High Cove Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Fire is Coming
by Ember Robinwood Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:37 am

» Wolf/Sea OOC Discussion
by Leanan Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:37 pm

» Nymirni's Beach
by Tidemist Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:36 am

» Staff On LOA
by Kaimeta Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:33 am

» [Art] Shinebright's drawings
by Ember Robinwood Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:20 pm

» Kaimeta's Beach and Hut
by Kaimeta Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:58 am

» Lace's Cave
by Shinebright Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:36 am

» chit chat
by Kaimeta Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:46 pm

» Members on LOA
by Tidemist Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:58 am

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 35 on Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:40 am
Affiliates

free forum

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

Nymirni's Beach

+3
WolfCandy
Leanan
Tidemist
7 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Nymirni's Beach - Page 3 Empty Re: Nymirni's Beach

Post by Shinebright Sat Apr 25, 2015 4:21 pm

Lace felt another presence, was it her beloved Reef? Was it S'vatar? No! Is wasn't, she knew it was a known presence, but it wasn't the one she wanted, the one she needed.
The unknown enviroment scared her, she couldn't trust her mind. Did it play a trick on her?

A terrible thought came to mind...... Was she dead? Was this how it was? She always thought her spirit would return to the Skyhome of the High Ones..... No she could not be dead!
But even the thought made her more scared, more unresponsive to the faint sending she felt.
*Who are you?*

---
*I have not persude this fight, nor did I start it! My kin is more important to me, my chief is more important to me then this!* Oakroot broke eyecontact, not showing throat, but he knew something was wrong with Lace.

*She is lost!* He sended to Brooksong and Serpant Fang. He walked toward Lace, but one look in Serpent Fang's eyes made him stop. It may not be his place to help, but he didn't care.
Only a few could stop him, his beloved kin and his chief!
Shinebright
Shinebright

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember Robinwood Sun Apr 26, 2015 12:03 am

Serpent Fang lunged away from Stormcloud, his throat slicing against the brightmetal knife. The blood running down his neck from the shallow cut meant nothing to him as he dropped down to his knees beside Lace. He gathered Lace up in his arms, cradling her as Brooksong healed her.

**Mara... Mara...** He lock-sent as gently as he could. His anger seemed to evaporate at the sight of her on the ground. **I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. Please, come back to us.**

Serpent Fang bowed his head. Though no tears came to his eyes, it felt as though he'd swallowed sand.
Ember Robinwood
Ember Robinwood

Location : East of the Misty Mountains, but West of Mirkwood, along the Old Ford and the Great River of Wilderland

Back to top Go down

Post by Leanan Sun Apr 26, 2015 2:04 pm

Stromcloud held fast. She did not trust the sea elf to fight fair. If it'd been another WolfFolk, she'd have let Oakroot handle it alone. But anything could be expected from one such as Serpent Fang. She knew some SeaFolk, like Tidemist, were nice, but she knew little of them and their ways, and had been raised not to trust them. They were not kin, they did not know the Way.

Then Lace collapsed. Stormcloud pulled back her knife, but too slowly, and it made a small cut on Serpent Fang's neck. She held the blade up against the sunlight. She found herself staring at it, lost in the moment. His blood was as red as that of any WolfFolk. Maybe Oakroot was right, they were the same, inside. 

She looked at Lace, then, and wondered what was going on. "Should I fetch the High One?" She asked, that being the only thing she could think of to do to help.
Leanan
Leanan

Back to top Go down

Post by Delhya Sun Apr 26, 2015 3:13 pm

Brooksong barley comprehended her fathers words she had been ignoring everyone and focusing on Lace Locksending an answer ** It's Brooksong, you fainted and were unresponsive. What happen we are all worried.**

She kept her hand on Laces brow as Serpentfang gathered Lace in his arms. She soothed any pain in Laces head much like she had her own though it took more that just a brief touch. "I don't know what is wrong  it would not hurt to have her come I can still feel Lace here... just distance** her sending held a cool and soothing feel to it.

