High Cove Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Fire is Coming
by Ember Robinwood Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:37 am

» Wolf/Sea OOC Discussion
by Leanan Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:37 pm

» Nymirni's Beach
by Tidemist Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:36 am

» Staff On LOA
by Kaimeta Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:33 am

» [Art] Shinebright's drawings
by Ember Robinwood Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:20 pm

» Kaimeta's Beach and Hut
by Kaimeta Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:58 am

» Lace's Cave
by Shinebright Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:36 am

» chit chat
by Kaimeta Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:46 pm

» Members on LOA
by Tidemist Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:58 am

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 35 on Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:40 am
Affiliates

free forum

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

Nymirni's Beach

+3
WolfCandy
Leanan
Tidemist
7 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Nymirni's Beach - Page 2 Empty Re: Nymirni's Beach

Post by Shinebright Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:04 pm

Oakroot stepped out of the forest on to the beach. He welcomed the sun for the warmth on his face, but placed his hands above his eyes because it's light in his eyes.
'Where was the Cove of the Seafolk?' He asked himself. If memory served him well it had to be close. He walked down the beach, near the waterline, this time he pulled of his boots just in time before they got wet again.
A prickle reach his mind. 'Whow, what powerfull sending! Not a happy one, I can feel that!' He walked toward where the feeling had come from and saw a man and a woman standing close to each other. He wondered if they saw him, but it seemed they were not really aware of him, so he waved at the Chieftess of the Seafolk and walked towards her.

"Greetings and a fine day to you, Chieftess Tidemist! How are you today?" He had come to find Snaketwist, he had hearded he was the one who had some nice trinkets to put on his new spear, he hoped he was willing to trade with him. And he had been wanting to spend more time with the Seafolk, to get to know them better.
He knew a few, the Chieftess ofcourse. And of the ones he had just passed, he knew only the woman. She had been visiting the Holt a few times, but only short and only to speak to Brownbark. It always seemed she was afraid to be around them. The man was unknown to him, but he looked like a hunter, judging on the bodylanguage, he might be the one who had been sending that powerfull.

He turned back to Tidemist.
"The festival went better then hoped, didn't it? I even heared some of my tribesmen speaking of swimming with your people in the ocean? I overheard Kaimeta with Brooksong and my niece Stormcloud today about that. My niece even told me she would get a fishtail! I am not sure when they will come and ask, but who knew the festival would lead to some of my kin turning into Seafolk!" He smiled when he said it. It would be a shock if some one would choose to change tribes, but sometimes change was good and it could lead to a better bond between both tribes.

-----
Lace saw the Wolffolkman entering the beach. It was strange to see him out here. Not something you saw every day. But it did strengthen her idea of changing her life.
Doing the same thing every day, for the rest of your life, wasn't right. Lace had noticed she had been stuck in her own ways and ideas. She wanted to change that. It had been one of the reasons she wanted to go with Serpent Fang on their journey.

Serpent Fang hadn't answered her yet. **Maybe they are coming today, maybe tomorrow. If you need to see her, then you must go, but I think you have to wait a little before you decide, calm yourself a little. I am going to fish first. It usually clears my mind and helps me think.**
She looked him in his eyes and whispered. "As I said, I can't decide for you, but I will stand by you!"
She hated herself for letting him stand by himself, but she could only help him if he really wanted it and the decision had to be his own. And she wondered if there was more to it..

"Gentle Tidings! I don't believe I know your name, although I  think I have seen you in your Holt when I visited Brownbark." She greeted the visitor and looked at him.
It was strange to see hair on a man's chest and chin, but she knew that it was more common under men of the Wolffolk. She didn't know if she liked it or not. But it was intriging to see it.
Shinebright
Shinebright

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember Robinwood Wed Apr 01, 2015 12:51 pm

Serpent Fang drew away from Lace. He didn't want her gentle words or her soothing sending at the moment, he didn't want to feel her love and understanding. What she didn't understand was that it made him feel crippled, like he couldn't take care of himself.

