High Cove Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Fire is Coming
by Ember Robinwood Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:37 am

» Wolf/Sea OOC Discussion
by Leanan Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:37 pm

» Nymirni's Beach
by Tidemist Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:36 am

» Staff On LOA
by Kaimeta Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:33 am

» [Art] Shinebright's drawings
by Ember Robinwood Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:20 pm

» Kaimeta's Beach and Hut
by Kaimeta Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:58 am

» Lace's Cave
by Shinebright Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:36 am

» chit chat
by Kaimeta Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:46 pm

» Members on LOA
by Tidemist Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:58 am

Who is online?
In total there are 2 users online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests :: 1 Bot

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 35 on Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:40 am
Affiliates

free forum

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

Questions about the Holt

+4
WolfCandy
Leanan
Tehaar
Tidemist
8 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Questions about the Holt Empty Questions about the Holt

Post by Tidemist Fri Jul 25, 2014 11:40 am

If you have any kind of questions about either of the tribes, what they do, how they act, the storyline or something like that, please feel free to ask it here! Don't worry, there are no stupid questions.

Edit by Kaimeta:

I want to let everyone know that I am totally ok with Kai shaping anyone how they like with in reason. She's not going to drastically change a person's body ok? but she will give sea folk a tail ect. All you have to do it let me know what you are putting in your bio that she does for your character!

~Kai
Tidemist
Tidemist
Chieftess

Back to top Go down

Questions about the Holt Empty Re: Questions about the Holt

Post by Tehaar Tue Jul 29, 2014 8:33 am

I would like to know - what are the allowed skin colours in each tribe? As we don't have a "Sunfolk" tribe, are all elves pale, or are there also eg. dark skinned Wolf folk?

Is this the same universe as the canon EQ or just a similar one? (Just to make sure.)

Will the players be able to participate in the creation of the Holt plot and tribe relations (like whether the two tribes become more/less friendly in the future) or do you have a set plan that the Holt will follow?

And I also wondered about the same thing as Leanan in another thread - should our user names reflect our character name? (I think that would be nice, but since we're only allowed one account but two characters, I guess it's optional?)

That's all for now... Cool

Tehaar

Back to top Go down

Post by Tidemist Tue Jul 29, 2014 12:40 pm

because this is a coastal setting, it is possible for tanned skin. but certainly nothing so dark as the Sunfolk. so it can range from..oh let's say Wavedancer pale to a nice light brown tan.

this is the same universe, because the WolfFolk can vaguely remember a High One who had a child with a wolf that they've descended from, but they left during the early days of the Wolfriders....somewhere around Timmorn/Rahnee/Prey-pacer.

i say this with a very enthusiastic NO. the players are most certainly expected to contribute ideas for the storylines. the only plot line the players will not be able to fully control are the Recognitions.

and yes. you do not have to have the same name as either of your characters. you can craft a new name, or pick which elf you like better and take that name. it is entirely up to you guys.

excellent questions! and welcome to the Holt Tehaar.
Tidemist
Tidemist
Chieftess

Back to top Go down

Post by Leanan Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:20 pm

Where should I join the story with Stormcloud?
Leanan
Leanan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tidemist Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:54 pm

Currently there is no storyline, as we don't have quite enough players yet. Any storyline discussion will take place in the Wolf/Sea OOC thread. however if you like, Kaimeta is quite willing to roleplay and has already made an opening post in her thread on the Beach, and you can roleplay with her until we get an official storyline going.

Kaimeta knows little about Elfquest, so the practice will probably do her some good.
Tidemist
Tidemist
Chieftess

Back to top Go down

Post by Leanan Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:03 pm

Thanks for the info! I'll go play with Kaimeta!  Very Happy 
Leanan
Leanan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tidemist Tue Jul 29, 2014 3:11 pm

fantastic! anyone else is welcome to join Leanan and Kaimeta to get a feel for their characters. i may do the same myself, since Tidemist is a new character for me.
Tidemist
Tidemist
Chieftess

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfCandy Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:00 am

What is the setting like? Tropical like in the picture or more like a temperate rainforest and cold water ocean?

Can our characters have family that isn't dead or gone, but are not RPed? Because, although I get that it might be weird to have them there but not RPed, but it isn't realistic (in my opinion) to have only a tribe of two people, and for everyone's parents to be dead because they aren't RPed. Can they just be background characters that aren't ever really present in the RPs, but they still exist? I understand if not Smile
WolfCandy
WolfCandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tidemist Wed Jul 30, 2014 11:17 am

the setting is coastal, with alternately warm or cool waters depending on the season...in the fall and winter, the ocean cools down and gets icy. but in spring and summer, it thaws and warms up. but the forest is your regular lush oaks and such, as we tend to see the Wolfrider's settled in. but it is rather hybridized because this is the coast...meaning there are sections of say Mangrove swamps, maybe a nice coconut tree here and there, with palm trees scattered by the edge on the beach. so try to think a hybrid of tropical and regular setting we see in the comics.

as for the family...you hit some of the finer points i was worried about. I'd like to have characters whose family is still alive, but it poses the problem of NPCing them, and then yes, it's odd when they are not included. i think for now, it may be a better idea if the family is indeed background characters that are not really in the storyline.

probably later on, when we start getting more people and have a decent amount in each tribe, i'll open up a section where people can adopt profiles...you know, parents, siblings, and children of recognition.
Tidemist
Tidemist
Chieftess

Back to top Go down

Post by Leanan Wed Jul 30, 2014 2:05 pm

I have more questions!

