High Cove Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Fire is Coming
by Ember Robinwood Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:37 am

» Wolf/Sea OOC Discussion
by Leanan Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:37 pm

» Nymirni's Beach
by Tidemist Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:36 am

» Staff On LOA
by Kaimeta Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:33 am

» [Art] Shinebright's drawings
by Ember Robinwood Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:20 pm

» Kaimeta's Beach and Hut
by Kaimeta Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:58 am

» Lace's Cave
by Shinebright Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:36 am

» chit chat
by Kaimeta Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:46 pm

» Members on LOA
by Tidemist Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:58 am

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 35 on Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:40 am
Affiliates

free forum

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

Goldsand Beach~Harvest Festival

+6
Ember Robinwood
Leanan
Tidemist
Kaimeta
Delhya
Apogee
10 posters

Page 25 of 27 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next

Go down

Goldsand Beach~Harvest Festival - Page 25 Empty Re: Goldsand Beach~Harvest Festival

Post by Shinebright Tue Jan 13, 2015 3:31 pm

**Yes, dancing is all about feeling. If you think too much you can't feel.... For now you can watch, try to follow my steps!**
Oakroot stepped back and forth again, then to the left and right. To make it easier he repeated the steps. With his left hand he took her right hand, replaced his right hand to her waist.

He thought it was going well, only a few times she had stepped on his feet, but he didn't mind! Ash proved to be a great student! He enjoyed teaching the young, enjoyed being around them, listen to their dreams and wishes. He had always wanted to help with their problems.
And this was a problem he enjoyed solving. He helped Ash how to dance and maybe he gained another dance-partner.

**How do you feel now? I think you are a natural dancer! Tomorrow you will be dancing on the highest tree-branches!** He loved to swing around in the treetops. Jumping from one brache to the next.
**Now look at me. We will repeat the steps, till you feel good doing them without looking at your feet!**
Shinebright
Shinebright

Back to top Go down

Goldsand Beach~Harvest Festival - Page 25 Empty Re: Goldsand Beach~Harvest Festival

Post by WolfCandy Tue Jan 13, 2015 11:01 pm

A breath of air whispered passed Tern's lips. It was somber thing, nothing born out of exasperation. He wished he could accept the indirect offer, but would he let himself? A large part of him was pulling the elf towards Ridge, but there was still that small guppy rooted inside him with its innocent ideals and infatuation with recognition.

**Do I want to?** he sent slowly and carefully, **More than I have ever thought possible since I devoted myself to a lifemate. Even more than Kaimeta, perhaps.** He drew his attention to the painful prick inside him, the thought of never having recognized and having a simple lovemating seeming so wonderful, **But I know I could never. If I did, I would betraying part of who I am. Even worse, it would be a betrayal of my parents, my father.**

He let out another sigh, this time it was a thing of exasperation. It quivered with frustration as it left him. Why did things have to go this way?

**I am sorry, Ridge,** he sent sadly.
WolfCandy
WolfCandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Delhya Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:42 am

"There are a lot more pictures in the stars here and there. Perhaps I could draw the in the sand for you sometime?" She smiled at Serpentfangs request, she was no howl keeper and Oakroot could have spun a far more fabulous tale. But he seemed interested so she shared what little she knew of the creatures. She sent images of them to him that had been shared with her by those who knew them well.

“We don’t have to worry about the serpents but we remember them in case we ever go back to our old Holt. The plains cats however, are closer and sometime brave the forest, both my father and my granddame are and were cautious of them. They are very dangerous because the can catch you if you don’t get up a tree faster than them onto branches that they can’t follow on. I have overheard Oakroot survived one but he does not speak of it,”  she looked out at the water, "What about out there? what is there besides the Daggerteeth?"
Delhya
Delhya

Back to top Go down

Post by Ember Robinwood Wed Jan 14, 2015 1:56 am

**I understand,** Ridge sent back. He'd known it could never be. He didn't blame Tern, he really didn't, but that didn't make the sting of rejection any less painful. He tried to hide his disappointment, but he couldn't completely. Still, he didn't raise his head. If he did, Tern would see the tears burning in his eyes.

He breathed slowly, shakily, trying to compose himself. He really did understand. Tern couldn't betray himself or Kaimeta. Uncurling, Ridge smiled sadly at Tern. He slipped off the branch and knelt beside his friend.