He turned to looked at her. She was right, of course, that he couldn't be storming like this when he went to face Brooksong. He let out a low sigh, trying to steady his anger. He had to act responsibly and reasonably.

It was the appearance of the WolfFolk, Oakroot, that made him close off everything. He would allow himself to become mask-like to hide his anger.
Ember Robinwood
Ember Robinwood

Location : East of the Misty Mountains, but West of Mirkwood, along the Old Ford and the Great River of Wilderland

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinebright Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:37 pm

Lace, unable to hide how she felt right now, she closed her eyes and straighten her back a little. She had hoped, because of the bond they now shared, she knew him better, that he knew her better! That somehow she knew exactly what to say.... but judging from his expression.....
---
Oakroot wondered what was going on, but it wasn't his way to be that curious, besides he didn't know her. "I am Oakroot, I am Howlkeeper to my tribe. Yes, I have seen you around the holt. It is nice to finally meet you!" His eyes twinkled, he always appriciated beauty and this woman with her green eyes was something to look at!
---
Lace couldn't help but blush. She liked him already! "I am Lace, I am the Seafolk's Tailor. What brings you to our Cove? And I hear more of your tribe will be visiting us?" Now she had another reason to go fishing, maybe even go for a swim herself.
---
I was hoping to find some one who was willing to trade. I am in need for some arrowheds and a spearpoint. I have heard some of you are skilled rockshapers. Also, knowing my niece might go for a swim today, I wanted to be here for her!" Oakroot looked at the ocean. It was a strange place, but go and explore it for himself, no.
Well, maybe some day. Let no man say he wasn't willing to try things at least once!
Shinebright
Shinebright

Back to top Go down

Post by Tidemist Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:41 pm

Tidemist had begun floating above the sand, but she only got a few feet up before she heard a voice calling to her. She turned and smiled to see the WolfFolk who had been at the festival. “And a fine day to you as well! I’m a bit hungry.” She laughed a little, but lowered herself to the ground again as he approached her. “Yes! I'm glad the festival went so well, aside from the few fights and...other things.” her thoughts turned briefly to poor Kaimeta and Tern, then shook her head. “Yes, I look forward to showing Stormcloud around the reefs! She'll surely bring back little mementos, so be sure to see her afterwards. Unless you'd like to join us?” She smiled in a warm friendly manner. And chuckled in amusement as his attention drifted towards Lace. Ohh this might not end well if Serpent Fang got it in his head that this wolf blooded elf might be making eyes at his new lovemate.

And she heard about him wanting to trade for a spearhead and arrowheads. “Ah yes. You'll want Swirling then, she's a rockshaper. Unless you'd like yourself some pretty spear and arrowheads shaped from coral?” She chuckled a bit.
Tidemist
Tidemist
Chieftess

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember Robinwood Mon Apr 06, 2015 12:23 pm

Serpent Fang scowled at Oakroot. He knew, deep down, that he didn't have to fear Oakroot take Lace away, but still he sneer unpleasantly at the wolf-elf.

He drew away from Lace, stalking closer to Oakroot. Everything from his expression to his body language said very clearly "stay away". Hearing Tidemist's words, he wanted to object. Two wolf-blooded elves learning how to swim was more than enough!

**Chieftess,** he lock-sent warningly.
Ember Robinwood
Ember Robinwood

Location : East of the Misty Mountains, but West of Mirkwood, along the Old Ford and the Great River of Wilderland

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinebright Fri Apr 10, 2015 6:49 am

"Me? No, at least not today. Unless some one wants to teach me?" Oakroot looked at Tidemist and Lace. He smiled and laughed. "We Wolffolk live in trees, I can't even imagine how it is like underwater! I can, however, understand my nieces curiosity, it runs in the family. I think I will wait till I hear how she liked it."

