. Matches so good between a bonded wolf and rider. It was refreshing to see that such matches still happened.

Kai noticed a figure on the beach but said nothing of it to her companion. She couldn't tell who it was but she could figure it was a sea elf out for whatever reason. She only hoped that peace reigned today.

She turned again to Stormcloud. "Next I see Tidemist I can ask her to bring me a few jars of the juice to trade for you if you'd like." She smiled.
Kaimeta
Kaimeta
High One

Back to top Go down

Post by Leanan Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:21 pm

Stormcloud smiled, glad of the compliments about her bond. She noted that Kaimeta knew a lot about WolfFolk and their bonds, as might be expected from a High One. Her grandmother must have been right; Kaimeta was very wise.

"Who is that over there?" She asked, noticing the elf who approached but did not come to greet them.

"I look forward to getting the juice. What would you like to trade it for? I can get furs, or leathers, or meat. Maybe other things too, things my tribemates make." She sipped some more of the tasty drink. "Have you ever tried dreamberries?" She asked suddenly.
Leanan
Leanan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaimeta Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:47 pm

Kai looked over at the elf on the sand. "I would hazard a guess at that being a Sea elf." She said taking another drink. "As for trade, I'm not sure what they'd like. I will ask Tidemist when I next see her if there are things needed in her holt." She smiled over at the Wolfelf.  "I don't want for much more than what I have." She smiled at the mention of dream berries. "I have." She paused taking another drink. "And there are some that would say I enjoy them far to much." She laughed and took another drink.
Kaimeta
Kaimeta
High One

Back to top Go down

Post by Leanan Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:56 pm

Stromcloud thought in her head that she knew the stranger was a SeaFolk; she would have recognized her own tribemates. But she reminded herself that she had asked, so of course the High One would give her best answer.

"The festival is soon. Perhaps I will find some of this drink to trade for there." She commented, half to herself.

At the response to the dreamberry question, Stormcloud giggled a little. "I do not think there is such a thing as too much dreamberries." She paused, and had an idea. "You should come visit me in the forest sometime! I would show you the hospitality of my people, as you have shown me yours. And all the dreamberries you can eat!"
Leanan
Leanan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaimeta Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:03 pm

Kai smiled at Stormcloud. " I will when next I am in the forest. I believe I am due there before long." She said tilting her head as if in thought. "I have always loved the kindness and hospitality of the WolfFolk. Usually so gentle till threatened." She smiled at the younger elf. 

"I think trading for the drink at the festival would be a grand idea. Far better than me playing go between." She was after all usually in an altered state, either with dream berries or fermented juices of some kind. Why she didn't move into a cave nearer the Sea Folk or into a hollow near the Wolf Folk so she wasn't alone so often she didn't know. "I look forward to the festival every year. It always makes me happy seeing both tribes working in peace towards a common goal. I wish it could be like that more often." She sighed, tried to drink from her empty cup again. With a little grunt she sat up, and poured herself another. 

"You're slowing down, young one." She smiled at Stormcloud. "If you don't pick up your drinking pace I fear I shall drink this pitcher more alone than with you." She smiled her eyes bright but dulled with the juice drink. The High One was effectively drunk..
Kaimeta
Kaimeta
High One

Back to top Go down

Post by Leanan Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:09 pm

"Many would be glad to see you there." Stormcloud chose not to mention that some of the WolfFolk were a bit suspicious of the High One, who was in their eyes more connected with the SeaFolk than the WolfFolk. For most, she was a respected High One, older than any of their own elders. Stormcloud could not even understand numbers as big as Kaimeta's age would be.

"I like the festival, too. There's all kinds of fun to be had." She licked her lips and emptied her cup. "I shall try keep better pace with you, so pour me more, please!" She pushed her empty cup towards Kaimeta.
Leanan
Leanan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaimeta Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:13 pm

Kai laughed and poured Stormcloud another cup of the juice. "I hear this year they are planning a sort of competition. I look forward to that." She smiled. "I think that a friendly competition between the tribes would be good. As long as it stays peaceful." Kai knew first hand how out of control the gatherings could get. "I also look forward to the food." She sighed and sat back, her hand resting lighting on the rim of her cup. 