**I have to go,** Ridge sent, regret and disappointment in his sending. He smiled gently, though, tears gleaming in the light of the moons that managed to filter down through the tree branches. Swiftly, lightly, he pressed his lips to Tern's cheek. It was nothing more than a quick peck, but it tore apart his heart to stand quickly and leap into the tree.

He climbed quickly to the top of the tree where Tern could never follow him. He threw back his head and howled, "Oooooowwwwooooowwwooo!"

It was a mournful sound, carried on the wind. At the top of the tree, he allowed his throat to constrict and the tears to fall freely. The howl, though mournful sounding, called to Leaf, Twig, and Pathfinder, summoning them so they could return to the den.

--

Serpent Fang listened with interest to what Brooksong had to say. Oakroot had survive an attack from one of the giant cats? He snorted, impressed. Perhaps he should have more respect for the other tribe's elder.

At Brooksong's question, he looked back across the dark water. What else was out there besides daggerteeth? He turned his attention back to her, sending, **The first danger out there are daggerteeth, of course, but there are others. There are serpents of the water, for which I am named. Eight armed creatures that change size, color, and shape. Large flat creatures that glide through the water with powerful barbs on their tails that have been known to be fatal. There are also transparent animals of varying size with many tentacles that the sting of can scar and even kill. Not to mention a of number of fish that sting and have venom of their own.**

He thought of his own run-ins with such creatures. He sent images of each creature: the eight armed shape-changer, the beautifully gliding ray with it's dangerous tail, and the creature that floated in the water, appearing harmless, with it's many tentacles. He'd gotten a nasty sting from one of the jelly-floaters when he was still an inexperienced guppy. He had learned quickly not to touch something unless you were sure it wouldn't sting or bite you.
Ember Robinwood
Ember Robinwood

Location : East of the Misty Mountains, but West of Mirkwood, along the Old Ford and the Great River of Wilderland

Back to top Go down

Post by Hail Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:34 pm

Thinking too much. Oakroot had hit her problem right on the spot. She taught too much. Hunting, howling, chasig it was all second nature to her. She didn't have to think she just did it.
Repeating the steps only helped her memorize them. She whinched everytime she miss stepped and hit Oakroots toes. Compared to the rest of her tribe she didn't feel graceful.

**I don't need to dance to reach to leafroof, howlkeeper. I like my bones the way they are. In one piece.**

There was the overthinkig again. She forced her breathig to stay calm and deep, to keep her focused on the dancing. She knew damn well she taught to much most of the time and she blamed her Sire for it. After her mom died, he had taught Ash to thinkig everythig through before she acted while sometimes not thinking was the best way.

She followed Oakroots steps, clenchig her jaw in concentration. She practacily had to tear her gaze away from her own feet. **I feel like I'm stamping around like a bear on tree legs which is a slight improvement.** she send to him smiling.

The howl that cut through the night broke her concentration and she stepped on Oakroots toes again. **puckernuts, I'm so sorry.**

Hail
Hail

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinebright Wed Jan 14, 2015 3:49 pm

**Don't worry about it! I had twigs weighting more then you fall on my feet** Oakroot joked. **And you aren't stamping around, but maybe you should try to dance on your toes. My mother thaught me to dance that way.** The memory warmed his soul and he knew Ash felt it too, but he didn't mind. He was all about sharing.
**And besides, if you were stamping like a bear, I wouldn't enjoy dancing with you!**

He heard Ridge howl for Twig and Leaf, he heard a kind of sadness in his call.
**Good Night Ridge! Remember we are gonna teach the cubs how to set traps tomorrow!** He locksend to him. He really needed to talk to him, just to know if he was all right.
Shinebright
Shinebright

Back to top Go down

Post by Leanan Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:21 pm

"Nastybad Thunderhead Highthing go hunt-find for Grrr-Hissthing! Is bad, is troublemuch! Branchthing fall down, Thunderhead Highthing much-trapped!" Ripeberry replied, more or less helpfully. It stood upon the fallen branch on its little clawed feet, its arms folded in a pose very similar to Stormcloud's at the moment.

Stromcloud, besides folding her arms, narrowed her eyes a little. "Mother... you know I don't like you going after those things on your own. What in the world were you thinking?"