The other man drew closer to him, it made the hairs of his neck stand up. "Euh... Good day! My name is Oakroot. I haven't had the .... pleasure of meeting you." He didn't liked the expression in the other elf's eyes, he knew what it meant. There was much suspision between the two tribes, some valid, some not. But he wasn't the man who was easily intimidted, nor was he the man to stand aside. The wolfblood was strong in him and it showed in his behavior at times.
For the Wolffolk it wasn't common to lay claim over another, but he didn't know how it was for the Seafolk. He would step aside if the woman didn't like his attention, but one look in her eyes said enough.
He wouldn't pursue her openly, but he wouldn't back down either. The choice would be hers.
---
Lace was a bitt suprised. This Oakroot clearly knew Serpent Fang was her Lovemate, but he didn't seemed to be bothered by that fact. Ofcourse, they were never exclusive, most of the Seafolk were free in their love, but things had changed between them and she felt the need to confirm it.
Lace stepped closer to Serpent Fang, but she couldn't help but feel intrigued by Oakroot.
"I am not going into the water today to swim, but I was planning on catching sime fish and dry it for later use."

---
"I will wait for Swirling then." Wasn't she the girl Ridge met the day before? He wasn't in a rush, so he could wait.
He directly paid attention when Lace said she was gonna dry some fish! "Oh! I would like to see how you dry your fish! I have been wanting to ask if this could be used for meat as well, but I am not sure. Can I join you, so I might learn how you do this?"
Shinebright
Shinebright

Back to top Go down

Post by Tidemist Sun Apr 12, 2015 8:25 pm

Tidemist smiled good naturedly at Oakroot's half agreement, half refusal it seemed to her. Fair enough if he wanted to wait for Stormcloud to do it...she was his niece? She hadn't realized it. But she was distracted when Serpent lock sent with her, mentally brushing off the mild sting and raised an eyebrow slightly, lock sending back. *What is it?* then Oakroot began to talk again. He seemed...vaguely nervous, or perhaps unsure. Well animals could sense emotions in other creatures, perhaps it was the same for the wolf blooded elves. She glanced briefly between Oakroot and Serpent, blinking slightly, fervently hoping there wasn't going to be any kind of fight, otherwise she'd have to douse them both quite thoroughly with water. But then he began talking with Lace and she raised her eyebrows ever so slightly, keeping Serpent in the corner of her eye. High ones please let there be no fight!
Tidemist
Tidemist
Chieftess

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember Robinwood Sun Apr 12, 2015 10:48 pm

**You dare invite one of their kind into thew water?** Serpent Fang lock-sent scathingly. Inwardly, he felt a twinge of hypocrisy. Serpent Fang scowled, his expression cold. Oakroot was not going to be spending the day with his mate!

**You have no need for such knowledge, Wolf-Elf,** Serpent Fang lock-sent, keeping Tidemist from knowing what he was "saying". **Your people may do trade with mine, but you have no right to know our ways and skills!**

Serpent Fang was painfully aware of his lack of a blade, spear, or weapon of any kind. Still, he took a pace forward, standing between Lace and Oakroot. He glared at Oakroot, locking gazes with him. He knew the WolfFolk's ways of staring down each other and challenging each other.

**Stay away from Lace,** He warned the WolfFolk elder, his sending was sharp as to the mind as a blade would have been to flesh.
Ember Robinwood
Ember Robinwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Tidemist Tue Apr 14, 2015 10:54 am

Tidemist gave a light shake of her head, her head briefly ringing from the sending, which helped shake off the stinging pain and frowned at his words. She drew herself up a bit taller, her face shifting into a more mature expression, her stance relaxed but authoritative. *Serpent Fang, you know as well as I that the sea belongs to no elf. We may live in it, but only a fool tries to claim to these waters. If the wolf bloods wish to explore it, they have that right! You will trust your chief and her decisions.* her sendings might lack the bite that Serpent Fang's did, but hers could sting at least a little with her rightful authority and truth. As an elder, he surely knew better than any that it was impossible to claim even a small part of the sea that hugged their home.

