High Cove Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Fire is Coming
by Ember Robinwood Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:37 am

» Wolf/Sea OOC Discussion
by Leanan Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:37 pm

» Nymirni's Beach
by Tidemist Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:36 am

» Staff On LOA
by Kaimeta Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:33 am

» [Art] Shinebright's drawings
by Ember Robinwood Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:20 pm

» Kaimeta's Beach and Hut
by Kaimeta Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:58 am

» Lace's Cave
by Shinebright Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:36 am

» chit chat
by Kaimeta Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:46 pm

» Members on LOA
by Tidemist Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:58 am

Who is online?
In total there are 6 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 6 Guests

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 35 on Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:40 am
Affiliates

free forum

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

Goldsand Beach~Harvest Festival

+6
Ember Robinwood
Leanan
Tidemist
Kaimeta
Delhya
Apogee
10 posters

Page 2 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next

Go down

Goldsand Beach~Harvest Festival - Page 2 Empty Re: Goldsand Beach~Harvest Festival

Post by Tidemist Wed Aug 06, 2014 11:39 pm

Tidemist smiled as she righted herself in the air, gently landing her feet in the sand. She looked at Brooksong, taking her leathers in at a glance. The WolfFolk were so good at crafting clothing from skins! "Interesting! You wolf bloods always seem so good at herblore." She smiled and crouched down near Ridge, looking at Tern. She looked over the various braided flowers he had made, and then at the flowers he was working on and offering to her.

"Oh, the crown? I gave it to Kaimeta when I saw her joining the festival. Thought it'd help her get in the right mood. And certainly...I'll take it now, I wouldn't mind tying it with my braids...or perhaps I'll imitate your cousin and wrap my braids with blooms." She nodded her head towards the pearl bedecked elf and smiled, resting her arms on her knees. She glanced at the flowers Brooksong had offered and smiled, picking one up. "Wow, these are beautiful! Colors like a fish...or me" She laughed, waving her arm fins lightly. "What was your name?" She smiled, now looking between Brooksong and Ridge, acknowledging the male elf beside her.
Tidemist
Tidemist
Chieftess

Back to top Go down

Goldsand Beach~Harvest Festival - Page 2 Empty Re: Goldsand Beach~Harvest Festival

Post by WolfCandy Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:40 am

“I’ll use both then. And thank you, your name isn’t so bad either. Any particular meaning behind it? You can probably tell mine.” Tern laughed at Ridge’s next words, shaking his head, “It’s not obvious, I only assumed. Someone who braids a cub’s hair upon request must either be a cub-minder or a family member. I figured the former would be more likely than the latter.” Before Tern could insist on Ridge starting to try braiding the stems, the approaching she-elf settled down near the two.

He turned to listen to Brooksong as she spoke, chuckling warmly at her enthusiasm, “Thank you, that’s what I was going for.” He glanced down at the flower he assumed was a ‘star flower’ and spoke in a thoughtful tone, “Star flowers, hmmm? I’ll keep that in mind, but I’m always relaxed.” He let out a sigh of contentment to demonstrate the fact.

Tern picked up one of the flowers Brooksong had placed in front of him and twirled it in his fingers, examining it. After a moment of consideration, he shrugged and added it to the strand. When his chieftess spoke of the crown, he stopped braiding. “Woah there, chieftess. I’m not that fast. This one only has five blossoms. If you want to go wild on your braids with it, you’ll have to wait a bit.”
WolfCandy
WolfCandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember Robinwood Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:03 am

"No, unfortunately," Ridge smiled, ducking his head to hide his blush at the sea-elf's comment. He shook his head, trying to suppress his smile. He looked back up at Tern, laughing when he shook his head. Yes, his name's origin was obvious.

Ridge acknowledged Tidemist with a polite nod. He looked down at the Star Flowers Brooksong had offered. He felt obligated to contribute to Tern's flower chain as well and glanced down at the flower he was still holding.

