High Cove Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Fire is Coming
by Ember Robinwood Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:37 am

» Wolf/Sea OOC Discussion
by Leanan Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:37 pm

» Nymirni's Beach
by Tidemist Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:36 am

» Staff On LOA
by Kaimeta Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:33 am

» [Art] Shinebright's drawings
by Ember Robinwood Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:20 pm

» Kaimeta's Beach and Hut
by Kaimeta Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:58 am

» Lace's Cave
by Shinebright Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:36 am

» chit chat
by Kaimeta Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:46 pm

» Members on LOA
by Tidemist Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:58 am

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 35 on Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:40 am
Affiliates

free forum

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

Kai Reads Elf Quest

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Kai Reads Elf Quest Empty Kai Reads Elf Quest

Post by Kaimeta Fri Aug 01, 2014 2:19 am

So it's shouldn't be much of a surprise that I know next to nothing about this world and the creatures in it. I'm here cause a good friend asked me to help out and I'm more than happy to. But to be the best admin and player i can be i'm going to read the comics this awesome and deep world so, Tide suggested that I post my thoughts as I read for a more like a beginners look at Elf Quest. So thats just what I'm gonna do! At first it may be page by page then as i maybe get busier it might be chapter by chapter cause Im in the last bit of my schooling. So look for updates!!
Kaimeta
Kaimeta
High One

Back to top Go down

Kai Reads Elf Quest Empty Re: Kai Reads Elf Quest

Post by Kaimeta Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:12 am

So the original quest 

#1.
the cover is interesting.. 

Title page. Oh no!! Sacrifice.not good! run who ever run!

that's shiny.. COWER BEFORE THE SHIP!! 

Honestly why are people dumb? they just wanted to live in peace!!

Sucks so many died.. really and now all scattered never to return? sounds like BS to me but hey i didn't write the thing. You'd think after a while they would come back and take their ship/castle/palace/home back, semi-peacefully. 

Again people in general are stupid.. Really they aren't demons they're aliens and thus aliens will never come here.. I hope those Elves can have their friend before s/he's hurt. 

ATTACK!!!! I would be pissed if there were skulls of my people used as decoration too. Killing people or creatures cause they're different is so HUMAN.. 

How nice they got their friend and left with such a nice parting gift of a warning and letting them live. how kind. why do i think that's gonna bite them in the butt??

Ah how sweet! Dude went to save chick's man!! And he's a good leader sounds like he didnt want to do much in the way of harm unless he had to. 

shaman dude has either not wing wang doodle or a really small one, and they are so freaking human.. I kind of hate being one right now.. Also really good that the elf guy is going to be ok hopefully.

beyond the woods there are shopping malls and candy stores. stay there it's nicer really despite the horrid humans not to far that are going to come get you soon.

The wolves say something is wrong?! wonder what that could be? so you never killed a human before but they seem to kill a few of you.. Balance must be maintained!

All i can think is "Legolas what do you see with your elf eyes?" when Cutter asks what the wolf saw. Also why is dude wearing a loincloth? Is he wearing ass-less chaps or something?

humans are stupid.. man why can't bygones but bygones? they killed how many elves and the elves killed how many humans? aren't we done with bloodshed?

RUN YOU FOOLS!!

To the Mines of Moria.. wait i think they have this backwards right??

very troll at least they aren't trying to eat them. 

Well fire trumps your secret tunnels dude. get over it

Troll= no back bone good to know for future reference. 

SHINY!! PRETTY SPARKLES! Ed as an Elf.. 

Of course its a trap! Didn't you ever listen to the Admiral?

OMG those women are Fbguly! EWWW!!

Thieving ways huh? If all i saw were ugly green guys i'd be jumping at the chance to get with one of them hot little guys. Let's make a hobbit baby!

oh yeah they need you.. yeah right this is ELF Quest not TROLL Quest. 

Magnets are fun!!

Here Skywise have a chunk of Magnet!!!

So that king guy is setting up a trap and Picky knows it! Why does no one listen to the Admiral!!

AWoOO Werewolves of London!!! Sing a traveling song!!