Then his attention was shifted to Oakroot again, and she was sure he must be sending, for Serpent so rarely spoke, and he was probably giving the hairy elf a piece of his mind. She tensed a little though when the SeaFolk began staring down the WolfFolk. Oh yes, she knew that tradition of the more primal elves to challenge each other with such stares. She took a deep breath and held out her hand, focusing to summon as large a ball of water as she could, which was a little bigger than her head, and she firmly walked in between the two male elves. “Enough of this! Serpent Fang, if Oakroot wishes to explore our home and learn how we live, then it is an honor for us to show them another way of life! It's not as if he's asking to live in the Cove. Oakroot, I apologize for the elder. He seems to remember too clearly the early years of needless antagonism between the tribes.”

*Now, do I have to splash you to cool your temper, Serpent Fang, or will you stand down?* She lock sent to the elder SeaFolk, looking at him from the corner of her eye.
Tidemist
Tidemist
Chieftess

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinebright Tue Apr 14, 2015 1:43 pm

Oakroot turned to the man, suprised about this hostile sending. There was no need for it. Slowly his wolftemper was trying to take over. "I am stronger then this! I am an elf and a wolf, but I need to be more elf now!"  He straightend his back and stood taller. **Who are you to say what trade is? Isn't trade also sharing experience and skills?** he lock-send back. He wouldn't show throat, but he wouldn't be the first to bite either....

He noticed Lace stepped closer to the man.

The next sending came as a blow to him. "Stay away from her? So, not so sure of himself after all!"
He refused to show the pain he felt in his head at that time. He refused to let him know, he clenched hid fists and replayed as calm as he could. "You still haven't answered my question!"

-----
Lace was stunned. The look on Serpent Fang was filled with anger. She raised her hand to touch him, but stopped. All she could do is watch how this would unfold....
Shinebright
Shinebright

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember Robinwood Tue Apr 14, 2015 2:12 pm

**Chieftess, I have given my every breath to protect our tribe. You're right when you say the ocean cannot be owned, but you haven't seen half the deaths I have! You haven't seen a shadow of what I've seen. The ocean isn't for those who can't survive in it! They would sooner die in the ocean than a fish washed up on dry land!** Serpent Fang lock-sent to Tidemist, mentally shouting at her, something more powerful even than rage burning in him.

Serpent Fang narrowed his eyes, sizing up Oakroot. He had no weapon, Oakroot did. He was still weak from the attack the day before, Oakroot was fine and physically stronger than him. It was clear who would have the upper hand, but Serpent Fang could wound mentally.

Hadn't this been what Serpent Fang was trying to avoid happening? Hurting someone?

**For your own good, stay away,** Serpent Fang snapped, lock-send.
Ember Robinwood
Ember Robinwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinebright Tue Apr 14, 2015 6:18 pm

Lace just stood there... She started to have some idea of what went on between he two men.

**S'vatar?** Just his soulname and all was asked and said! Didn't he know how much she loved him? That there was no other she wanted, needed at this moment? She looked at Oakroot. It seemed he was fighting himself not to charge at that moment. His eyes were smauldering of an animal-like fire. A wolflike fire.

**S'vatar?**

---
Oakroot had trouble not to growl. Although his head was filled with fierce thoughts 'Attack! Attack him!' He didn't want to listen to it. He closed his eyes for a moment, seeking his elfin-side. 'Orl! You are Orl!' When he opened his eyes he had gained his selfcontrole again. And his eyes showed it.

So this was Serpent Fang! And without loosing eyesight with the other man! "Thank you, Chieftess. I won't be joining into the waters this day, but I will keep your invitation in mind. Who knows!"

At the next sending Oakroot felt as if his head was stung by a bee. 'This one is a strong sender, but he sends with pain.' He knew how that felt. It wasn't the first time he felt it....

He looked at Tidemist, ignoring Serpent Fang. "I like to stay. Some of my tribe are heading this way later this day. I overheard Brooksong saying she was invited by one of you last night after meeting at the end of the festival." He slightly looked at Serpent Fang. He looked like the one that had invited her, but why was he so hostile now?