"I suppose I should take it as a compliment that you think I'm not a cubs family member," he teased lightly and (with uncharacteristic bashfulness) offered Tern the purple flower he'd picked up from the sea-elf's stock.
Ember Robinwood
Ember Robinwood

Location : East of the Misty Mountains, but West of Mirkwood, along the Old Ford and the Great River of Wilderland

Back to top Go down

Post by Leanan Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:24 pm

Stormcloud began her festival at the food tables. She sampled the various dishes both tribes had provided, and gave compliments to the cooks. She sampled some drinks too, in quite generous amounts, trying to find the fermented juice she had tasted at Kaimeta's hut some days ago. She smiled to herself, drinking something sweet and a bit sticky and chewing on some raw meat - her curiousity for the other tribe's way did not extend to eating meat she thought was ruined in a fire. She looked at all the people, trying to find someone to talk to without disturbing an already existing conversation. She spotted the High One walking on her own.

"My eyes see with joy, High One! Have you enjoyed the festival so far?" She asked.
Leanan
Leanan

Back to top Go down

Post by Delhya Thu Aug 07, 2014 3:43 pm

“My name is Brooksong Chieftess” she said with a smile, “My mother taught me all I know about the herbs and flowers around here and a little beyond our holt.”

She looked to Tern “I am glad you can use them,” she said to Tern closing her bag back. She smiled at his comment towards Tidemist.

‘We aren’t so different from them, why is it some adults are so stuck in the mud just because we live differently?’ she thought.

“Ridge is like having a older brother for sure,” glancing at him she smirked at him. “He would never let me explore very far from our Holt when I was younger even though I insisted I had already visited it with my parents many times.”  She grinned “but now you have the new cublings to watch and I can slip away with Moonhowl more often to explore.”

She rocked back on her heels careful to not sink in the sand and adjusted her shoulder bag to her side. “I brought some other herbs, good for cooking and adding flavors to drinks but I don’t know who I should take them too.” She said to no one in particular.
Delhya
Delhya

Back to top Go down

Post by Tidemist Thu Aug 07, 2014 4:31 pm

Tidemist was enjoying herself, settling herself to sit in the sand, glancing up at the sun that rose higher and higher. "Brooksong? What a lovely thing to be named after. Water always makes good names." She winked, a small joke on the fact she lived a water life style. She was mildly surprised at how young she seemed, but the thought was shrugged off. She leaned back and listened to Brooksong, looking over at Ridge now. "Ah, you're a pip watcher? You're a braver elf then I am...those little dagger-teeth would surely eat me alive." She laughed again.

She began sinking onto her elbows, her white silver hair stark against the golden sands which she spread out behind her to keep it from under her. "Hm? Oh food herbs...that should be good. I didn't think any wolf bloods knew how to actually cook...don't you all hate fire?" She looked at her idly, no malice in her tone or gaze. "Though I imagine any of our cooks would be glad to use them, if you could tell them what it tastes best with. Just don't mess with those sea mussels in broth...those are perfect." She licked her lips and rubbed her stomach with a smile. If the sun didn't feel so good, she would have gotten up and gotten another bowl. She tilted a webbed ear slightly, hearing music now. "Ah. the musician's are starting...if this keeps up, I'll end up falling asleep. Festival days are wonderful."

Last edited by Tidemist on Thu Aug 07, 2014 7:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
Tidemist
Tidemist
Chieftess

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfCandy Thu Aug 07, 2014 5:53 pm

“You just seemed a little young to have a number of ‘cublings’ under your fins that are your own,” Tern explained, “But I am glad you feel complimented; nothing pleases me more than handing out compliments.” He took his eyes away from the braid to give the wolf-elf a friendly smile. “Thank you,” he said, noticing the purple flower and taking it. He added it to the strand.

Holding the end of the braid in one hand so that it wouldn’t become undone, Tern stretched the fingers on his other hand and rolled his wrists. After a moment, he switched hands and did the same thing. Before continuing the braid, he lengthened his arms in front of him, rolling his back and shoulders, and listened to the faint, satisfying sound of cracking. He rolled his neck a bit, then briefly stretched his chest.