Straystar watched as Serpentfang swiftly retreated to Lace's side scooping her and holding her.  He listened to Brooksongs words and turned his head back to Stormcloud staring at her knife. Locksending to her **We are not that different from each other. We just all have different views and things that are dear to us. Fetch Kaimeta quickly just in case, have her send to us once she is in range for an update.** As she moved to leave **And Stormcloud, I know you care deeply for your Uncle, however, I  never want to see you hold a weapon on your kin it threat again.** His sending was matter of fact and was apparent that it reflected the fact the there was no real danger to anyone to have needed weapons.  

He nodded briefly to Oakroot to let the elder know he had been heard. His look said they would talk later but held no anger or irritation. Straystar was well aware of Serpentfangs hatred for the Wolffolk and despite how many time Straystar had tried to befriend the surly hunter over the years it was to no avail.

He met Tidemist's eyes briefly  and lock sending **After we know Lace will be okay how do you want to deal with this?**
Delhya
Delhya

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaimeta Sun Apr 26, 2015 5:48 pm

Kai felt the ripples touch her mind. She poked her head over the roof of her hut in the direction of what she could only assume was someone in pain. So being the healer she is, she dropped everything and floated as fast as she could towards the group.

What she saw when she arrived at her sister's beach home was not what she expected.

**" What in the seven hells happened here?!"** she said and open sent to everyone. Her sending was commanding. She wasn't playing around. She saw Lace on the ground and her healer instincts took over. **"Move back!"** her sending/speaking still commanding. If they would not move on their own she would move them.

She floated over and landed next to the girl. **Lace.** She lock sent to the sea elf, soft and gentle. The High One's hands moved over the girl.As if she was coaxing a small animal from it's den, Kai used her magic to try and pull Lace back to them. She made a light so to speak for the girl. Not knowing what happened to cause her to enter this state this was the best she could do.
" What happened?" She asked in a tone that demanded an honest answer right then. At this moment she every bit the High One other expected of her and she wanted to know why happened to cause such gentle soul to be so harmed. "SOME ONE START TALKING NOW!" She shouted, her sendings to Lace still calm and gentle her tone never changing. ** Lace** She lock sent over and over. ** Come to me, Child.** She cooed like a mother soothing a hurt child, her sendings soft and light, full of warmth, the hope was to guild the girl from the darkness around her.
Kaimeta
Kaimeta
High One

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinebright Sun Apr 26, 2015 6:34 pm

Lace felt some one was sending to her, but she could not hear the words. It was a familiar sending, but she couldn't respond to it.
The sending faded, being replaced by another! **Reef? Reef! Is it you? I can feel you, my love, but I don't know where I am!** She wanted to hold him more then anything!
**S'vatar, are you still here?**

Then she saw a distant light! A powerfull sending reached her, pulling her toward the light, she knew who that was. **High One! You are here too! What is this place? I..I....... am I dead?**
Even in spiritform Lace's sending was powerfull. She floated a little toward the light again. **Is Serpent Fang still with you? ....Tell him I am sorry!**
She stopped, she wanted to go back, but there was something about this place that made her hestitate.
Shinebright
Shinebright

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember Robinwood Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:35 am

**I'm here, Mara, I'm here,** Serpent Fang lock-sent. His desperation and deep-seated fear gripped his heart and all he could do was cradle her in his arms, holding her close. He didn't move when Straystar arrived nor did he acknowledge anything until the High One dropped down beside Lace and began demanding answers.

He couldn't raise his face to look at her, but he spoke in his raw voice that was like shattered glass, "It's my fault. I... lost control."

**We're on the beach, my love,** Serpent Fang lock-sent, barely able to hold back the burning in his eyes or the constriction of his throat. **We're on the beach and... and, yes, I'm here... We're all here.**

Finally, he raised his face to look at the High One, the one he respected and revered above all others. For perhaps the first time in centuries, tears threatened.

All he could do was whisper is his raw voice, "Please, High One, help her...!"

---

Ridge stood motionless beside his uncle, his gaze locked on the scene unfolding before his eyes. It had been so sudden, so unexpected.

