High Cove Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Fire is Coming
by Ember Robinwood Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:37 am

» Wolf/Sea OOC Discussion
by Leanan Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:37 pm

» Nymirni's Beach
by Tidemist Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:36 am

» Staff On LOA
by Kaimeta Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:33 am

» [Art] Shinebright's drawings
by Ember Robinwood Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:20 pm

» Kaimeta's Beach and Hut
by Kaimeta Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:58 am

» Lace's Cave
by Shinebright Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:36 am

» chit chat
by Kaimeta Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:46 pm

» Members on LOA
by Tidemist Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:58 am

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 35 on Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:40 am
Affiliates

free forum

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

Nymirni's Beach

+3
WolfCandy
Leanan
Tidemist
7 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Nymirni's Beach Empty Nymirni's Beach

Post by Tidemist Mon Aug 11, 2014 11:48 am

All storylines with this setting will take place here.
Tidemist
Tidemist
Chieftess

Back to top Go down

Nymirni's Beach Empty Re: Nymirni's Beach

Post by Leanan Sun Feb 15, 2015 3:28 pm

Snaketwist woke early, despite the excitement of the previous day. The sun was shining and it looked to be a day of good weather. That was perfect for what he had planned for the day.

Since Snaketwist had lost most of his upper body's decorative pearl strands in the fight with the daggertooth on the previous day, he had decided that he would make some new ones. He didn't have to worry about going fishing to feed himself, as there was still plenty of the daggertooth flesh in preserver-wrapped bundles.

Snaketwist grabbed a woven basket containing white pearls, smaller than the ones he had worn previously. The pearls already had holes drilled through them - it was the kind of task he did when there was nothing else to pass the time with. He also took a spool of thin but strong thread, made of wrapstuff, and a needle to thread the pearls with. Last of all, he looked in a basket of miscellaneous decorations, and took out a dried red starfish. Perhaps it would be time to change his look... the starfish would look nice in the middle of his chest, he thought.

Snaketwist went outside, as this was the kind of task that required a lot of light. He found a place to sit on Nymirni's beach, and set to work, humming softly.

Time passed, his hands worked almost automatically, threading one tiny pearl at a time. It was nice to lose himself in work like this. The shine of the pearls in the sunlight made him happy.
Leanan
Leanan

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfCandy Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:13 pm

Tern made his, perhaps reluctant, way down the beach to the waters edge. It was far too early for him, and he would have much rather been warmly bundled up in his cave. But, he had things he needed to do and, for once, he wanted to get them done as soon as he could.

Faint circles hung beneath his tired eyes; he had barely slept. His bones and muscles were sore, his mind ached, and his heart was heavy. Too much had happened the night before, and too little rest had been granted in between.

As he made his way to the shore, he examined the unfinished spear in his hand. Today, he would finish it. First, however, he would go diving to find possible decorations or items he could trade with the WolfFolk to get feathers.

With his concentration so directed at the spear, Tern did not notice his tribemate until he was only a few feet away. "Good morning, cousin," he greeted the sea-elf, "Did you rest well? I see that I am not the only one with a mind for creation this morning." He eyed the string of pearls in Snaketwist's hands, wondering if what he was making would become more than a single string.
WolfCandy
WolfCandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Leanan Sun Feb 15, 2015 5:28 pm

"Good morning, Tern!", Snaketwist replied in a distracted tone, his mind still on his work. Then he remembered what had happened at the festival. One look at Tern told him everything he needed to know: that was not the face or mood of one who had fulfilled the call of Recognition. It was clear Tern was suffering, badly. Snaketwist's eyes widened in shock.

"Oh High Ones, my poor cousin, you look as if you haven't slept at all!" He breathed, then bit his lip. He should have chosen his words better, the High One was who was causing this problem! The High One was the reason his cousin looked worn and heartbroken! At first, when he'd heard of it, he'd had some sympathy for Kaimeta, too. But seeing Tern like this broke Snaketwist's heart, too.