By the time he had loosened up his body, stagnant from sitting in the same position all morning, Brooksong spoke. “Don’t listen to the chieftess, maiden. Look no further than here,” he gave another answer to her question while beginning to braid again, “Are they tasty by themselves?” He tilted his head back and towards her, mouth open.
WolfCandy
WolfCandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember Robinwood Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:25 pm

"I would never let you go far, Brooksong, because I knew you'd get into trouble. You're still a cub as far as I'm concerned, so you have to listen to what I say," Ridge joked.

"The cubs aren't as evil as you make them sound, chieftess." he said with a grin at Tidemist, "but they can be. Take Stormcloud for example she was one of the first cubs I ever had to mind. She was a bundle of joy at times and a little dagger-tooth at others." Ridge remembered how much trouble she could be, like all cubs, but she also had her good days.

"Sometimes they act like they're all mine even if none of them are," Ridge said with a chuckle to Tern. "I started cub-minding when I was about Brooksong's age. If I ever have any of my own, I'll have plenty of experience."

Ridge watched Tern roll his shoulders and crack his back before glancing away quickly. He looked over at Tidemist to cover looking quickly away from Tern. "I noticed the cubs and pips, as you call them, are keeping the High One busy. They really do love playing with her."
Ember Robinwood
Ember Robinwood

Location : East of the Misty Mountains, but West of Mirkwood, along the Old Ford and the Great River of Wilderland

Back to top Go down

Post by Delhya Thu Aug 07, 2014 6:44 pm

Brooksong winked at Ridge, “With Moonhowl I can’t get in THAT much trouble” She pretended a pouty face at him. “He is more protective than you ever were and I can’t slip away from him on my best day” she laughed.

Brooksong smiled at Tidemists comment about her name. “My parents gave me that name because they said a babbled like the brook near the Holt when I was little.” She laughed “Now I actually do sing some for the tribe.”
“It’s true we have no need for cooking our meat, and we keep fire use to a minimum but roots and tubers taste terrible raw for the most part and can be a bit bland. Hence the need for the herbs. By boiling them in water it softens them and lets the herbs soak into them.” She glanced over towards Sunsong who had been quite this whole time.

To Tern she smiled “ Starflower petals are not overly sweet but not too bitter either, One could sweeten a drink made of them with berries or beesweets if someone were daring enough to collect it I hear." She grinned “I heard the last one to attempt it was an eight of seasons ago and all they got out of it was a scolding from our chief for stirring them up and lots of welts from the stingers.” She giggled.

Taking her bag off her shoulder she laid it between her and Tern. “I can show you later what the different ones in here are for and how to dry them to make them last longer. Some are from as far as the other side of the Holt.”

She glanced towards the Highone and saw Stormcloud nearing her as well as a WolfFolk cub and SeaFolk pip hiding near by or so they thought and smiled, seek and find was always her favorite growing up.
Delhya
Delhya

Back to top Go down

Post by Apogee Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:45 am

Sunsong's curiosity was, if anything, increased when this exotic dark-haired elf handed her this "pearl" thing. It was hard, and though small she could sense that it was solid, not an egg at all. She wasn't sure what an 'oyster' was, but apparently it was a talented crafter if it could make a smooth pale orb like this.

But he'd said something else: "ooh, there are eggs?" She laughed, it was a strange barking sound more than the musical elfin voice that most others would use, "some of my folk don't like eggs - they say they're slimy or squishy, but I like them. Fish eggs are tiny... that's why I thought these things," she held up the pearl, "were from fish."

Sunsong looked around, realized there really were quite a few people here on this warm beach. "I didn't bring any food," she looked slightly perturbed, "I wasn't sure what to hunt, and besides there is already a lot of it there. I can smell it."