**Uncle?** He reached out questioningly, lock-sending to Oakroot.
Ember Robinwood
Ember Robinwood

Location : East of the Misty Mountains, but West of Mirkwood, along the Old Ford and the Great River of Wilderland

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaimeta Mon Apr 27, 2015 3:15 am

Kai's semi anger melted away at the look in the other elf's eyes. "I'll do all I can, I give you my word." She said. ** Lace my dear, you're not dead not yet.** She paused and let the sendings of others do their best to reach Lace. ** This is a place between. Were the living and dead might mingle but it's dangerous here. Please, Serpent Fang is here. Come back to us.** The High One sent. To either help herself or to amplify the sending of Serpent's Kai didn't know but she placed her hand on his.

** Be honest with her.** She lock sent to the other. She knew that there had to be something more to this than they were telling her, but that mattered little, there was something more that Lace needed and it wasn't to hear Kai try and talk her back. **Give her a reason to come back to you** she sent to the nearly crying other. ** Don't hold back your emotions. **

Kai did her best to show Lace the scene on the beach and what was unfolding around her. How Serpent Fang was becoming less of himself just but the thought of losing her, how others stood around unable to do anything for not knowing what was really happening. ** Come back to us.** She cooed in her sendings gently. ** This is no place for one as bright as you.** Kai smiled, and the light she'd made to guide Lace brighten. **You are so loved, Lace. Can you leave that behind?** She knew how tempting it must be, to just drift off, but Kai gave her word. ** If not for yourself, then for those that love you.** Kai's sending focused on Serpent Fang and the pain he was in. ** Lace, he spoke, asking me to save you. He never speaks.** The High One hoped that just in that knowing that Serpent Fang had actually asked for help, help for her, would show the love Kai could feel for the elfess in him.

** Come back to us.** She smiled in her sending trying to hide her own emotions that she was sure the other could read if she only dug a little deeper. Her own fear at her recognition with Tern, how she was starting to let go of Zareth and their son, all the pain and sorrow that treated to crash down around her at any moment. **Come back to us.**
Kaimeta
Kaimeta
High One

Back to top Go down

Post by Leanan Mon Apr 27, 2015 6:21 am

**I'm sorry, my chief** Stormcloud lock-sent back to Straystar. She began to run away, to get Kaimeta, but it turned out not to be necessary as Kaimeta arrived on her own. Stormcloud returned to the others. She was relieved to see the High One. Surely, if anyone could help, it would be Kaimeta!

With the others, she watched Kaimeta's actions. She did not know Lace - had not even known her name until it was spoken moments ago. But to see any elf in a state like that was frightening. Could it happen to anyone? Could it happen to her?

When Kaimeta asked what had happened, Stormcloud replied, in open sending: **I did not see it all. But I saw him attack Oakroot.** She pointed towards Serpent Fang with the knife she was still holding in her hand.

She realized the knife was no longer needed, so she cleaned it on a bit of leather she kept in her pocket for that purpose, and slid it back into its sheath.
Leanan
Leanan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember Robinwood Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:24 pm

Serpent Fang tried to ignore Stormcloud, tried to ignore how she pointed the blade at him while open-sending, tried to ignore the anger that rose like bile in his throat. The worst part was that it was the truth.

However, Lace was more important, far more important. He couldn't leave her like this! And finally, the tears fell. They were hot and salty, burning down his face. Hardest of all to to allow himself to feel the pain and the grief. He could lose her, not after he'd lost Crescent and Torrent, not after losing his son Shoal.

**Mara, I need you,** Serpent Fang lock-sent his grief burning with every word. **I can't live without you! Please, come back!**
Ember Robinwood
Ember Robinwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Tidemist Thu Apr 30, 2015 11:27 am

Tidemist had tried shoving the two men apart, only to be shoved to the side like a strand of seaweed brushed aside by the waves. She landed on the sand hard, letting out a small grunt as she felt the breath briefly knocked out of her. She inhaled sharply and took a few heartbeats to get her lungs properly full of air again before she pushed herself quickly onto her feet.