I saw a Wolfelf with a chinese menu in his hand doing the werewolves of london! So sweet of Skywise to what to give good luck to the entire tribe by weaving a string of their hairs for the chip of lodestone they have!!

So we found light but what's wrong with this deal?

Dude a freakin desert! and what about Treestump?! 

What now? we dig in there and kick some troll ass! That;s what we do!!

End page 
Cutter isn't half bad looking! 

yay for reading issue one!! look for more in the near future!!
Kaimeta
Kaimeta
High One

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfCandy Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:24 am

Loved this! :'D LOTR refrences make me smile Very Happy

And Cutter is better than half bad looking ;P
WolfCandy
WolfCandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaimeta Fri Aug 01, 2014 3:28 am

well true but i'm biased to guys just a little taller than me..
Kaimeta
Kaimeta
High One

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfCandy Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:17 am

You don't like guys taller than you?
WolfCandy
WolfCandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaimeta Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:42 am

no i like guys taller than me. I'm not short either so it's not always easy! lol but yeah i could make a hobbit with Cutter lol.
Kaimeta
Kaimeta
High One

Back to top Go down

Post by Leanan Fri Aug 01, 2014 7:54 am

I laughed aloud reading your comments!
Leanan
Leanan

Back to top Go down

Post by Tidemist Fri Aug 01, 2014 11:24 am

yuuuup, lots of lord of the ring references... XD and yah, trolls are so spineless! a good read for all of us!
Tidemist
Tidemist
Chieftess

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaimeta Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:46 pm

Glad i can at least make people laugh!! that's the really important thing!!
Kaimeta
Kaimeta
High One

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaimeta Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:34 am

Second book vol thing...

Ok that's funny but why is she running?

See now if they had just listened to the Admiral this might not have happened but did they? no!

And so Cutter lead his people across the desert for.. opps wrong story.

Hey they found a compass! Sweet! Let's get out of here!

SKywise, star gazer and wonderer, sounds like a fun guy. Anyway heading out at night really good idea. But also very cold!

Hungry and about to fry in the sun, sounds like a party to me... shall we draw straws?

They are burnt no fun at all. So Legolas.. err Scouter what do you hawk eyes see?

Dudes mountains, cool but how far and how many will we loose?

all is 20/20 in hindsight right?

tired can't go on. Sounds like finals week for any college student.

So we found an end to the desert but we still have 2 out there are they just gonna stay out there or what??

Imagine that they found elves..

So that dude i can knee him in the nuts right? talking about a woman that way. I don't like it.

are we gonna learn our lesson yet? really man.

Crap...

Of course she's the leader's kid that's just to perfect not to be happening.

so that didn't work out to well from Romeo and Juliet.. Think you might want to find another option like surviving..

Dude sorry you get your ass kicked when you kidnap people, just common sense. Man men in lust right ladies?

Ok I do love Skywise, "I think we're going to have a visitor." Great Line.

Ok while i don't agree with the maiden napping the ambush is a good one. "boo." Lol

Love at first sight.. happens to everyone i guess. and BTW what the heck did Rayek do??

These white men are dangerous.....

I see. Said the blind man..

OOH.. He tried to forbid her.. OOOOO

let's get this party started, Wait nothing like the healing i'm used to.. but shiny.

Dude i may be knew to this world but even i know what happened to them. You are gonna be a sore looser in the morning...so to speak.

sounds like a bad history teacher...mother of memory..

So she seems nice but they usually do till something goes wrong.

But Leetah is pretty but why almost not shirt??

And there will be a fire fight in the next issue.. which i may read tomorrow depending on my sleep....

Sorry this may be shorter or not as fun as the first one. i'm a tad overwhelmed from school. And I mean no offense by any comments above please they are all in fun. remember that.
Kaimeta
Kaimeta
High One

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfCandy Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:33 am

Kaimeta wrote:Second book vol thing...

Ok I do love Skywise, "I think we're going to have a visitor." Great Line.