"And, if you want, I still like to see how you dry your fish! I am planning on a short journey before the cold sets in again and it would be very usefull to have dried meat with me!"

Still he was on edge. Ready to jump at his own defence!

---
You had to admire him for controling his rage like this. Lace had seen wolves attacking each other and they had the same look in their eyes as Oakroot had at that moment.
She looked at Serpent Fang. He still hadn't answer her sending. What was he going to do? Clearly Oakroot talked about him, about him inviting one of his people to join into the great sea. It contradicted what he might have sended to Tidemist, judging from her reply...

Last edited by Shinebright on Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shinebright
Shinebright

Back to top Go down

Post by Leanan Fri Apr 17, 2015 10:51 am

Stormcloud had helped take the meat to Kaimeta's hut and then departed with Brooksong, heading for the beach.

She saw as she arrived that there were others there already, four of them. One was Tidemist. Stormcloud began to run, not bothering to check if Brooksong followed her or not. It would be very bad manners, Stormcloud thought, to keep a chief waiting any longer than she had to!

As she came closer, the mood among those there invaded her awareness. It was in their body language, in their voices, even in their scent. She did not know what had caused the upset, but she hoped to relieve it with a change of subject.

"Chieftess, I am sorry", she said to Tidemist humbly, "I did not intend to keep you waiting. I am looking forward to this trip a lot!" As an afterthought, she added: "And bright morning to you all, too! Will you join us in the ocean, uncle?"
Leanan
Leanan

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember Robinwood Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:52 pm

Serpent Fang stiffened at the mention of his promise to Brooksong. He wanted to lash out, to attack Oakroot. He had no plausable reason, though, and no weapon.

When Oakroot ignored him, hot, burning anger rolled over him. He clenched his hands into firsts, his long nails digging into his palms. He had to get out of here, he had to put distance between himself and the WolfFolk's elder. Someone was going to get hurt.

Tidemist's sending still rang in his mind. Stand down? Stand down?! She was telling him to accept defeat and roll over for this... this mangy, flea bitten, scruffy, dog?!

Serpent Fang ignored Lace's sending. He refused to acknowledge her. He didn't want the anger or fire to cool. He didn't want her steadiness or her gentleness. He wanted to fight.

His anger and stubbornness seemed to peak and he let out a wordless sending. It was simply anger, terrible, terrible anger.
Ember Robinwood
Ember Robinwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Delhya Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:05 pm

OOC:

Brooksong ran after Stormcloud but "I'll be back with her and the Chieftess and maybe then we can go herb gathering" she called over her shoulder. Once she was finished she picked up the pace to catch up and try to pass Stormcloud  when she practically ran into the back of the huntress as she suddenly slowed.

Brooksong now also felt and noticed the heaviness in the air. As she took in the scene She wished her father was here he was usually pretty good at defusing fights. She on the other hand was not.  Serpentfangs wordless sending cut through the air like a sword.  "What's wrong why are you two mad at each other?" she spoke up loud enough for everyone to here her clearly as she walked up the rest of the way standing near both Oakroot and Serpentfang, granted if a fight did break out she knew she could not help stop it
Delhya
Delhya

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinebright Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:35 pm

Oakroot barely noticed his niece speaking to him. This... Serpant Fang clearly had issues with him, with his people! But why? They never tried to intrude, never thought they were better...

Blood flooded to his head to his next thought! Was it his wolfblood? The very part he was proud of having? Sure it made him mortal, but it also made him one with this world! Was he less then an elf? Was he not worthy being here?
His hand reach for his knife and a low growl sounded in his troat. "No! He wasn't like this! But if he wanted a fight, he could get it!

He calmed a little and answered Stormcloud. "No, not today. I have seen many places on this world, the sea is a place we couldn't visite untill we met the Seafolk. And now that peace seemed to be within our reach, we might be joining them as they can join us on the hunt. The sea belongs to all of us, like the woods, the mountains and the sky I have visited, this is just another place I haven't visite yet, but I will some day!" "Like it or not hot headed elf!" He thought, but didn't say outloud.