The side of her face was covered with sand, and so was her hair. But she glowered at the two men. Then Straystar appeared and gave her a nod, which she returned, though she felt a little uneasy when she saw how much easier he had been able to diffuse the fight. Why hadn't she been able to do anything? Was it because she was still too new as a chief?

She didn't have time to mull over these unhappy thoughts when Lace's condition was pointed out. Tidemist's eyes widened and she dashed to her tribemates side, crouching next to Brooksong. “Lace! Lace, wake up!” She called gently. She watched worriedly as Serpent fang rushed over, though she scowled at him. Now he decided to abandon his anger?! But then Straystar's sending reached her. Without removing her eyes from Lace, she locksent back.

*I cannot say what should be done for Oakroot as he is one of your tribe, and behaved only a little better than Serpent Fang. But as for my tribemate, I will see to it that he is punished for starting such a fight, and disobeying his chieftess. I am sorry this happened, Straystar. I tried to stop it...* towards the end of her sending, despite her best efforts, her frustration and self doubt at being unable to do anything crept into the telepathic message. After all, there was no lying in sending, right?

Then Kai was there, and she cringed a little at the tone in her sending, finally lifting her eyes to look up at the High One. Without hesitation, Tidemist moved away from Lace and watched a little sadly as the firstcomer began tending to the fallen elf. At Kai's insistance that she be told what happened, Tidemist sent to her the memory of everything that had happened, from her first meeting with Serpent Fang and Lace and her noticing his sour mood, to Oakroots appearance, the fight, and the subsequent events. A few heartbeats and the High One would know all, the simple truth.
Tidemist
Tidemist
Chieftess

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinebright Wed May 13, 2015 4:33 pm

*I am in a place between? How can this be? Is it what my grandmother called 'going out?' She loved doing it, because she felt no pain....* Lace remembered that her grandmother went out of her body manyntimes, untill she didn't returned at all and her body died. *But she could do this at will, I don't know how I did this or why this happend.* She started to feel scared again... what if she couldn't return?
She felt a warm sending when Kaimeta showed her what was happening. She was in the armes of her beloved Serpent Fang. *He asked you?* The bond they now shared was as if they were Recognized. Lace wanted nothing else then to look in her mate's eyes again and feel his arms around her!

**S'vatar? Is that you? Have you come to take me back?** She lock-sended, because she knew Kaimeta was here too, although she could easily find their soulnames by sending....
*My sweet Lovemate!* In this strange form she reached to his mind, asking him to share this with her!

*Come, take my hand and bring me back to you!*

------
Oakroot watched the pair. He felt bad for letting this happen, because he knew that he too was responsible for what happend to Lace.
He looked at Straystar, sorrow was in his eyes and he knew his chief wasn't done with him, but he would be fair and listen to what had happend. Then he looked at his kin... Ridge had never seen him fight like this, not to another elf, it was no excuse that he didn't start the fight, there was no excuse that he had seen this... And his niece, so much like him, so much like his brother! Ready to defend him without thinking. He smiled at her and sended to them both.
*I am sorry for this! Thank you for trying to stop me! *
Shinebright
Shinebright

Back to top Go down

Post by Delhya Thu May 21, 2015 1:41 pm

Straystar closed his eyes a moment and pushed down his ire of the events he'd come upon. Kai was here now so Lace was in good hands and should be okay. The Highone had her normal calm demeanor once she started focusing on Lace, but he had a feeling she was just as irritated as he and Tide were over all this.  He caught Oakroots sorrowful gaze but his own held a stern gaze of a Chief. He would speak with  Stormcloud later as well to be sure this would not happen again. He glanced at Ridge as who seemed to have been against the whole fight to start, at least one of his tribe had had the sight that this was a foolish run of emotions and pride.