Skybolt resisted folding her arms in return, as the pose would have hurt her broken limb. "I heard about those cubs getting lost, and the cursed cat had been in our territory. I thought it was necessary to check that it hadn't taken them." She defended herself.

"And you didn't think to take anyone with you? Or at least tell someone where you were going?" Stormcloud demanded.

"I had the bug. Not that I asked it to come." Skybolt glared at Ripeberry, who glared back and stuck out its tongue.

"All right, Mother. We are going to see a healer now." Stormcloud grabbed her mother and pulled on her arm to drag her if necessary. As it was the injured arm, Skybolt followed unusually meekly, yet said nothing, still, of the injury, out of sheer stubbornness.

Stormcloud decided she would take her mother to see Kaimeta - unless, of course, the High One had changed her mind about the Recognition and was in progress of, well, creating a new life... in that case Brooksong would have to do. Stormcloud was convinced her young tribemate would be a great healer one day, but perhaps not just yet...
Leanan
Leanan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tidemist Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:10 pm

Tidemist gathered a large armful of kindling, and made her way back t where she had left Snaketwist. She smiled a little relieved to see him still sitting there. She liked his company, though he was usually rather quiet. She yawned a little as she approached him and sat down on the opposite side of the dying fire. She quickly picked up some sticks and snapped them in half, adding the thinner ones to the fire to help it catch and build it up again. She glanced back a little enviously at the large bonfires some of the other groups had build along the beach, but she would build this big enough to warm herself and Snaketwist. Maybe someone would come over and join them. She glanced at the pensive elf and smiled as she spoke. “It's your turn next to get the firewood.” Then she turned her head a bit, watching the dancing elf shadows further along the beach. Some members of her tribe had taken to dancing in the shallows of the ocean, adding the music of splashing to the instruments that filled the night. She smiled a little tiredly as she continued to feed the fire.
Tidemist
Tidemist
Chieftess

Back to top Go down

Post by Hail Wed Jan 14, 2015 9:34 pm

**I think your the first one to say that he enjoys dancing with me.** but she was grateful for and she let Oakroot know so in her sending. It would be a while, before dancing would be somethig she felt comfortable with. Which was why she loved her tribemates even more for helping her out with it.

Ash bounced on the balls of her feet. Shiftig her mind away from the dancing. What was she good at? The first thing that sprang to mind was handelig fire but that wasn't bery useful right now. Tracking was the second that came to mind. A small smile appeared on her face. She had approached it all wrong. She shouldn't see this as dancing but as huntig. All she had to do was track Oakroots feet. Without actually catchig, or rather stepping on them.

**Is Ridge alright?** she asked Oakroot.

Truth to be told she'd only spoken to Brooksong and Oakroot so far. The rest of their tribe was scattered all over the place.
Hail
Hail

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinebright Thu Jan 15, 2015 2:54 am

Oakroot noticed she losened a bitt and her movements were getting more and more smooth.

**I don't know, something happened today, I think it has to do something with the sea-maiden he was with earlier, but we didn't had a change to talk about it. You know how he can be, all closed up. I am going to set traps with him and the cubs tomorrow, see what I can do to help.**

Suddenly he turned Ash and swirled her around, catching her in his arms. **When you dance, the man leads....... so be prepared for some action....** He looked at Ash with a playfull grin. **I have teased you enough, but I do believe you are ready to add some steps and movements! Like to start dancing around? Use the whole area?**
Shinebright
Shinebright

Back to top Go down

Post by Leanan Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:15 am

Snaketwist smiled at Tidemist when she returned. "Good, the fire almost went out", he said when the chieftess arrived with more wood. "Yes, I'll go next", he agreed easily. He lay back a little, and looked up into the stars. "I suppose you're going to stay until everyone is gone, to make sure nothing bad happens?" He asked her, well aware of her role as the chieftess of her tribe. "It's been quite an eventful day, I sure hope things stay calm from now on!"
Leanan
Leanan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tidemist Thu Jan 15, 2015 1:37 pm