He never lost eyesight. Not even when he felt the anger and rage in Serpent Fang's sending. He raised his eyebrow a little... "Hmpf, we re more alike then you know or dare to admit! Only we embrase our anger, unlike you.... Oakroot was ready!
-----
Lace was starting to get worried more and more. And to her suprise angry too! Stupid men! Is this the way to solve things? Fight? Who is the strongest, the "better" man?
She decided she wouldn't stop him, wouldn't help him with this. She couldn't!

She looked in Oakroot eyes as she felt Serpent Fang's sending. It was more powerfull then she had experienced in a long time. It seemed different too. Because of her mental powers she felt more then he would admit.... Anger, frustration.....
**Serpent Fang.... I know... I know.....**  It was all she could send, all that she wanted. She was here for him, he didn't need her, she may not understand everything, but when he would calm down she was here for him. And only him!

She was suprised to see understanding in Oakroots' eyes. What did he know? What would he do next?
Shinebright
Shinebright

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember Robinwood Wed Apr 22, 2015 2:08 pm

Again, Serpent Fang ignored Lace. He didn't want to simply be told she was there for him! He didn't want her reassurance. Didn't she know it made him feel weak?!

His anger wouldn't stop building. His muscles were tensing and he knew he had to do something! And that look! By the High Ones, the look of understanding on Oakroot's face was the worse part.

He didn't know what made him do it; he knew, deep down, that were was no excuse for what he did next.

Serpent Fang launched himself at Oakroot with a strangled cry. Weaponless and reckless with anger, he lashed out, aiming to hit the wolf-elf across the face. Waves of anger like none he could recall since the death of Spearshaft exploded in an open black-sending.
Ember Robinwood
Ember Robinwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinebright Wed Apr 22, 2015 3:43 pm

Oakroot was suprised, the anger sending had been painfull, it looked like his head would split, but the next second the pain faded quicker then it should have.
He saw the anger and the muscles of the Sea-elf tensify. There would be a fight!
Fine! If a fight was what he wanted, he could have it!
---
Lace began to worry more and more. Stepping further away from the two men, she knew it was inevitable.... Serpent Fang's anger was at a peak! Nothing could make him calm down, nothing he would allow any way.
Tears ran down her face. And although she felt sad, she also began to feel angry. "Why? After all these turns they had been friends, lovemates he never wanted to explain himself. Never wanted to ..... all he wanted was to be engulfed in sorrow, which made him more and more angry...until this. And then? What happend then? He would disapear for countless turns, leaving her behind..... alone...." Not this time! He needed to face his anger. She couldn't help him, because he wouldn't lett her. She would be here for him, but how that was up to him!

Lace was shocked to see Serpent Fang lash out at Oakroot. And even she felt the pain of the black-sending. She wasn't prepared, she couldn't have been prepared for this kind of anger! Lace collapsed, grabbed her head and wanted to scream of the pain, but no sound came out of her mouth. The last thing she saw was Oakroot lashing back at Serpent Fang, then nothing.......

---
Although he had expected it, it came as a blow! Serpent Fang's fist hit him in the face, he felt blood coming out of his nose, but the worst was the black-sending! He fell to the ground and he grabbed his head, but this time too, the pain was gone the next moment.
He jumped up and punched Serpent Fang as hard as he could in his stomach. Growling like a wolf! He grabbed Serpent Fang's shoulders when he bended forward and kicked his knee under his chin!
Somehow he had time to think! Time to enjoy this fight! No matter the outcome, he would enjoy fighting this Sea-elf!
And with that final thought, he smiled, trew away his knife and awaited the elf's next move!
Shinebright
Shinebright

Back to top Go down

Post by Tidemist Wed Apr 22, 2015 9:58 pm

Tidemist watched Serpent warily, holding the water ball up a bit. He seemed to be lost in his thoughts, or perhaps locksending with Oakroot, but then came the open sending of just vented emotion and she cried out, raising the water as if to splash it on Serpent, but then it was over just as quickly. She blinked, trying to ignore the ringing in her ears as she glowered at the elder elf unhappily.