He walked over to Tidemist locksending **If Serpent fang had not come to realized something was wrong with Lace it would have come to blows I think. So don’t worry you could not stop them. We wolffolk hold to pack laws over our own desires… in most cases. If the desire is stronger than what the Chief says there is a challenge. The seafolk are not bound by that instinct and have more freedom to be moody** he joked trying to make a little more light of the situation, but his sending held that this really was no laughing matter. He sighed as he watched Serpentfang hold Lace as Kai’s magic did it’s work he guessed. Brooksong sat just out of the way to Kai’s side watching with a less worried expression on her face now that the Highone was here.
Delhya
Delhya

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaimeta Fri May 22, 2015 3:18 am

Kai relaxed a little. She answered that was good. *So to speak yes, this is like going out, however this time it was more your inner self running from something.* Kai sent to Lace. She did her best to keep her irritation about the whole thing to herself. * You're strong come home.* She said sending an image of the beach and the elves gathered around. *Too many care for you.* She smiled and sat back. Aside from give Lace a light to follow Kai couldn't do much. It was in the end Serpent Fang that needed to give her a reason to come back to the living. Kai only hoped he could.

*Give her a reason to come back.* She lock sent strongly to Serpent Fang. *She needs you now not me*
Kaimeta
Kaimeta
High One

Back to top Go down

Post by Leanan Fri May 22, 2015 2:56 pm

Stormcloud just watched, her big grey eyes even wider than usual. Strange things were happening here. But she was sure it would turn out all right in the end. The chiefs of both tribes and the High One were all here, and she was certain they were wise enough to help the seafolk maiden called Lace.

It seemed to her that Lace and Serpent Fang were close to each other. But the private bondings of the other tribe were not important to her. She turned towards Oakroot and lock-sent to him: **What happened here, before I arrived with Brooksong? How did your argument with the black-haired one start?**
Leanan
Leanan

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfCandy Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:34 pm

"That is certainly a crowd," Tern stated as he squinted his eyes at the group of figures in the distance, "I wonder what they are doing," he mused.

As they got closer, the elf began to feel inexplicably uncomfortable. Something was crawling beneath his skin, and with every step the sensation heightened. Unable to ignore it, he became increasingly more tense. He wondered what it was, but decided not to mention it.

He saw her hair first. The bright, fiery flash of the High One's braid. He stopped. I guess we won't be finding peace after all, Tern thought to himself. Looking around at the others, he took in the scene. His heart simultaneously leapt and sunk at the sight of the Wolf Elf, Ridge, and his stomach dropped when he noticed Serpent Fang.

Still far enough away that they hadn't been noticed, Tern contemplated turning around and fleeing from the three elves. However, when he looked at the entire scene, it was clear that now may not be a time for selfish decisions. With the way the elves on the beach were crowded around Kaimeta, Serpent Fang, and the not quite visible elf in his arms, something might be wrong.

He looked over his shoulder for Snaketwist. "Should we go to help he asked? It may not be serious, and we might be more of a hindrance."
WolfCandy
WolfCandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaimeta Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:53 pm

Kai felt the buzz across her skin and knew that Tern was close. Her heart beat fast like a school girls at the thought, but she forced it to steady, Lace needed her now.

Part of Kai's mind wandered. She wondered what if anything she should say to him. Should she reach out first? Should she just be a healer now and not worry about her own recognized? Yes that. That is what Lace needed a Healer not a distracted High One.

*Tern..* She sent without meaning to, in lock to Tern. It was light and longing. Her sending spoke of her feeling of weakness without him near, how she wanted nothing more than to reach out and call he to her side, to help her give her the strength to guide Lace back. The sending hinted at her soul shattering loneliness and how she, in her heart of hearts, wanted that to be broken.

To Lace, did her best to keep this from, the problems of the High One where the problems of the High One, that Lace needed none of right now. *Come on Lace.* the sent light grew stronger. *Come back to us, you are not meant to be lost.* she smiled and the sending was warm again. *Come home child.* Kai urged the young elf, with all her will she wished that Lace would return quickly, not just because she wanted to see Lace returned to her body again, standing healthy and alive, but because she also wanted to see Tern, and try to fix whatever mess had happened last night.
Kaimeta
Kaimeta
High One

Back to top Go down

Post by Leanan Sat Jun 06, 2015 6:54 am

"What help could we give?" Snaketwist asked Tern in return, in a soft voice. There was no enemy he could see - although he did look toward the Wolf-folk elves a bit suspiciously, wondering if whatever was going on was their fault somehow. "It looks to me this is a task for the healer." And since Kaimeta was already helping Lace, there seemed to be nothing to be done but watch and wait, like most of the elves there were already doing.