Kai Reads Elf Quest 10gwcx5

This one's my favourite Skywise line in this issue. Actually more of my favourite dialogue.
"Skywise... She's biting me!"
"Well... hit her!" (his nonchalance with this line :'))
"I can't do that!" Cutter's face and stress at this makes my day every time :'D  

Just this whole scene I find flawless Laughing
WolfCandy
WolfCandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaimeta Tue Aug 12, 2014 4:38 am

I'm really liking the Skywise character altogether. He makes me laugh.
Kaimeta
Kaimeta
High One

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfCandy Tue Aug 12, 2014 5:20 am

He is very funny ;D I love though, that although he is a little frivolous, he has a serious and loving side to him.
WolfCandy
WolfCandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tidemist Tue Aug 12, 2014 11:09 am

there is a reason he is one of the most beloved male characters of the series! well him and Rayek...XD it was still enjoyable reading your comments! though did you skip some pages?

and yes, Leetah don't wear no shirt...it's the desert! plus, that top thing is like her shirt.
Tidemist
Tidemist
Chieftess

Back to top Go down

Post by Leanan Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:24 pm

Your comments are very entertaining! Hehe I love Skywise too.
Leanan
Leanan

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfCandy Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:38 pm

Tidemist wrote:there is a reason he is one of the most beloved male characters of the series! well him and Rayek...XD

Is he really? Never knew that.. I can see Rayek being one though *drools*
WolfCandy
WolfCandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Tidemist Tue Aug 12, 2014 3:19 pm

have you seen how people on the EQ forums drool over him? so many pictures....XD
Tidemist
Tidemist
Chieftess

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaimeta Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:46 am

when did this become the "lets talk about fine elf men" thread? Lol I should be reading the third book thing soon. I'm really enjoying this and school willing i should have more read before my vacation at the end of the month.
Kaimeta
Kaimeta
High One

Back to top Go down

Post by Tidemist Wed Aug 13, 2014 12:51 am

sorry...XD and sweet! i can't wait to see your impressions as the story goes on!
Tidemist
Tidemist
Chieftess

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfCandy Wed Aug 13, 2014 2:13 am

Sorry, ed :$ *hangs head in shame*
WolfCandy
WolfCandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaimeta Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:26 am

Book three thing -the Challegne!!

Front cover-dun dun duuuun!

- the wolf riders made it to what turned out to be actually called Sorrow's End and they are talking to the mother of memory. Fun times. its cool to know that she's like "yo bros and hos" in a less slang way.

- so it seems that she's not a High One *which i had thought* but at least older than most. Still really cool.

- She just called their older elf guy a kid. Lol seems that she likes Cutter but honestly who wouldn't? Communists that who.. Carrying on, She seems really nice and friendly, I love her outfit!! Plus she keeps noting how old she is.. i guess that's important.

- Seems like a family reunion they never really expected to have. It really sucks that humans are such well dicks in this. it really does. I have but one question..Is She bald??

- Oh look Dancing!! *shake your groove thang shake your groove thang* they have a really gypsy look to their clothes in the desert, I like it!!

- Oh that Rayek, maybe someone can help get that sick out of his... well you know . hey what did he just do there? HeY!! Pointy shoes!!

- So Rayek is all uptight about Cutter moving in on what he assumed was his woman but in reality, she seems very much in command of herself and honestly don't need a man. I love that they tell us about the wolves adapting the the heat, loosing the thicker coats and having a blast chasing rabbits. Aside from Rayek they all seem to get along well enough.

-So Leetah is a stick in the mud at least she's not being an uber witch about not going. She just doesnt want to that's totally cool. I love that Shenshen is thinking of the wolf children and taking them blankets but do they need them? either way it's sweet. Plus come on he said sorry!

-I love how Shenshen is like "boy needs knocked down a peg or two and Cutter seems the elf to do it" I agree with her. so what the heck is he doing with the eyes and the floating stuffs?!

-I agree with Cutter there is no Honor in being killed like that. At least if chase is given there is a chance the prey outsmarts you and you get better. Rayek's way is cheating.. no need to get so upset dude.