Then Oakroot was speaking, and she took the moment to rub at her forehead a little. Then Oakroot and Serpent were exchanging blows. She cried out and threw the water ball, splashing both males in the face before she ran in between them, shoving hard at their chests with her hands. Swimming gave her strength, and she only hoped it was enough to get the two men apart. Mustering her strength, she sent at both men with a sending that would leave their heads ringing, not a pain sending but something different. *Stop it both of you, before I have you both tied up and hung from the palm trees!!*
Tidemist
Tidemist
Chieftess

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember Robinwood Thu Apr 23, 2015 12:28 pm

The blow that struck Serpent Fang in the stomach knocked the wind out of him, the knee colliding with his chin caused his sharp teeth to slam down on his tongue. He tasted blood and, like a shark, it invigorated him.

The water that hit him meant nothing, nor did Tidemist's sending. Without think, he struck out, knocking her away. He lounged once more at Oakroot, this time focusing his black-sending on the WolfFolk elder. He closed his hand around Oakroot's throat in a vise-like grip. He struck Oakroot in the face again, this time raking his sharp nails across his face.

---

Ridge and Pathfinder broke from the shelter of the trees and raced across the sand. His uncle was under attack! His heart was pounding and his head pounded with pain.

"...Stop...!" His words seemed to stick in his throat and Pathfinder snarled.
Ember Robinwood
Ember Robinwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Leanan Thu Apr 23, 2015 2:41 pm

Stormcloud staggered a bit, the strength of the pain-sending from Serpent Fang was enough to cause that. She also raised her hand to her forehead, as if that would help take the pain away. She had only average sending skills and no way to block the inner wrath.

She hoped Tidemist's trick with the water would be enough, but it proved not to be so. She had no idea what these two males were fighting about, but she knew whose side she was on!

As Serpent Fang moved to strangle Oakroot, Stormcloud drew one of her brightmetal knives and struck out, holding the knife on Serpent Fang's throat. She sent openly: **Let my uncle go.** It was a simple sending, no pain or pressure as she had no such skill, but the determination in her grey eyes spoke volumes. She was WolfFolk. Family was all to her. No one would be allowed to threaten them like this!
Leanan
Leanan

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinebright Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:41 pm

"Grrrrr NO!"

*This is between me and him!*
Oakroot did an open sending! He knew they would listen.  Water was dripping down his face, washing the blood away from his nose and mouth. The black-sending still rang a little in his head, but he had no time to think why the pain faded so quick. He took advantage of Stormclouds coming in between him and Serpent Fang, but gently pushed her aside.

*He wants this fight! I want this fight! I know it isn't the Seafolkway! But maybe some of your people are more like us then they realize! But we have embrassed our savage part! We might not like at times, but we know and we have accepted it. Some think they are better then us, but most of you accept us for who we are! You don't have to like us, don't have to be around us, but we are one race! We are the same in a world that isn't ours! Again! I say, if he want to fight me, lett him! Let us fight, for he has issues with me and my people!*
The anger he felt for not being accepted because of his wolfblood, the part of him that he loved, raged at a peak again at the end of his sending!

With clinched fists he looked at Stormcloud and Ridge and in that way he was asking for their permission. If they didn't want him to fight he would show throat, but only for them! He loved his family and would do nothing that would hurt them in any way!
But the lust for a fight was high!
Shinebright
Shinebright

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember Robinwood Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:00 pm

Serpent Fang felt the cold blade of Stormcloud's knife on his throat. He "listened" to the sending of the others, his anger building once more. It felt like there was a heavy weight on his chest, suffocating him. His cold green eyes narrow as he watched Oakroot, not taking his eyes off of his opponent.