He had for a moment forgotten the new Recognition, but seeing Tern and Kaimeta's reactions to each other, he was reminded of it. He hoped they would come to some agreement to ease both of their hearts.
Leanan
Leanan

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinebright Sat Jun 06, 2015 1:40 pm

Oakroot went with one hand through his hair and pulled a little at his hair...
"I don't know exactly!" He decided no to send, but to speak so all could hear him. "I came to the beach looking for one of the rockshapers or coralshapers, but I started talking to Lace and Chief Tidemist about swimming in the ocean. I recall discussing about drying fish and asking them showing it to me how it is done......"
He remembered the painsending, telling him to back off.
"Serpent Fang clearely didn't want me to be here, but.... I just didn't understand. Maybe I should have backed down, but I felt welcome by the two maidens, so I stayed.. perhaps I should have left and seek for the Rockshaper later this day. He told me to stay away ... stay away from his people, his holt." He didn't say Serpent Fang told him to stay away from Lace, because that was unheard of in his tribe, no one "owned" another. "Next thing I know is that he sended to me with pain, I tried to controle myself and the pain faded rather quickly, but he kept on doing this 'painsending' and...." he turned to his chief. His eyes were sad, his fists clinched tightly. He closed his eyes and  breathed in and out a couple of times.
"I didn't want this fight, I tried to ignore the pain he gave me and the insults to me and our tribe, but at one point I could not any more... not after he lashed out at me. Then I fought back and I am ashamed to say it, in a breef moment I enjoyed it." He wanted to be honest, tell them everything.
"I came to realize we are not that different, the Seafolk aren't the better folk..., they are like us and I respect them, even him!" And he nodded towards Serpent Fang. "When I looked at Ridge and Stormcloud I stopped... I wouldn't fight again! Then I noticed something was wrong with Lace., I saw her laying on the sand behind Serpent Feng.... I am to blame too, to what happend to her, I will never forgive myself if something bad happens to her!"
Oakroot stopped, he had told his truth and he would face his punishment knowing his chief would be fair....
----
**I am fine, dear Kaimeta! But I need to show Serpent Fang something and I feel I can do it here. Can't you feel the peace here? It seems all questions are answered here. If he can join me, he will truelly know my inner-elf. He is part of me, he and I share one soul now. I can't explain, but I think I don't have to!**

Lace locksended to Serpent Fang. **S'vatar, you are friend of my body and soul, you know me, come share this with me!**
Shinebright
Shinebright

Back to top Go down

Post by Leanan Sat Jun 06, 2015 2:31 pm

Stormcloud listened attentively as Oakroot explained what had happened. She bit her lip for a moment, thinking hard. This wasn't the first time members of different tribes had started an argument like this. It would start with some little insult, or even from a simple innocent misunderstanding. Yesterday, too, at the feast, tempers had flared between the worst hot-heads.

Stormcloud turned to look toward Serpent Fang. She neither said nor sent anything, but her eyes were filled with loathing towards this elf. To use a magic power to hurt another elf! That struck her as wrong somehow. Fists or weapons were fairer, anyone could use them - at least, most of her tribemates could. But it would be just typical of the strange Sea-folk not to know what amounted to a fair fight!

As her uncle spoke on, she sighed, and tried to let go of her anger. It was true, no one was better than anyone else. And there were nice Seafolk too, like Tidemist. And anyways it didn't matter about the fight. Something much more frightening and unusual was happening with the elfess called Lace. Stormcloud would have prayed to the High Ones for assistance, but a High One was already here. If she could not solve this, no one could.
Leanan
Leanan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember Robinwood Sat Jun 06, 2015 10:25 pm

Something cold seemed to be creeping under Serpent Fang's skin as he held Lace in his arms. He was both "here" and "there," his senses consumed by the blackness that lay around him in all directions, but he could feel the sand beneath his body.