“Of course. Though I’m beginning to get tired. So much happened...” She agreed with him, vaguely drowsy. Probably it was the alternating cool and warm, and the fact that she had a full stomach now. Festival days were always days of enjoyable gluttony, a fact which made her smile a little. The fire sufficiently fed, she laid down on the sand on her side, watching the flickering lights. “I hope things stay calm too. I suppose we were lucky today...only a handful of fights between the tribes with no serious injuries. The pips missing, but found safely...that's a tradition I could do without.” She chuckled a little as she closed her eyes, just to rest them a little. She listened to the chatter, the laughter and music from the others, echoing in the large empty space. After a moment, an urge hit her and she spoke aloud again. “I could go for another story...I wonder if any of the tide keepers, or howlers of the wolf tribe would be willing. Something more lighthearted than that recognition story...” now she opened one eye slightly, looking at Snaketwist and she spoke a bit jokingly. “Unless you know a good story, Snaketwist?”
Tidemist
Tidemist
Chieftess

Back to top Go down

Post by Leanan Thu Jan 15, 2015 3:58 pm

"I am quite tired too", Snaketwist admitted. "Don't forget our little fight with a daggertooth, or the Wolf youngsters' run-in with the tusk pigs, or the unlikeliest Recognition anyone could imagine! I think the reason there weren't so many fights this year is people were too busy with all of that!" He said, chuckling a little.

Snaketwist, too, felt the rich food sit heavy in his stomach, making him feel tired yet contented. He copied Tidemist and lay down on the other side of the fire, looking up at the stars.

"I know a few stories..." he admitted, a bit hesitantly, and looked up at the stars for inspiration. "would you like the one about Gullflight's long journey?" he asked her. Everyone in the tribe, except the youngest pips, probably knew the story, but like all their stories, each teller told it differently, based on how their elder family members had told it when they were young.
Leanan
Leanan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hail Thu Jan 15, 2015 4:46 pm

**Then it may have been my fault, if that's the case.** She shows Oakroot what happened when she got here. She'd looked wild, with her hair all over the place and covered in dirt. She'd seen Ridge briefly and she'd also noticed a sea maiden running for her life after one look at her.

She yelps in surprise when Oakroot spins her around. She eyes Oakroot for a moment before she nods. Everyone'd probably already seen her anyway. **Why is it that the man leads?** She asks. In her case it's obvious since she couldn't distiguise head from tail when it came to dancing.

She caught sight of her wolf who'd rolled over and now lay bellie up. Her tongue out of her muzzle and snoring like, well, like her Sire. **Go find the pack** her sending is sharp and clean and wakes her wolf up instantly.
Hail
Hail

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinebright Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:22 pm

**Ah, yes. I can understand she might be frightnend by what she saw. I hope she realizes by now you weren't a scary creature from the woods. Hopefully Ridge will meet her again and they can start over again. Or at least continue.** Oakroot knew how the woods sometimes looked to people who didn't live in it.

**Hmmm, good question! To me it wouldn'-t matter who leads, as long as it is told, just in case both want to lead... that just wouldn't work!** A vague memory popped in his head. **My parents loved to dance! They even danced on the thick branches of the Everhometree. My Sire swirled my mother around and lifted her up in the air. She even jumped in his arms...** Oakroot showed her as he led her, while still dancing, to the shore-line.
**I do believe my parent sended to each other and in that way they were a perfect match as to dancing! Maybe the man leads because he does all the lifting and swirling....**

His feet stepped in the cool water, he didn't know if Ash liked it, but to him it was refreshing. He saw some other elfes dancing in the water, mostly Seafolk. **How do you feel now about your dancingskills? We danced all the way frome where we were to here! And you didn't even stepped on my feet once!**
Shinebright
Shinebright

Back to top Go down

Post by Hail Thu Jan 15, 2015 8:32 pm

**I think that has more to do with your teaching skill than with my dancing skills. But I'll admit I don't think I made that much of a fool out of my self.**

She smiles when she sees what Oakroot is telling her. **My mom loved to dance. When I was too young to follow she would let me dance on her feet. My sire... he isn't....** She can't find the right words to describe her father. He used to be jolly, he used to be funny, he used to be kind. Now he's a mere shadow of his former self. He's still gentle with her but she can't recall the last time he looked her straight in the eye.

The water is warmer than she expected although she wished she'd taken of her boots before going in. Soaked is soaked and besides what difference did the souple layer of leather make when it came to dancing.
Hail
Hail

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinebright Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:09 pm

**I know! Windchaser hasn't been himself since..... then! I know how he and Brighteyes were.... I am sorry, I don't want to make you feel sad! Your parents had a very strong bond! Brighteyes wouldn't have wanted him to be so.... closed, but only he can pull himself out of it....** The memory of how she was and the way she had died...