His hands fell still, the task with the beads forgotten. Snaketwist hesitated, unsure of the right words to say. Should he bring up the Recognition, or try to put Tern's mind off it by discussing pearls and whatever Tern was going to create?
Leanan
Leanan

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfCandy Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:33 am

Tern flinched a little at his cousin's word choice, but he made no mention of it. "Your eyes do not deceive," he sighed, taking a seat on the sand beside Snaketwist. "All of yesterday's excitement left my sleep lacking. I hope that at least one of us slept well."

He wondered if Kaimeta had had as much trouble sleeping as he had. But how could she have? She had seemed almost unfazed by the recognition.

Blue eyes flicked away from the sand and to the string of pearls, "I'll sleep eventually, though. What are you working on?" Tern asked curiously, not wanting to bring another's mood down.
WolfCandy
WolfCandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Leanan Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:51 pm

"I did sleep restfully", Snaketwist admitted. He was somewhat relieved Tern didn't seem to wish to discuss the Recognition. Snaketwist had no idea what he should say to anyone in such a situation. Usually, a Recognition was something to celebrate - of course there were exceptions, but until now, they had been distant, part of old stories.

Snaketwist held up what he had made so far, which was simply one string of small pearls, about the length of his arm. "It doesn't look like much of anything yet, but it's going to be my new chest decoration. That daggertooth ruined my old one, and you know how I am, the more shiny things the better. You said you were going to craft something too?" He asked his cousin.
Leanan
Leanan

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfCandy Wed Feb 18, 2015 1:49 am

He smiled at his cousins words, a silent agreement to his statement. Snaketwist had always seemed drawn to shiny things. "Will it look the same as before?" Tern asked as he examined the string, "Or are you wanting to try something different?"

Then, he nodded. A pause. "Well, finish creating something," he stated as he lifted the unfinished spear, "I want to get this finished. I came down here to find some decorations, or at least some things I could trade with the WolfFolk for decorations."
WolfCandy
WolfCandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Leanan Wed Feb 18, 2015 7:47 am

"It will be different. I was thinking of putting this in the centre." Snaketwist moved both ends of the pearl string to one hand and picked up the red dried starfish in the other. "Time for a new style."

He then looked at Tern's spear. "Looks good so far. What kind of decoration did you have in mind? I might have something useful in my cave." Snaketwist had a habit of picking up pretty things, especially shiny ones, and saving them in case they'd be of use later. And he liked giving them away too, it made others happy, and he could share in their happiness.

Leanan
Leanan

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfCandy Thu Feb 19, 2015 1:50 am

Tern's eyes lit up, "Very new and fresh," he stated, "I like it! When do you think it will be finished?" He loved the idea and was eager to see how it would turn it out. Snaketwist's creativity and craft always left Tern in admiration. "Maybe a new look will catch some maidens' eyes," he winked.

Tern shrugged, "Nothing too fancy. I want to stay simple with this one. Some feathers maybe, but they would have to be water proof. I am not exactly sure." He gave the item in his hands a speculative look, wondering what exactly he would want to put on it. Perhaps his cousin would have an idea. Tern had always found he lacked the artistic creativity to create a truly wonderful weapon; perhaps his cousin's input would help him make the extra step.
WolfCandy
WolfCandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Leanan Thu Feb 19, 2015 3:45 pm

"I should be done this evening, unless something more urgent comes up." Snaketwist replied. As the festival had shown, things didn't always go as planned at High Cove. He blushed at the mention of maidens and looked at his hands, feeling embarrassed. He had indeed hoped that Tidemist would notice the difference, perhaps even comment on it.

"Well I have a lot of feathers. I suppose those from sea birds would be waterproof..." he paused, and thought about the feathers he had carefully stored in little bags, sorted by bird species. "I know! I have some feathers from a tern! Black and white, like your hair. I have to admit that I ate the bird and it was delicious." He smiled, hoping Tern would like the suggestion. A tern was a sea bird, so the feathers should suit the intended purpose.
Leanan
Leanan

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfCandy Sun Feb 22, 2015 4:12 am

He noticed the blush and playfully nudged his cousin, laughing merrily. "I am looking forward to seeing the finished product," Tern grinned, trying to imagine it in his mind, "You must show it to me the moment it is done."