-not eating man is not the way to get the girl. I know i know she's hot and all but you too must maintain your hotness to get the hot girl man. hot people physics. Hot attacks hot. there are many kinds of hot, but still I like a good brain in a man myself, but this isn't me.
And yeah talk to her that should clear it all up...

-Cutter is like "come on baby, it's natural."
Leetah. "No...but.. yeah no.."
Rayek. "I CHALLENGE YOU!!"
Cutter "Da fuk bra?"
Savah " Damn it's been a while since this showed up again. thought I had lost the damned thing..."

-I thought we weren't suppose to say certain names out loud? The heck is going on here?

-so we have to go through some crap cause she can't realize what's happened? dude...

-Finally she stands up for herself! but only now that the damned thing is happening.. Seems backwards to me and a nod is more powerful at times than any words. I think Cutter's already won. but what do I know?

-Dude i love the reactions to this. Cutter is like what ever she wants, *sigh* Rayek is all No my place in the world is challenged!! Maybe compensation is at play here.. Leetah is like why do i need to see this through. Daddy is like welp there be change today let's hope its good. and the whole village knows that Cutter and leetah recognized but Leetah apparently.. lol

-Dude i think it's Treestump that's like Good luck dude you're going down! lol I love the balance fight thing cool times

-i do love the insults they are throwing at each other. thought they are lost on me i guess but still funny.

-and Rayek is down for the count! oh Noes!! ( like we didnt see that coming..)

-Dudes i'd be pissed too if someone said i had to give up my weapon. Especially if it was my dad's. your trails be damned. No woman or man is worth not being armed and Cutter knows it, and yet still he gave up his weapon. this sucks..hard headed women...

-so let's blindfold them and drop them off in the middle of nowhere and let them come back. wow... great times.. this is all backwards but can we do this in the rp? seems like fun. We'll come get you at sunset if you aren't back. at least they don't want him to die.

-so Rayek thinks he has the upper hand cause he can see the footprints but cutter is just like where is my sword? Oh i smell it that way.. That's beautiful.

-OK I am right real impress with Cutter's wit there. Very good use of what you have, i just hope only the wind was knocked out of him.. and he can tie his pants back together.. Rayek has found he is in possession of short arms

-So Rayek is stuck cause he can't get his dagger out with his headband and if he uses his abilities he looses, so what to do. Cutter literally tripped over where they hid New Moon. beautiful really, so what does he do.. a fit is thrown till the lode stone pulls at the metal duh..

-Skywise is gonna get cut for talking like that.. What kept you.. oh boy.

-I mean what Rayek did with the teeth and the stone was brilliant but not that fast, so yeah. And this mess about defeating him isn't 2 out of 3 the winner?? and I want to go back to the forest where things seem to be easier and the only dicks were human..

-So our greatest fears are never what we think they are. Sucks that fear is also a hurt a kin to loosing a loved one.

-I gather that he is afeared of heights.I would be too if i was that short..

-DONT LOOK DOWN DUDE!! First rule of over coming height fears..

-I think she's a b-word for what she's done to these boys but Rayek is the hardass that started the mess. I'm starting not to like some of these characters less and less..

-To bost is to court disaster Rayek... I think whatever happens next you brought on your own head.

-So Cutter being the overly and uber nice guy he is goes out there in spite of his fear to save a pompous ass, and Leetah watches.. whatever will happen next??

Back cover..

Well frack, to be continued. but No matter how cute he may be drawn he is still an ass. Rayek..

More to come later!! Happy reading..

i need to not do this so late at night...
Kaimeta
Kaimeta
High One

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaimeta Wed Aug 13, 2014 3:45 am

I ended up reading 4 tonight too but I cried through too much of it to really give a good commentary.. Oh what a sweet sad story!
Kaimeta
Kaimeta
High One

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfCandy Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:16 am

This is my favourite one so far! :'D And no, Savah's not bald X)

What happens in four again? Is that the wolfsong one?
WolfCandy
WolfCandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Kaimeta Wed Aug 13, 2014 4:30 am

yes it is! i cried. I felt so feels!!
Kaimeta
Kaimeta
High One

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfCandy Wed Aug 13, 2014 5:46 am