Do the tribes have metalshapers to make their weapons (and jewelry etc.), or are there trolls living nearby?

What about humans? Are they a constant enemy or a rare sight?
Leanan
Leanan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tidemist Wed Jul 30, 2014 3:33 pm

ahh metal! the very question i myself had to deal with when making Tidemist. at first i was going to cut it out, just because there are no trolls here..but then i had to give in. so my excuse is while they do have metals available, they are able to shape it by hand because gold of course is quite a soft metal, and the sun villagers said they made it themselves. silver is also soft, and thus moldable by the elves.

though it is entirely possible that on their travels before settling in High Cove, the WolfFolk met trolls and were able to wrangle knives, swords and arrows from them somehow(theft or trading, either works. and probably a fair amount. maybe they raided a troll forge? Maybe some of them still do once in a while, going out to find trolls and rob them?) so metal weapons are generally WolfFolk only.

but to give SeaFolk a fair chance, they probably are able to knap very good spearheads and such out of obsidian, or blackglass stone, which is far sharper than brightmetal and probably fairly easy to find washed up on the beaches. or there is a huge cache of it from some long ago volcano that is now gone from the holt. and it's also quite possible the WolfFolk may have traded some metal for obsidian at some point.

also, humans are going to be a rare sight in this holt, just because they haven't quite started ranging out yet. consider the point we are now at as being about the point where Bearclaw/ Cutter and his tribe are dealing with Shaman and his tribe, before the Fire. that should give you an idea of what the humans are like now. quite possibly the humans still think beaches are nothing but bright sandy barren places with  a huge span of undrinkable water.
Tidemist
Tidemist
Chieftess

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfCandy Wed Jul 30, 2014 4:50 pm

Ooo! A long forgotten volcano! Very Happy It seems like there is a lot of history here and different places... will there be a map soon?
WolfCandy
WolfCandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tidemist Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:01 pm

i had thought about that...i've personally never been good at maps, my skills are more clothing designs. but if someone was good at them and was willing to work with me, then it'd be fun to design a map for High Cove.

also, there probably will be a lot of history and things added as time goes on...some of this stuff i'm answering now i had thought of while making the forum and my character, some i'm only thinking of now...off the top of my head...^^0

Last edited by Tidemist on Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Tidemist
Tidemist
Chieftess

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfCandy Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:04 pm

I forgot to say thank you about the parents being background character thing! :O Thank you! X)

I have actually have a map making software if you wanted me to help make one Smile I'm not crazy good but I can make something passable Smile
WolfCandy
WolfCandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tidemist Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:06 pm

ooooh, really? do you have skype? i'd love to talk to you there to discuss it, and possibly do a screenshare so i can watch as you make it, if you don't mind. i rather enjoy watching people use their programs.^^ it'd probably be a good forestarter for a later map.

and you are very welcome, i like answering questions..XD it's fun to really flesh this place out.
Tidemist
Tidemist
Chieftess

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfCandy Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:24 pm

I was thinking exactly the same thing Smile My username is tamandfahr. Can we do it tomorrow maybe? Or later today? Or any time after that that works for you
WolfCandy
WolfCandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tidemist Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:26 pm

hey i'm on now and got nothing better to do if you wanna start now. XD i'll add you now though either way
Tidemist
Tidemist
Chieftess

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfCandy Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:31 pm

I'm only online for a bit right now, (even though I shouldn't be :O) so later is better :/ If that doesn't work for you we can do around this time tomorrow or Friday maybe? Smile
WolfCandy
WolfCandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tidemist Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:33 pm

nah, later is fine as well.
Tidemist
Tidemist
Chieftess

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfCandy Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:43 pm

kk Smile want me to message you when I get back on? what time? (and what time zone are you so I know what time it'll be for me Smile )
WolfCandy
WolfCandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tidemist Wed Jul 30, 2014 5:54 pm

at the moment of this post for me, it is 4:53 in the afternoon. and yah go ahead and message me!..i think my timezone is the 6:00..i know it's eastern! i know that much!
Tidemist
Tidemist
Chieftess

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfCandy Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:01 pm

It's so late where you are! I'm in PST so it's only 2:01. What time do you want to skype?
WolfCandy
WolfCandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tidemist Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:07 pm

it's only a 3 hour difference, it's not that big...XD i'm usually on til about midnight my time, so you can message me whenever tonight.
Tidemist
Tidemist
Chieftess

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfCandy Wed Jul 30, 2014 6:15 pm

Okay, that works really well X)
WolfCandy
WolfCandy

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfCandy Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:14 am

I was wondering if elves are allowed to have more than one magic ability? I don't really want my character be super powerful, but Tern can self-shape because he makes himself a tail and I kind of want him to be a shaper of something and have him have a hobby of shaping targets that he practices on for fun? Maybe he can just have that ability and have Kaimeta shape a tail for him?
WolfCandy
WolfCandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next