She stood on her toes, strong claw-tipped toes, and saw shaped stands with a variety of baskets, plates, woven mats and even hides, spread with foods.
Apogee
Apogee

http://www.droppin-the-fork.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaimeta Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:52 am

Kai heard a familiar voice and smiled as she turned to see Stromcloud. "Hello there, Stormcloud." She said making her way over. "I have indeed!" You just missed the best game of seek and find ever played!" She exclaimed. "The young ones are always a joy to my heart." The High One said with a smile. Her eyes were bright and unclouded by drink, berries or her past. She was truly loving every moment of the festival.

"How about you, my young friend?" Kai enquired. "How have you found the festival?"
Kaimeta
Kaimeta
High One

Back to top Go down

Post by Leanan Fri Aug 08, 2014 7:25 am

Snaketwist smiled at Sunsong. "The food is there for anyone who wants it. If you like, I can tell you what is in the dishes. There's even some smoked fish I prepared myself. It is very nice, if I may say so myself." He gestured towards the food tables. "Shall we go and taste some?" He suggested. "You are right that there is plenty of it. And the smells are making me hungry, too." Snaketwist liked being with people, and this strange wolf-elf roused his curiousity. For example, he had never heard anyone laugh the way she did.

--

Stormcloud chuckled. "The young ones adore you, you know. It is a luxury for them to have an adult play with them the way you do. Most of the time, we are too busy." She was, herself, at an age where children's games no longer interested her, since she was so new to adulthood. But she had in mind to participate in the festival contests, especially the knife throwing. One could say those were just games for adults, but for her there was a distinction. Playing with children at her age, she saw as a kind of embarrassment.

"I have found it delicious", she replied, "the food is very good. But I have not found the special drink yet - although I have tasted many other good ones!"
Leanan
Leanan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tidemist Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:31 pm

Tidemist smiled as she lounged, looking around some more as she listened to Tern and Brooksong's chatter with half an ear. She could see a wolf elf with golden fur here and there talking to Snaketwist and she found herself observing the female curiously. She obviously took pride in being wolf blooded, and had a strong dose of it if she had fur! Though she wondered if that was something all the WolfFolk had, and if they simply had it magicked away by a healer.

She glanced and could see Kaimeta speaking with Stormcloud and smiled. Good, she was still managing fine, and hadn't yet required any rescueing on her part. She directed her attention back to Sunsong and Snaketwist, seeing them heading towards where the food was all set out. Curious despite herself about the furred elf, she dragged herself out of the sand. "I'm going to get some more food." She said to the others, excusing herself as she floated out of the group and then walked, following the two towards the food. She glanced over at the musicians playing and the frivolous elves who danced together to the music and smiled wide. She would have to have a few dances later when the sun started setting.
Tidemist
Tidemist
Chieftess

Back to top Go down

Post by Apogee Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:40 pm

Sunsong did a little excited bounce, "I would love that, I ... have never smelled such things - we don't really cook our food, I have heard you often do." She got an introspective look in her eyes, "the wolves sometimes bury a kill beneath the snow when it's cold, but... I only know that because my sire remembers the times when he and the tribe were in places where it snowed. I don't think a frozen rabbit carcass would be good for a party like this!"
Apogee
Apogee

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfCandy Fri Aug 08, 2014 4:45 pm

Tern closed his mouth in disappointment and lifted his head, “I suppose you can take them to the cooks, then,” he sighed, “As long as you’re sure they won’t taste any good raw.” He feigned a look of exaggerated despair and forlorn, then grinned impishly, “But you’ll have to make up for it by singing later.” With that, he dropped his act and continued braiding the strand.

He turned to Ridge, asking an honest question. “And would you still want your own, after minding so many others? Even after learning how troublesome it can be?” The sea-elf was, indeed, genuinely curious, but he was also asking for selfish reasons. If an elf who has every reason to be tired of pips still wants his own, Tern could expect having piplings (or cublings if he recognized a WolfFolk) would be a wonderful thing. I can learn from this elf, Tern thought, for he knew he wanted pips of his own, but he wasn’t sure if he would be a good father. If he listened closely to what Ridge had to say, he could file it away in his mind for future reference.

