High Cove Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Fire is Coming
by Ember Robinwood Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:37 am

» Wolf/Sea OOC Discussion
by Leanan Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:37 pm

» Nymirni's Beach
by Tidemist Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:36 am

» Staff On LOA
by Kaimeta Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:33 am

» [Art] Shinebright's drawings
by Ember Robinwood Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:20 pm

» Kaimeta's Beach and Hut
by Kaimeta Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:58 am

» Lace's Cave
by Shinebright Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:36 am

» chit chat
by Kaimeta Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:46 pm

» Members on LOA
by Tidemist Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:58 am

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 35 on Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:40 am
Affiliates

free forum

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

Tern

4 posters

Go down

Tern Empty Tern

Post by WolfCandy Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:04 pm

So, my friend still hasn't had time to look him over for me so I'm just going to post him Sad Anyone, feel free to harshly critique him and provide feedback Very Happy I love feedback. And don't worry about hurting my feelings or anything... the harsher the better!  What a Face  Thanks Smile

Player's name: WolfCandy
Character's name: Tern
Character's age: 323
Soulname: Wyra
Tribe: SeaFolk
Tribal Position: Hunter, weapon crafter

Appearance: Lissome and tall, tan skin, light blue eyes, unruly black hair that is long on the top but short on the sides and back. To honour his namesake, he also wears a white braid (coloured by Kaimeta) down the centre of his back that reaches just passed his shoulder blades (because terns are both white and black. Even though terns have a white belly and grey back, he chose to have a white braid because he preferred the sharpness and contrast of the white and black compared to grey and black) . He has a long face with angular features, ; a tall, thin nose; and sharp jaw and cheek bones. His lips are somewhat thin and his lower lip is a little thicker than the top one. He has strong, but still slender, hands with long, deft fingers. He has the classic SeaFolk ears as well as fins on his arms. When he has a tail (shaped by Kaimeta), it is steel blue with a subtle gradient. In addition to the fin at the end, he has another fin a short ways up from it.
Body Build: Lean and slender but well-toned.
Usually Seen Wearing: Simple breechcloth and above the knee leggings. The leggings are a light tan but the breechcloth is turquoise. The belt holding up the breechcloth is the same colour as the leggings. He also has an orange coral necklace.
Weapon preference: Harpoon spear and a boomerang (though it really is no good under water… he basically just plays with it)
Magic: A small ability to water-shape, but it is not developed enough to do crazy things. That is, possibly, as strong as his ability will ever be. He uses it to create targets in the water in front of him which will burst and return to the ocean once he hits them with either his boomerang or spear.

Family: Father; Spearshaft (d), Mother; Waverider, former long-term lovemate; Ara, ‘Niece’; Seastar, Cousin; Snaketwist

Personality: Fun-loving, confident, and playful. Tern is an incurable flirt, but is surprisingly not known to have many lovemates. Although he has a flirty personality, it is a more friendly interaction than anything else. And he certainly isn’t one to discriminate, having no problem with sending a flirty smile to either gender’s way. Loves adventure and is reckless at times. However, he is only reckless when he is by himself (which is possibly worse) as he would never endanger someone from his tribe, at least not intentionally.  Because of this, he has a tendency to go ahead into dangerous situations by himself without stopping to consider the risks or waiting for others to come and help. Although he always says that he never goes into a situation he knows he can’t handle, it isn’t necessarily true. Despite his occasional reckless behaviour, Tern manages to remain (moderately) serious when hunting. At heart, he is a hopeless romantic and an idealist, which can cloud his reason. It certainly wouldn’t hurt if he lived a little more in the real world. He strongly believes in the power of recognition and is already completely devoted to his lifemate even though he has no idea who, or where, she is. This much gentler side to him is often overlooked because of his flirtatious nature and lack of seriousness. As of now, he refuses to have a lovemate because he is determined to be only for his lifemate. (this may change later depending on how I feel about him as the story progresses and I get a better idea of who he is) His major fatal flaws are his irresponsibility and inability to be serious in some situations.

Likes: hunting, adventure, fun and games, jokes, family and friends, swimming, running along the shore, practicing on targets (with both boomerang and sear), food and celebration, burying his feet in the sand or dipping them in the water, exploring.
Dislikes: He’s so jovial and easy going there really isn’t a lot he dislikes. The few things include, overly serious WolfFolk, the idea of living away from the sea or in an enclosed space like the forest, fear, thick seaweed (it really frustrates him even if he isn’t going near it. It’s also the idea that something unknown might be hidden there), not knowing the answer behind a mystery.

Skills: Good with his boomerang, but it really has no use other than to keep him entertained. He is able to get into the zone when hunting and become really focused (this, and his thoughts on recognition and lifemates might be a peek at a more serious and responsible piece of him sleeping inside.). Making light of any situation (I hope one day something will happen where he can’t 3:). He likes to fool around with weapon making for fun, if that counts as a skill. He only really casually makes weapons though because he does it by hand and not with a shaping ability. Maybe in the future he might decide to make other things for fun, but for now it’s just weapons, or maybe the occasional weaving or knot tying with strand-like objects. He is also a good swimmer.