At his cousin's suggestion, his face lit up. He quite liked the idea of having a spear decorated with tern feathers. There was just one problem. "Hmmm," he began thoughtfully, "That could work. What else do you have? This spear is not for myself, so perhaps you might have something more suited to the future owner." He rested his chin in one of his un-webbed hands as he thought.

He thought of his fight with Serpent Fang, hoping that the spear he was making could be one step to making amends. Would he have to tell Snaketwist about the fight? Tern, of course, had no problem telling such a thing to such a friend, but he wondered if Serpent Fang would prefer it to be kept a secret.
WolfCandy
WolfCandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Leanan Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:59 am

You will see it as soon as I am done", Snaketwist promised. He put down the starfish and continued threading pearls on the string.

"Not for you? Then who is it for?" He asked, curiously. Perhaps Tern would give it to Kaimeta? "I have many kinds of feathers. If you like, you can come to my cave and take a look, perhaps you will find some that suit the person it is for." He suggested. "A little walk right now would be good for me anyways, I've been sitting here a long time so my back feels a bit stiff."
Leanan
Leanan

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfCandy Sun Feb 22, 2015 6:58 pm

Tern was not particularly upset that his cousin had asked, in fact, he had expected the question. He would just try to explain things without saying anything he thought Serpent Fang would be terribly upset about. "Serpent Fang," he said, "He was trying to help me yesterday and I was short with him, so I wanted to offer a peace offering." He lowered his eyes guiltily as he thought of the words he had said.

As he spoke, the sea-elf was oblivious to the fact that he was not acting himself. He would never go out of his way to do something so kind for Serpent Fang. Things were beginning to get too out of balance.

"Thank you, cousin. I wouldn't mind a walk right now at all," Tern agreed. A familiar mischievous flash pulled one corner of his smile upwards as Snaketwist finished speaking. "If you were any other elf, I'd help rid you of the stiffness. But, you are not, so you will have to suffice with a walk." Out of balance or not, there were just somethings Tern could never help.
WolfCandy
WolfCandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Leanan Mon Feb 23, 2015 11:58 am

Snaketwist nodded his head. It surprised him a little that the gift was for Serpent Fang, but he knew Tern must have his reasons. Snaketwist found Serpent Fang a bit difficult a person to deal with. He did not pry further, he knew things between those two were no concern of his. Better not get involved.

He laughed at Tern's jesting. It relieved him to see this side of his cousin was unchanged. "All right, let's go." He said.

Snaketwist got up and packed his unfinished pearl project in a little leather bag, taking care to tie the string in a way that prevented the pearls from escaping the string. He stretched his shoulders, then headed towards the caves, knowing Tern would follow.
Leanan
Leanan

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfCandy Wed Feb 25, 2015 12:09 am

Tern took his time getting up, and took even longer to begin walking. He stretched his arms above his head and yawned. After giving the spear in his hand one more thoughtful look, he broke into a jog and caught up to Snaketwist.

"So," he began once he reached the elf's side, "Did you enjoy the festival last night?"
WolfCandy
WolfCandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Leanan Wed Feb 25, 2015 8:34 am

"I did. These festivals are a special time, a day free of worries." Snaketwist replied. "Although yesterday had worries aplenty. But the food was good and the company was excellent." His eyes looked off into the distance, as he remembered all his interactions with Tidemist the previous day.

"How about you?" He asked Tern in return.