Oakroot shook his head just a little, he hoped Ash didn't noticed it. **Do you remember your mother? Part of being a howlkeeper is knowing how you can call upon a memory, no matter how distant it is.** Without even knowing they had stopped dancing and stood there still in a dance-position. He felt the urge to comfort her, hold her in his arms and tell her about her mother, but he didn't know if she would want to.

Instead he whispered, "I am sorry, I am an old wolf, who is still remembering past times. Would you like to join me in warming my feet next to a fire. Maybe look at the stars?" He didn't noticed a tear had formed in his eye. He just felt the urge to search for the star he had picked to be Brighteyes'. He had given every elf he had known a star, so he would never forget their names....
Shinebright
Shinebright

Back to top Go down

Post by Tidemist Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:56 am

She smiled as she looked across the short distance at his face, resting her face on her arm. She was rather glad when he offered to tell her a tale, though it made her giggle a bit to hear him offer to tell Gullflight's story. How many times had she asked him to tell her that story as a child? Did he even remember that? But she broke out of that train of thought and closed her eyes a little. “Alright. As long as you make it sound at least a little exciting...anything too soothing, and I think I'll fall asleep right here...ah, I almost wish I had my nice double linen blanket...”
Tidemist
Tidemist
Chieftess

Back to top Go down

Post by Leanan Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:55 am

Snaketwist smiled happily back at Tidemist. "Try not to fall asleep, chieftess. I shall make sure not to tell it in a boring way." He took a deep breath, gathered his thoughts for a few heartbeats, and then began, in the steady voice of a storyteller:

"Gullflight was a young lad who had a head full of dreams and a heart brimming with curiousity. He wanted to know the names of all the stars and the stories of both tribes, but above all, he wished to learn what lay over the ocean, beyond the horizon. No one had ever sailed there, our ancestors came from another direction."

"So Gullflight built himself a boat with a leather sail, and stocked it with a barrel of fresh water and a big storage of food in bundles covered with wrapstuff. He named the boat 'Skimmer', as it was narrow and sailed fast. He said his farewells to friends and family, and sailed off into the horizon on a bright summer morning."

"At first the going was easy, and the weather favored his venture. But on the fourth day of open seas with no land in sight, there came a huge storm. Gullflight took down both sail and mast, and used the sail to protect the boat from getting filled with water. He tied all his gear in place securely and lay under the sail, tossed about by all the elements of sky and sea and the raging storm, feeling helpless and more than a little seasick."

Snaketwist paused and looked at Tidemist, mostly to check that she hadn't fallen asleep.
Leanan
Leanan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tidemist Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:10 pm

She laid drowsily, listening to the story, and despite herself, she found she was waking up a bit more so she could listen to it. Why didn't he ever apprentice to be a tides keeper? He had the voice for it. She smiled as she listened to him, picturing the story as it was told, she could imagine the sensation of being rocked almost too violently by the ocean's waves. When he paused to look at her, she smiled and said in a voice that mimicked a childs chirp. “But if this was in the old days, how did he get enough leather for a sail?” Her smile had turned teasing, and her eyes sparkled a bit mischievously.
Tidemist
Tidemist
Chieftess

Back to top Go down

Post by Leanan Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:39 pm

"That is another story", Snaketwist replied, glad to have her interest. He remembered telling this and other stories to Tidemist when she was little, and back then, she had been full of questions. "Gullflight's father, Mountainsong, was unusual for one of ours in that he hunted in the forest. He was a big elf, almost as tall as Kaimeta, and twice as wide, but a childhood accident caused him to fear the sea. As I say, there is a full story in his life, but for now it is enough to say that the leather of Gullflight's sail came from Mountainsong's kills, mostly deer."

"Anyways, eventually the storm passed, and Gullflight, exhausted beyond measure, was rocked to sleep by the rolling waves. When he woke up, the sun was shining, and he was in the middle of an expanse of ocean, the surface of which was as smooth and quiet as a tide pool, not a wave in sight. He could see his own reflection on the water, so calm it was."

"Fortunately, Gullflight had brought a set of oars, too. He ate some of his food, drank a bit of water, and then waited until the sun sank low enough to show him which way was Sun-Goes-Down, and then he headed, not towards home, but the opposite direction, for he had no intention to give up his search."