History: Tern was born with a head of scruffy black hair, which reminded his parents of the pure black, and sometimes scruffy head of a tern. Growing up, he was always enthusiastic. It became a great task for his parents and the rest of the tribe to keep up with his seemingly boundless energy and flitting attention. As he grew older, he seemed to tame a small bit (emphasis on small). In his adolescence he was over confident, self-involved, and a lover of all things beautiful (as long as said things boasted a pair of shining eyes and a perky chest). This too, with time, tamed (considerably). As he matured, he began to experiment, taking male lovemates as well. He learned that he enjoyed the company of both genders almost equally, preferring the females by only a small amount. By the time he was completely matured and a step into being a young adult, he was confident, but no longer conceited or self-involved, and had only a single lovemate, Ara. He grew warmer and gentler underneath his regular easy-going, flirty skin, and became about as responsible and mature as he could. He was always a bit of a hopeless romantic, even in his younger years (showering his objects of affection with gifts, attention, and compliments), and even though he was not so extensive in these things with Ara, he still did the sweet little things that showed he cared. He was devoted only to her and, still holding his belief in recognition that he does presently, hoped to recognize her one day. It wasn’t until his father was killed during a shark attack while hunting, and he saw how much it affected his mother that he adopted the abstinence he has today. His parents were the kind of lifemates that are beyond devoted (and would have most likely recognized again had Spearshaft not died). Tern had always noticed the strong bond between his parents and held it as an ideal for his relationship with Ara, but it wasn’t until he saw (and felt) how much his father’s death devastated his mother that he had the thoughts on recognition and lifemates that he does now. He thought to himself that he wanted to have that one day, and the idea of his lifemate being out there right then (the one who he would love so unconditionally that her death would break him) was enough to make him cut off his ties with his long time lovemate. Ara understood and after some time of getting adjusted to being without each other, the awkwardness left and they now remain very close friends and still love each other deeply (if not in the way they used to). Eventually Ara recongized and Tern now acts as a loving and entertaining ‘uncle’ to her daughter, Seastar. After his father’s death, Tern grew to be a skilled hunter like Spearshaft, possibly because he felt it would fill some of the space from his father’s absence. After their mother’s formed a friendship (helping each other through losing both their lifemates in the shark attack), Tern and Coral began forming one as well, as they were both going through the same thing.

Any Other Information: Has a habit of ‘da doo dum’ type humming sometimes.

Last edited by WolfCandy on Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
WolfCandy
WolfCandy

Back to top Go down

Tern Empty Re: Tern

Post by Ember Robinwood Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:37 pm

I hope he's accepted because he sounds exciting! Reading through his profile makes me think about how different he and Serpent Fang are. I think he'd hate the way Serpent Fang has had a ton of lovemates and Serpent Fang's mother refused to become lifemates with the one she recognized. It'll be fun to see the two interact!
Ember Robinwood
Ember Robinwood

Location : East of the Misty Mountains, but West of Mirkwood, along the Old Ford and the Great River of Wilderland

Back to top Go down

Post by Tidemist Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:46 pm

looks pretty good! just a couple things. how is his braid honoring his namesake? also, it seems you accidentally called him Tide in the second sentence of his personality.^^0

and how does his black hair mean he is named Tern? can you clarify this please?
Tidemist
Tidemist
Chieftess

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfCandy Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:03 pm

Ember, now you have me excited too! Very Happy They should be always at odds and argue about petty things all the time. Very Happy  

So sorry! :$ This character was originally named Tide, but I changed it because of Tidemist.

Nooo! I came on and you were finally online at the same time, but now your off again Sad Wanted to talk map with u :O

Fixed it, Tide! Smile
WolfCandy
WolfCandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Apogee Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:25 pm

Tern Little-tern-07

Now I'm gonna see this guy every time... you better put up a picture soon hahahah!
Apogee
Apogee

http://www.droppin-the-fork.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfCandy Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:42 pm

Lol! Very Happy And hopefully I will! I've kind of doodled him a bit, I just need to get a more serious and refined sketch done (if I can get his freaking hair right -_-)
WolfCandy
WolfCandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Apogee Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:06 pm

(I shouldn't laugh - because Apogee's hair style is absolutely nonsense cowlick like it is...)
Apogee
Apogee

http://www.droppin-the-fork.com

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfCandy Sat Aug 02, 2014 11:32 pm

Lol, Tern's hair doesn't look like the birds though :'D And I love Apogee's hair!
WolfCandy
WolfCandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tidemist Sun Aug 03, 2014 2:04 am

oh god...XD*falls over laughing* that is a hilarious bird, why don't we have those in florida? i get it now though.

APPROVED!
Tidemist
Tidemist
Chieftess

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfCandy Sun Aug 03, 2014 3:24 am

Wooo! Thank you! Very Happy Does Tern get his very own cave now? Very Happy
WolfCandy
WolfCandy

Back to top Go down