They were getting close to the coves. He looked around but no one else was in sight. Everyone was probably either still sleeping or already out doing their daily work.
Leanan
Leanan

Back to top Go down

Post by Leanan Tue Mar 03, 2015 2:41 pm

Nymirni's Beach Sepera16
Leanan
Leanan

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinebright Thu Mar 05, 2015 10:09 am

Lace walked beside Serpent Fang silently, both were busy with their own thoughts.
'I wonder what we will do on our little journey. The nights would be filled, there was no question about that. Maybe S'vatar would teach me how to hunt for the landanimals.' Although hunting was something she didn't do much any more, the tribe took care of each other making sure everybody got what they needed, she was at a point in her life that she wanted to explore everything. Now she had to trade to get what she wanted if it had to be made for her, but mostly it was given freely. She was no exception, only when the Wolffolk needed something she wanted something for it in return, because she didn't know them as well as she wanted.
Now she wanted to learn how to tan the hide of a landanimal and she couldn't ask them to just give a hide to her and start practising, she wanted to lear how to skin the animal herself and tan the leather. The Wolffolk's tanner, Brownbark, had offered to show her how he did all of that.

When they reached the entranche of the cave Lace had to shield her eyes a bitt, because the sun was almost at his highest point. She gently touched Serpent Fang's hand before stepping outside on the steppingstones and climbed down.
The sand was warm and Lace was glad she had changed her clothes.
**S'vatar.... if you like I could join you to who you want to speak. If you need to do this alone, I hope you will join me later this day again.** She didn't want to ask him, but not only did her soul needed to see him, her body couldn't get enough of him either. It was strange, normally she wasn't like this, but if he would ask her to return to her cave she would in an instant.
She turned around and blushed. With a smile she touched her lips with her fingertips. She knew she had send him her feelings, her longing for more, but she couldn't help herself. And to her suprise, she didn't cared. She never wanted to hide her feelings for him. She also had send to him the choice of her help, ease his anger so he could speak without it...
She wasn't willing to let other know of their choice, but they all knew that they were lovemates from time to time.

She waited for Serpent Fang to make his choice.
Shinebright
Shinebright

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember Robinwood Thu Mar 19, 2015 2:11 pm

Serpent Fang stood with his arms crossed, looking across the beach at the forest. In the purest truth, he didn't know what to do. He had to talk to Tern, but he didn't want to, not at the moment. Brooksong wasn't like Tern, hotheaded and suffering a call that couldn't be answered.

He knew Lace was waiting for him to give his answer. His anger had cooled, but he knew it could rekindle at the slightest provocation.

**Mara,** he lock-sent, turning back to face her. **I need to do this alone, but I want you close.** Where I can send to you if I lose control again, he added to himself.

He shook his head irritably, his sending testy, **I don't know where Tern or Brooksong are.** Nor am I leaping to find them.
Ember Robinwood
Ember Robinwood

Location : East of the Misty Mountains, but West of Mirkwood, along the Old Ford and the Great River of Wilderland

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinebright Fri Mar 20, 2015 4:27 pm

Lace looked at him, saw the mixed feelings pass his face. She sighted unnoticable, she knew him well and with their newformed bond it seemed she knew him even better. He was still afraid, scared that he might lash out in anger, what could ease his heart and anger.

**The young Wolfrider would probably still be in her cave. No, her treehome, I think they call it den. I don't know if you want to go there, I know you never like going there. And I don't know where Tern might be, but he is either in his cave or, who knows, maybe he went to see Kaimeta....** She doubt it, knowing from what Serpent Fang told her.

"I am not sure where you need me, but if you decide to go to the Hometree and you need me close by, I could join you. I've been wanting to talk to Brownbark about tanning leather. But you know you can send to me from a great distance. I will be here for you, lovemate!" Lace was shocked a little. Did she just say that out loud? She never called him that, but it felt good calling him that. But did he think so too.....
"Euh, I need to go fishing too, for our trip, so it isn't a problem for me staying here. And I need to find some food, because I am feeling hungry...."

**I can't decide for you. But I will be where you need me the most.**
She would do almost everything for him, to make him happy, make him understand he will never be alone anymore.