Tern cringed at the thought of being attacked by a number of angry bees, but found himself laughing at the unnamed elf’s expense anyway. “Someone like your golden tribemate should try it. Their stingers might not get passed her fur,” he mused thoughtfully.

At the she-elf’s next words, he glanced down at the bag with a lack of enthusiasm. “How many are in there,” he asked hesitantly, trying to see for himself. He hoped that he wasn’t offending the wolf-elf, as it was the last thing he wanted to do. But, if he was to be honest, he never found plants to be exciting, and he didn’t want to be taken away from the festivities for too long a time. Tern made a note in his mind that he would have to make it up to her if she didn’t end up showing him all of them.
WolfCandy
WolfCandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember Robinwood Fri Aug 08, 2014 6:52 pm

Ridge sat silently and thought for a moment. Did he ever want to have cubs of his own? He pondered this, biting the inside of his cheek as he thought. He'd never really given it much thought; he'd just assumed one day he'd have cubs of his own.

"I do," Ridge answered honestly, "but not for a long time. Even though I've minded a lot of cubs, I don't think I'm ready to have my own yet. I haven't even had a lovemate. Right now I'm satisfied with looking after others' cubs, but eventually I'd like to have cubs of my own. I enjoy looking after them, but I have no idea if I'd be a good father. Being a cub-minder is like being part parent, part playmate, and part adviser. You don't carry the full responsibility of a being a parent, but in some ways you get to know a cub better than their own parents do. If I ever have cubs, I want to attentive because I've seen too many mothers and fathers leave their cubs with me and hardly see them because they're too busy. They don't get to know their cubs as anything more than just that: their cubs." Ridge looked Ruefully over at where the cubs were resting after their game of hide-and-find with Kaimeta. He loved being a cub-minder, but sometimes he wished fiercely that he were the cubs' father rather than just the cub-minder.

Ridge nodded politely to Tidemist as she excused herself from the group and mused at Tern's melodramatic reaction to Brooksong's choice of taking the Starflowers to the cooks. The thought of cooked meat was foreign to his and made his stomach seize up against the idea, but he'd try it if just for politeness. He let out a low sigh and shook himself. He had to focus on what was before his rather than what he couldn't change.

"What about you, Tern, do you ever want to have cubs, er, pips?" He asked curiously. Tern seemed so upbeat and in the moment, the Now, that he could almost have been a WolfFolk. Ridge was sure he'd make a fine father one day, he'd just have to mellow out a little.
Ember Robinwood
Ember Robinwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Leanan Sat Aug 09, 2014 9:07 am

Snaketwist headed towards the food tables with Sunsong, completely unaware that they were being followed by the chieftess. As the furred elf spoke, he found it was his turn to learn more. He had lived all his life at High Cove, so he had never seen ice or snow. "I am not sure that I understand. What is snow? What does 'frozen' mean?" He asked her in a curious tone. From her words he gathered it was something to do with food. Could 'snow' be some kind of salt, perhaps? His idea of 'cold' was a chill wind from the ocean, as he had never experienced anything that could be called winter.
Leanan
Leanan

Back to top Go down

Post by Apogee Sat Aug 09, 2014 1:06 pm

The wolfish elf giggled, almost snorted. "I... I don't really know, myself, all I have is some sending-memories. It's... like sand, at least this color," she indicated the brilliant white line before the beach's surface turned that brilliant golden shade as it got wet. "But, I think it's very cold."

She closed her eyes and apparently contacted her sire. He wasn't among those here at this celebration, not that he was angry with anyone or didn't care for it, he was simply out tending to his own issues. But because Sunsong was a child of recognition, his own blood and spirit, she could reach him even at a distance.