This was peace to Lace? An emptiness was stealing through Serpent Fang, strangling him. Was this what it was no not exist, to die? A terror such as none he'd ever felt in the world of sight, sound, touch, and smell crashed over him like a tidal wave.

He couldn't withstand the nothingness. He could "sense" Lace, but he couldn't see her or feel her beside him. She wanted to share this with him? This emptiness, this living death?!

Serpent Fang jerked back, both physically and otherwise.

**No, Mara, I won't!** His lock-sending was panicked, frenzied, and all too violent. He ripped him mind away, cutting himself off from this horrid lack of feeling. This wasn't peace, this was death!

*No!* Serpent Fang openly sent with all the terror and anger he felt. He reeled back, staggering to his feet. Blindly, in a terror he couldn't explain, he staggered toward the water; anywhere away from Lace!

Ember Robinwood
Ember Robinwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaimeta Sat Jun 06, 2015 11:32 pm

Kai caught Lace as Serpent Fang jerked away. *What in the world?* She open sent and watched as he staggered to the water. What had he seen or not seen that caused that? The High One brushed Lace's hair from her face. *Lace this place is not peace, this is death. If you stay you will die.* The red head sent to the young elfess. *Come back to us, to your body and to your life.* Kai started to feel that if Lace didn't return soon, she would die. She was loosing the young elf, and now her lover had run from her. *Lace please.* Kai pleaded through sending again. She wasn't done fighting but Lace was slipping from her.

If Lace's soul refused to return to her physical body, it would take time for the body to stop working, the life that kept it going would be gone. She looked up, tears forming in her eyes, toward where she could feel Tern standing, as if seeking him out. Serpent Fang's sudden departure tore through her. How could he leave his lover? Hadn't this been his doing anyway? She was angry, though sadness touched her heart too. She was angry that Serpent Fang would not be making the consequences of his actions current, and sad that Lace just lost her lover and most likely her reason to keep going. She spoke of how they shared a soul now, of the answers to all questions, wanting to show him her inner-elf.

*Lace you have to return now or you will die. Serpent Fang has run from you leaving you with me on the beach.* her sending wasn't a gentle as the ones before. She felt that now wasn't the time for the gentle mothering High One. Now was a time for the hurtful truth. *His Black Sending did this to you, knocked you out of your very being into the nothingness around you now.* She paused for a moment letting sending seep in. *I have done all I can to guide you home, but to depend on Serpent Fang to guide you or to show him something of yourself is foolish* Kai knew that would hurt. *Lace please, come back to us now.* She sent an image of the beach around Lace's physical form. *If you don't come back now you will die.*

Still looking up, her eyes found Tern, and tears fell. "I have done all I can." She spoke to the elves gathered. "It's up to Lace now." Tears where in her voice as she spoke. She really hated loosing any elf if she could help it.
Kaimeta
Kaimeta
High One

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinebright Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:19 am

'He didn't understand, he could not feel what she did. Her soul filled this place, if only he tried, if only he had touched her...'

Tears formed in her eyes when she returned to her body, she knew now that this place wasn't death or life, but it was something else! She had felt peace and something else! In the end the darkness faded and to her suprise she saw some of her tribe and some of the Wolffolk gathered around her body, held by Kaimeta. In the distance she saw Serpent Fang swim away. 'Would he be lost to her? No! They shared one soul and he would return! ......one day.....' She knew she was determend to find out what this place was, but first she had to return.

**No dear High One, I don't know what this place is, but it isn't death and it isn't life. It is... I can travel far and return here. I have seen.... the world! It is my lightsending that allowed me to see it, Serpent Fang can't see it because his heart is filled with too much pain! One day he will know, but he has to choose if he is willing to let the pain go! In one breef moment I felt his soul and I now know him more the he knows......**
Lace opened her eyes and looked into the Hig One's, while tears rolled down her face. She raised her hand and tought Kaimeta's face. "I know the High Ones made the choice to live in their bodies, instead of out of it, and I know why! It is the trail of pain and love that makes us life, makes us grow!" She whispered.