"Gullflight rowed for all evening and most of the night. Towards the morning, a wind finally rose, enabling him to use the sail again. As the sun rose, it revealed, quite near, not one island but two, close together, yet with a strait between them. Birds cried in the air, and he could smell the earthy scents of a forest on the wind."

Snaketwist looked at Tidemist again, wondering if she had more questions.

Last edited by Leanan on Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Leanan
Leanan

Back to top Go down

Post by Hail Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:24 pm

**I don’t remember my mom very well. Just what other members have told me.** A sad smile appears on her face. **I do remember flashes, and warmth. Whenever I think of my mom I feel warmth radiating from the memories.**

**My mom was a lot like me. She loved jokes, she was never able to sit still and she was the only member of the tribe who could jump my father without server consequences. I think that’s why my Sire is the way he is. The moment mom left, so did his joy, because to him that was the same thing.**

**Sounds good since my feet are freezing.** Ash steps away from Oakroot and pulls of her boots. **My father talks in his sleep.** No one beside Ash knew this and talking about it made her feel a bit uneasy. She also knew that if she didn’t tell someone soon she might end up just like her dad. **Nightmares haunt him. He sees my mom but is unable to safe her and then he wakes up and sees me. I have been told I look a lot like her except for my eyes. My father lives in a never ending nightmare, caught in his own head.**
She heads back toward the fire. The sand shifting between her toes. ‘I like stars. They’re like tiny flames spread through the sky like snow spreads over land.
Hail
Hail

Back to top Go down

Post by Delhya Fri Jan 16, 2015 8:24 pm

"It sounds like the water holds as many if not more dangers than the forest but I guess it is all chance encounters in either place." she smiled.

"Maybe one day I can explore it to, father promised to take me to see the plains but is not keen on going into the water for some reason." she spoke thoughtfully thinking of what it would be like out there. She had swam many times in the lake but those waters were still and steady even when the wind sweep across it's surface.

Straystar and Windgrace slowed in their dancing and wandered over to the fire where Snaketwist and Tidemist were. "We'll it seems a bit since we talked today Chieftess" he winked at her to break up the formal greeting. "Hello Snaketwist, do you two mind if we join you?"

Last edited by Delhya on Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:29 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : key ish word miss spelt)
Delhya
Delhya

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfCandy Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:13 pm

Tern’s heart broke. Again. He hated that he had caused the wolf-elf, with his own youthful, innocent charm and the mysterious allure all WolfFolk seemed to have. He wished he could say something to make it better, or, better yet, take back what he had said only moments before. Of course he could do neither. Although a natural charmer, Tern could not think of any words to better the situation, and he could not give up what he had believed in for so long, no matter how much he wanted to.

When Ridge looked up at him, his heart broke in yet another way. He remained silent, only able to return the smile. His lips told of apology and remorse. He almost reached out to stop Ridge from leaving, insisted that he could stay. Almost. He knew he couldn’t. He nodded slightly, looking to the ground. The kiss startled him, his head snapping up just in time to watch Ridge leap away.

“Goodbye, handsome,” he murmured to the now empty shadows, sadly lifting a hand to his cheek, “May we meet again.”

As the last of Tern’s words mingled with the cool, night breeze, a somber howl vibrated in his core, harmonizing with the fragmented song of his own heartache.
WolfCandy
WolfCandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tidemist Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:15 am

She chuckled softly as he answered her question, though it really hadn't been serious. She did laugh out loud a little when he said Mountainsong was as tall as the High One, and twice as wide. She laid her head back down, listening as he detailed the elf's journey in the story, smiling as she closed her eyes briefly to picture the islands. In her mind, it looked rather like the little island a bit off shore from the beach, but doubled, and for some reason she pictured them covered will hills and trees and palm trees. She smiled at the image and opened her eyes, looking at Snaketwist questioningly when he paused, waiting for him to continue the story, then noticed Straystar and smiled up at him in a friendly manner. "It's been a busy day, which I think is starting to catch up to me. I don't mind you joining us, Snaketwist was just telling me a story. I was in the mood for one." She gave a small but welcoming nod to Windgrace, then turned her attention back to Snaketwist.

Last edited by Tidemist on Sat Jan 17, 2015 1:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tidemist
Tidemist
Chieftess

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 27 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26, 27  Next