The expression on her face was a bit comedic, "Oh! That's..." she involuntarily shuddered, "it's not at all like the rain storms or stepping into the water!"

She turned to Snaketwist, momentarily tilting her head and blinking with an innocent smile, "I can show you his memory, it's a very old one. There's no palm trees or sand anywhere, just rocks and wind and this cold white stuff everywhere." She lowered her voice a bit, as though her father would listen in, "it doesn't look like it was any fun at all."
Apogee
Apogee

Back to top Go down

Post by Tidemist Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:33 pm

Tidemist moved over, taking a bowl and filling it with this or that food, whatever appealled. She decided she was still quite hungry, and she was going to indulge in a bit of gluttony, today of all days! She listened with an ear though to Sunsong, intrigued. A land full of white cold sand? She turned her head, even as she dropped a few shells of raw oyster with the rest of her food, delicious to slurp down. "Will you send to me as well? I've never heard of such a thing...sounds like a dream. Does it get as cold as the winds during the Weaksun season?"

She shivered briefly to think of what passed for winter on the coast. Winds that bit with cold, and the sand that became cold as well to any bare foot. The water was often unpleasant to swim in at that time, and Tidemist had often bundled herself in furs from the WolfFolk, and tried to limit herself to sitting near warm fires, or in her cave safe from the biting winds.
Tidemist
Tidemist
Chieftess

Back to top Go down

Post by Apogee Sat Aug 09, 2014 4:29 pm

Slightly surprised, and still rather innocent of who she was being addressed by, Sunsong swallowed and closed her eyes, moving her mind into a broader sending.

The images and sensations were, of course, second-hand - filtered through not only her own slightly-furry feeling mind, but from millennia of time. Her sire, Spur, didn't often drift into the Now of wolf thought, thus he did remember enough of his past to be able to give this image to his daughter.

A wobbly, unsure vision of bleak hills, bitter wind - harder to breathe than a stiff water's edge breeze that was certain. Lungs that contracted and barely wanted to inhale that cold air. The crunching underfoot, the sound almost like breaking a crust of salt on sand?

Sunsong's mind didn't just relay these memories, she did add her own commentary: how the plumes of breath look like... bubbles? only misty! She didn't understand why breath would do that, it had never been cold enough in her lifetime, to produce that vapor.

Unconsciously as well, she sent a thanks to her sire for sharing this, even if he was not to be at the gathering, he could still be said to participate!
Apogee
Apogee

Back to top Go down

Post by Delhya Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:08 am

Brooksong smiled at Tern’s hesitation to eat the starflower raw and noted his slight curiosity of it contents of her bag and giggled. It brought to mind when of the cubs wanted to ask her if she found a certain flower they loved. Of course Tern probably was not familiar with said flower since he did not venture into the forest much if ever.

“I will take it to the cooks then, however,…” she said opening the bag so then could both see into it as he resumed his braiding if he chose to look. She rifled carefully through the contents, “I brought a lot of these back for the cublings and pips as they are very tasty and sweet. I have been told by mother they are similar to Beesweets without the hassle.” She pulled out five flowers for one to show and four for him of a pale pink fading into gold at its’ tips. “These are sweet suckles, you can eat everything except the green part of the stem and the yellow vines at it’s center.” She took one and grabbed the little stalks (yellow vines) from the center of the flower gently pulling them out while rolling the base of the flower. “You don’t eat this part” throwing aside the center antennae to the ground, and then putting the flower into her mouth she bit down just before the green part. “Then you let it sit in you mouth until it loses the sweetness or just eat it outright.”

Delhya
Delhya

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfCandy Sun Aug 10, 2014 1:13 am

Tern listened to Ridge’s words with uncharacteristic seriousness. The wolf-elf’s first statement worried him. Ridge was experienced with pips and he still didn’t think he was ready. How was Tern supposed to be ready if even a cub-minder wasn’t? He had had lovemates before, though, so maybe it was different. This idea of parents not being there for their pips was new to him; the only parent-pip relationship Tern was truly familiar with was Ara and Seastar’s, and Ara was a wonderful mother. Could parents really neglect their pips that way? Tern knew that he would never.