Never!
Where ever he would be, he would always take her with him in his heart, as he now lived in hers.
Shinebright
Shinebright

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember Robinwood Tue Mar 24, 2015 4:40 pm

Serpent Fang felt a wave of gratitude towards Lace. She knew both when he needed her and when to keep her distance. He offered her a half smile, more of a smirk than anything. **Thank you, Mara.**

He looked back at the forest and scowled. He could send to Brooksong, but still he didn't want to have to. However, it was preferable to entering the forest.
Ember Robinwood
Ember Robinwood

Location : East of the Misty Mountains, but West of Mirkwood, along the Old Ford and the Great River of Wilderland

Back to top Go down

Post by Tidemist Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:53 am

Tidemist floated on the air out of the entrance to the cove home of the sea dwelling elves. She gave a brief yawn and waved at the two elves already standing there. She took a moment to dive through the ocean water like a bird and back up again before she came over to them, squeezing the water out of her hair. “Brr! Nothing like a little dip in the sea to keep you awake on this warm day. Gentle tides tribemates! And what are you up to this day?” She smiled warmly, using her watershaping powers to draw a little of the water out of her dress, bouncing the ball of water idly between her hands as she looked to them.
Tidemist
Tidemist
Chieftess

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember Robinwood Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:22 pm

*Fair tides, indeed,* Serpent Fang replied darkly. He didn't turn to look at Tidemist, instead he still faced the forest. He was delaying and he knew it. The scowl and his tense muscles would be a dead giveaway to anyone that he was already in a foul mood.

He threw his chieftess a scathing look. To think he would tell her what he was going to be doing! The very thought was laughable. He tensed, his anger building rapidly and without warning.

*Fish guts!* He exploded. He didn't about the backlash from his sending or who would feel it. He strode towards the forest, his expression mutinous. He was nothing short of wrathful at the moment.
Ember Robinwood
Ember Robinwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinebright Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:20 pm

**Why don't you stay before you make a desicion? The Wolffolk usually sleep till midday, so maybe she isn't awake yet!** She noticed Serpent Fang was hestitating to go, with or without her. **If you help me catch some fish, we could dry it and take it with us on or trip?**

Lace waved at Tidemist. How wonderfull it must be to be able to float! Tidemist often said it was like swimming onderwater, but still it had to be different... she smiled when she saw how easy it was for her to make a waterball. She didn't have any magic-abilities and could only dream how it could be, not that she missed it, but she would always wonder.
"Gentle Tidings to you too, Tidemist. How are you this morning?" Only when it was apropied she would call her Chieftess, she had done so with her mother and most of them did it like this.
"I was planning on catching some fish and......"

Serpent Fang exploded! Lace felt it a little, softening it with her white sending as he called it, it seemed his anger was at a peak again. She hoped it wasn't painful for Tidemist.

**S'vatar! Please stop!** She unintentionally sended her calmness with it. She caught up with him and made him turn. **I know! But you can't go to her like this! She is still young, she wouldn't understand! Come back and try to calm down, let me help you calm down!** Her sending was full of love and, more importantly, understanding.

Last edited by Shinebright on Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Shinebright
Shinebright

Back to top Go down

Post by Tidemist Fri Mar 27, 2015 1:54 pm

Tidemist looked utterly baffled at Serpent Fang's attitude. She glanced between him and the direction of the forest, wondering what was going on that had him unusually agitated. She flinched a bit at his sending and frowned even more, abandoning the ball of water to reach up a webbed hand and rub at her forehead a little, willing away the ringing pain between her ears as it began to ebb away. “What in the stars and tides is wrong with him?” She said, more to herself than Lace. And she watched with vague intrigue as Lace rushed to Serpent Fang, and seemed to be locked in sending with him. So the elder had himself a lovemate now?

You would think such a thing would sweeten his mood, she thought to herself and drifted away a bit, giving the two lovers privacy. She looked up towards the top of the cliffs that housed the coves, mentally debating on if she wanted to try hunting for birds eggs for a late lunch. The idea of scrambled spiced eggs and fried fish did sound rather tempting.
Tidemist
Tidemist
Chieftess

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next