Lace looked around and met Oakroot eyes. **You! I know what you are now! The choice your 'firstmother' made was to let her children be truelly part of this world. I envy you for it!** She smiled, her Wolfkin had much to teach her and maybe one day she will learn it.

----
Oakroot noticed a change in Lace. "Lace is returning to us!"
'How did he know? He knew when she had fallen down and now he knew she was returning to them. I also know she is fine, more then fibe even!'
Her next words rang in his head, 'She envied us? And how did she know of their origin?' More questions filled his head, but that was for later. He smiled back to her. "Thank you!" He knew the others didn't know why he thanked her, but he didn't care. He felt so many emotions he had to spreak instead of send because he would overwelm her with them.
---
"I am thirsty!" And slowly she stood up. She felt stronger then before, mentally that was.
**S'vatar! I am here when you need me, if you ever need me. I will always be here for you!** She felt her sending was stronger and would reach further then before. She hoped it reached Serpent Fang and he would know he was still her friend of body and soul!
Shinebright
Shinebright

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaimeta Sun Jun 07, 2015 4:33 pm

Kai felt the touch of the young elf. She smiled sadly down at the elfess as she spoke of understanding why Kai and her bothers and sisters had made the choice of living in the physical instead of out She was right it was all the little things, love and pain that made life worth living. Kai only nodded.

The High One let go of Lace as she stood, standing slowly herself. She knew that Lace would be fine, and in some way she would find a way to reach her lover. With that being resolved for the moment, Kai walked away from the gathered elves back towards her hut. She still had work to do, and she suddenly felt out of place. She was so much older than anyone around, she was an elf out of time.

She passed Tern, and fought the need and urge to touch him. By the suns how she wanted his touch now. There was something in the events that just happened, in the way that Serpent Fang had left Lace, that made Kai want Tern even more. She sighed and made her way back to her hut.
Kaimeta
Kaimeta
High One

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember Robinwood Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:52 pm

Serpent Fang felt Lace's sending, he "heard" her words as he swam away, but he knew this would be his last journey. There was no way he could, or would, go back now. He would take nothing with him.

All his caution, all he had done to protect his tribe didn't matter anymore. They would be fine without him, they had no need for him. He was too deeply imbedded in the "old ways," and they couldn't have that. The tribes had to move forwards.

With reckless abandon, Serpent Fang swam. He would go north, as he had once before, on his second longest journey. He knew where he would go: to a place no one else knew of.

"Why are you so afraid? What are you so afraid of?" Torrent's harsh words echoed in him mind, the words that had sent him on his second to last journey. "S'vatar, you know you don't have to go? Your choice was...poor, but you're still part of this tribe," Crescent's calm, consoling words from hundreds of years past. And, finally, the voice of Raza, so different, so strange to him, "You fear what you can't control. You can be either a blessing or a curse to your tribe. Choose wisely, young snake, you can uplift and protect them, or utterly destroy them."

I've chosen, Serpent Fang thought savagely as he swam. They're safest without me. You were right and I've made my choice.

Serpent Fang would swim until his muscles could hardly move, and by then he was farther from his tribe than anyone could have guessed. He'd made his choice.

--

Ridge stood silently as the scene unfolded before him. He felt sympathy for Lace, abandoned by the one she loved, but also he felt a deep pity for Serpent Fang. His own gaze fell from the High One and Lace and turned to Tern. He felt foolish for the night before, but he felt the tug he knew he shouldn't.

He could understand Serpent Fang's desire to run, but to abandon your tribe entirely.... Ridge shook his head and hugged himself. Perhaps it would be best if he returned to his tanning and his cubs and left the world of love for others.

Swirling wasn't coming...

He turned to face Oakroot, they were going to go hunting after all, but as he did so, he lock-sent to Tern, **Tern.**

He didn't know what he wanted to say, if anything at all. But still...

Ember Robinwood
Ember Robinwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next