“How can you not be sure you will be a good father?” Tern asked, much surprised, “You will have the natural instinct of parental responsibilities, and you will have all those other things a cub-minder must have.”

Then, Tern nodded. “Yes. And while I’m not sure I’d be ready, I will accept them now or in a hundred years. One day the time will come, and I eagerly await it.” His normally sideways grin was now subtle and straight, so natural that Tern wasn’t even aware that he wore it as he spoke.

He watched curiously as Brooksong removed and discarded the centre of the flower and placed the rest in her mouth. “So they don’t all taste bad raw,” he said, as if it was a triumph. Momentarily stopping his braiding, Tern held out one hand, hoping for one of the strange flowers. “You’re sure it tastes good?” he asked, watching her facial expression as she chewed.

He peered into her bag again, more curious than hesitant this time. He had to admit that these different plants were more interesting than he originally thought. Maybe not interesting enough to memorize preparations and purposes, but enough to make him curious.
WolfCandy
WolfCandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaimeta Sun Aug 10, 2014 3:44 am

Kai grinned. "Oh yes there are many fine foods and drinks here." She said. "I'm not sure who makes the drink but I would be sure to ask Tidemist the SeaFolk Chieftess, about it." She said knowing her good friend was keeping an eye on her. The silver haired elf always had once she became leader of her people and the High One was glad to have her as a friend.

"Well I have little else to busy myself with, though I hear that are a few up and coming healers in your tribe that might come to me to instruction, however I will always find time on festival days to play with the young ones." Kai smiled again.

"Will you be dancing or taking part in the competitions this year?" Kai asked her new found friend. "I hope that some elf may ask me to dance. I do love it so, but usually most are to scared of me to ask. Though I never did know why, I try so to be friendly and open. Unlike some of my brethren." Kai giggled thinking about how other High Ones would react to her now.
Kaimeta
Kaimeta
High One

Back to top Go down

Post by Delhya Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:10 pm

Brooksong smiled at Tern handing him the four sweet suckles she had gotten out for him. “Ridge would you like any?” she asked raising an eyebrow in question. ‘It will be some moons before they bloom again after the moon goes dark for a night. She then stood up and stretched. “I would like to sing for the festival if I don’t get too nervous in front of some many elves.”

She reached down for her bag waiting to hear if Ridge wanted any sweet suckles. She glanced around looking for some young ones to give some to. Some older ones were playing down the beach in the shallows having a grand time it looked and other younger ones had already worn them selves out and were napping.

‘I will take the rest of these to the cooks first I guess,’ she thought as her stomach then also reminded her the she was hungry.
Delhya
Delhya

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember Robinwood Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:35 pm

"I don't know if I'll be ready or be a good father," Ridge said seriously to Tern, "because I don't actually know if I'm any good at being a cub-minder. I try and take care of the cubs as best as I can, but I don't actually know if I do a good job. Besides, I'd rather be established with a lifemate before I have cub... I guess it doesn't really matter though." His serious expression faded to slight smile at Tern's words. "You're right. Accepting your cubs and cherishing them is the best thing you can do for them whether you're ready for them or not."

Ridge looked up at Brooksong and took the offered Starflower. "Thank you," he said with a smile. "These really are good. I hope when they grow again there will be plenty to be harvested." He peeled off the petals and sucked on it with relish. "Your singing is wonderful, Brooksong, you've got no reason to be nervous," he assured her, smiling fondly as one might to their younger sister.

"Tern," he said suddenly, turning to the sea-elf. "What is it like to have a lovemate?" Ridge was genuinely curious. He'd never had a lovemate, but of course had seen his tribesmen with lovemates and lifemates. He didn't know what it would be like, though.
Ember Robinwood
Ember Robinwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next