**Eloquent words for a dog,** Serpent Fang lock-sent to Oakroot. He wasn't black-sending, but there was a bitterness to his sending. However, as he continued, had they been spoken words, he would have sneered, **Your kin are brave, I'll give you that. However, you're a coward. You should never have turned your eyes towards my mate.**

He didn't care that his chieftess stood mere feet away or that Oakroot's niece held a blade to his throat. He didn't care than another kin of the wolfFolk elder's had arrive. Nor did he care that Lacer had retreated and seemed to have given up on sending to him. He cared for her, in his own way, but he wouldn't allow that to waylay his anger. The one that really held him back from lashing out again, possibly slitting his throat, was Brooksong.

He'd made her a promise and he would keep it. His quarrel was with Oakroot, none other.

--

Ridge looked between his uncle and the SeaFolk whom Stormcloud held a blade to the throat of. He knew how the wolf blood could entice someone into the hunting, fighting, or even killing, but no elven blood should be shed. Not that day, not ever.

Ridge slid from Pathfinder's back and slowly approached the fray. He placed a light hand on Stormcloud's arm, his brown eyes pleading her to lower the blade.

Ridge sent openly, a single word, *Enough.*

There had been enough fighting, enough bloodshed. Couldn't his uncle or the SeaFolk elf understand that?
Ember Robinwood
Ember Robinwood

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinebright Fri Apr 24, 2015 8:32 pm

Oakroot calmed down. He would not start fighting again. He didn't the first time nor would he start it again!
But he could not help himself replying Serpant Fang's sending.
**You say I am a dog!? But you fight over your mate as if you own her! I am a coward you say?! Maybe you should look at your own reflection! Was I trying to seduce her? No, but I still have eyes in my head and I would never overstep boundries she! would make! It is not you who has a say in that!**
Suddenly he noticed something strange!
*Something is wrong!*
---
Lace was still on the ground. It seemed no one had noticed what had happend. She felt lost, the pain in her head had never lost it's power. It weakend her and there was only one who could help her. **S'vatar? S'vatar? Where are you? I.... help me!** Fear and pain filled her sending. **I am scared! Where am I? ........help me** The last two words she could barely send. It felt like she was falling an endless fall, but it weakend her.
"I am tired, so tired! Where am I? Where are the others? Where is my sweet Reef?"
Shinebright
Shinebright

Back to top Go down

Post by Delhya Sat Apr 25, 2015 3:11 pm

Brooksong winced at the black sending she had never felt on before now. she dulled the pain with her magic blinking and gasped with she saw Lace unconscious on the ground. Brooksong rushed over placing a hand on her forehead and one of Laces hands in the other as she knelt next the the tailor. **LACE! LACE!** she open sent to the red head.

Brooksong tried to focus her healing magic to look for what was wrong  as a small warm glow emitted from hers hands. Had the black sending knocked her out? what had happened? Lock sending with a warm and gentle tone **Lace speak to me, can you hear me?**

Straystar was already on his way the the beach and was about there when his mind exploded with sendings both of all emotions and when Serpentfangs black send went out he spurred Shawl urging her to close the distance between them and the what ever the disruption was. They came to the forest edge and he rode up right too Oakroot and Serpentfang leaping off of Shawl and landing between the two males ready to knock sense into either one of them of need be. **OAKROOT. Stand down** he opensent so there would be no confusion of pride being hurt this was an order from his Chief. If he had a problem with it they could speak later on it.

Straystar was very confused of all of the elves to cause trouble this was a surprise. Tidemist was present  he acknowledge her briefly and with respect but faced Serpentfang since he trusted Oakroot to heed the order. ** I expect this kind of behavior of Stingsand and Creekstone BUT you TWO?** Straystar's normal cheerfulness was gone and his expression was more serious than any present had ever seen him, save Oakroot and that was years ago. His sendings were steady void of most of his irritation and disbelief of how these two were acting.

"What happened here and what is wrong with Lace?" he asked keeping the growl out of his voice and touched with concern when he asked about Lace. Daughter is she alright?"
Delhya
Delhya

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next