"How about you, Stormcloud?" She turned her head to look at the other elf. "What do you look forward to at the festival?"
Kaimeta
Kaimeta
High One

Back to top Go down

Post by Leanan Tue Aug 05, 2014 1:22 pm

Stormcloud drank deep. She was getting to like this drink very much. It made her head fuzzy, just like dreamberries. Considering how small she was and how much she had already drank, she was thoroughly inebriated already. "Contest, eh?" At another time, she might have asked more, but now she was distracted by the next question.

"Well... it's the dancing, I guess, and things that happen after the dancing, if one is lucky", she said, grinning impishly, "pleasures shared and all that, as I am sure you know." She drank again, and hiccuped, and grinned again. "Quite a kick, this stuff." She raised her cup high, as if in a toast. "Here's to a happy -hic- festival!"
Leanan
Leanan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaimeta Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:19 pm

Kai threw her head back and laughed. "Oh I remember the dancing and the night dances done with special partners." Kai remember when she was a tad younger and the dances that she took part in. Her thoughts tried to drift back to one such lover, with whom she truly loved. She shook her head and  slammed the rest of her cup, then poured another fighting the memories back. 'No' she thought. She smiled at Stromcloud. "To the festival!" Kai raising her own cup high giggling as she took a deep drink.
Kaimeta
Kaimeta
High One

Back to top Go down

Post by Leanan Wed Aug 06, 2014 1:21 pm

Stormcloud drank some more. She was now at a stage where she wasn't thinking sensibly. Rather than worry about whether it was polite or not to inquire such things, she suddenly blurted out: "How come you don't have a lovemate?"

It was a question she wouldn't normally ask anyone, as she knew everyone had their own choices to make in that area of life. But the High One was so beautiful, and wise, and kind... surely she deserved love?

Leanan
Leanan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaimeta Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:52 pm

Kai nearly spit out her drink at the question. It wasn't one she got often and she didn't mind answering. "A very long time ago I had a Lifemate." She smiled at the other elf, as she spoke sweet and fond memories flooding the High one's dunk brain." We were very happy and even had a child together. A son." She smiled remembering how it felt to hold her son when he was young. "My mate was lost in a battle, he died before I could get to him." Tears started to form in her eyes. "And My first son was lost in the same." She shook her head "I never knew what became of him." She said a tear falling down her cheek. "I choose not to have a love mate at this point in my very long life, because I know it wouldn't be fair to the other elf. I am so scared and broken, that I could not truly love them for who they are." She smiled and wiped her tears away.

"Never mind the ramblings of a old out of sorts fool." Kai said with a smile. "Is there a lucky young elf you have your eye on?" She asked trying to change the subject.
Kaimeta
Kaimeta
High One

Back to top Go down

Post by Leanan Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:14 pm

Stormcloud listened attentively to Kaimeta's memories. "I am sorry for your losses." She wished she could hug the High One to comfort her, but even drunk, she did not dare such familiarity. "You are a healer! How can you of all people be hurt and broken?" She exclaimed instead. She was still young and inexperienced, such feelings were not familiar to her.

She drank some more, before answering the question. "I have had lovemates, but there is no-one at the moment. But perhaps someone will turn up at the festival." She replied in a hopeful tone.
Leanan
Leanan

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaimeta Fri Aug 08, 2014 5:00 am

Kai wasn't really sure what to say. The High One took a drink and looked at the younger elf. How long as it been since Kai was like her? How many thousands of years had passed since then? Kai sighed and took another drink from her cup. "I am a healer of bodies, bones, and flesh." She paused, "The Heart, Spirit and Mind are another matter that I have no ability to heal." She spoke honestly.

"You are beautiful to be sure I am sure a handsome young elf will sweep you off your feet at the festival." Kai agreed and drank in response to hopefulness. "I can not wait to play with the little ones of the Tribes." Kai said smiling. "We play seek and hide, tis always a grand time for all." Kai turned to Stromcloud. "You might remember a time I did so with you and your friends."

Kai had been at the high cove for over 2000 years now, she had seen many pip and cub in her time and even delivered a few as she was called to, but what she loved most was the innocent natures of their hearts.

Kai filled her cup and Stormcloud's again. "I fear we need more juice." Kai said staggering to her feet and into her hut. "AH HA!" She said after rummaging around for a moment and returned to her chair with a new pitcher of the drink.
Kaimeta
Kaimeta
High One

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next