High Cove Holt
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» The Fire is Coming
by Ember Robinwood Wed Jan 06, 2016 4:37 am

» Wolf/Sea OOC Discussion
by Leanan Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:37 pm

» Nymirni's Beach
by Tidemist Tue Sep 08, 2015 12:36 am

» Staff On LOA
by Kaimeta Sun Sep 06, 2015 11:33 am

» [Art] Shinebright's drawings
by Ember Robinwood Sun Aug 30, 2015 9:20 pm

» Kaimeta's Beach and Hut
by Kaimeta Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:58 am

» Lace's Cave
by Shinebright Mon Aug 24, 2015 9:36 am

» chit chat
by Kaimeta Wed Jul 22, 2015 2:46 pm

» Members on LOA
by Tidemist Wed Jul 22, 2015 11:58 am

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 35 on Wed Jul 07, 2021 4:40 am
Affiliates

free forum

Forumotion on Facebook Forumotion on Twitter Forumotion on YouTube Forumotion on Google+

[Story] Baylon and Moondancer.

3 posters

Go down

[Story] Baylon and Moondancer. Empty [Story] Baylon and Moondancer.

Post by Shinebright Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:52 pm

This is a story about the first time dreamberries were used. Although they weren't used for pleasure or for remembering pastmemories. The two who used them were taken on a journey which would change their lifes.

Last edited by Shinebright on Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:47 pm; edited 5 times in total
Shinebright
Shinebright

Back to top Go down

[Story] Baylon and Moondancer. Empty Re: [Story] Baylon and Moondancer.

Post by Shinebright Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:56 pm

"This is a good night to howl and to remember!" Oakroot took out some dreamberries. "If you want I can tell you about great hunts! Or maybe something else?" He looked at the berries and showed them to both tribes. "Strange berries these are, deadly to one, a great joy to the other!" He smiled and put some berries in his mouth and immidiatly felt their effect, he started to remember again. "Join me in my memory and eat some of the berries, if you want." He handed out the rest of the berries to who ever wanted them.

"Have I ever told you how we learn about dreamberries and why they are called that?" Oakroot asked. "It was in the time the Wolffolk was first formed, in that time we called ourselves Wolfriders. Our tribe was made up out of High Ones, Firstborn and Halflings. Life was hard and we just moved from the ice-coldland to a much greener place. Most High Ones still felt out of place, longed for the life before they came to this world. The Firstborn and Halflings tried to fit into this new world and felt more at home, it was, afterall, the only one they had known.

In this time there lived a woman called Moondancer, her parents were direct descendants of Timmorn, the first of the Wolfriders. She was a free spirit, enjoyed life as it came to her. Knew how wonderfull it could be. It never crossed her mind that another of her tribe wouldn't feel the same, even the opposite.
The pure-blooded mostly kept to themselves, only asked for meat to eat and fur to make clothes, so Moondancer never actually had to do anything with them, but all that would changed with a accidental meeting!

At a night just like this Moondancer went to the river for water, dancing in the moonlight she filled her jug. She didn't look were she was going and why would she! She was the only one there.
While swirling she fell over a rock into the water, making a big splash. She laughed, not quite the ending she had planned, but now that she was in to water, why not take a bath. She tried to take of her leathers when...
"Ahum, I am sorry, but I don't think this is very funny!" Moondancer looked around and spotted a pair of legs dripping with water, "I am sorry, I didn't know some one was here too."
She looked up to see who it was when...  She looked into a pair of ice-blue eyes, but it was more! She not just looked at him, but looked into him! In one instance she knew who he was, although they never really had met before and she didn't know his name. It was Recognition!

Baylon had been sitting at the riverside most of the day and night. He didn't care what happend, he just wanted things to be how it had always been. Travelling amongst the stars, not being trapped in this ugly form! If not for the betrayal of those pesky Apes, his Bond would have still been alive, now.... what was the point of going on when all that he cared for was gone! He missed his Bond so much he wished at times he could follow her, shed his flesh and search for her spirit...  He felt he was getting more and more depressed. He heard some one coming, no, he didn't want any company tonight! He wanted to leave when he saw a girl dancing and turning. He had seen her before, but didn't know her name. Mesmerized by what he saw he didn't move when she fell over a rock and splashed water all over him.
She laughed, but he wasn't. "Ahum, I am sorry, but I don't think this is funny!" He said and she stopped getting undressed. When she looked up he saw a pair of bright green eyes. "No! No, I don't want this!" He knew what happend. He had seen it with his people, but he didn't want this! In his heart was only place for one!

Moondancer was shocked! She was happy this happend to her, this meant new life. A life to care for! But she only felt rejection on his part. Why? "Why don't you accept this gift? This means new life!"
No!" Baylon replied! "I can't accept this, I don't want this! I, I don't love you! This.... We..... I just can't!" And he took off, leaving Moondancer behind.
She didn't understand. It was Recognition, what was to want? He knew they could die if they didn't acted on the call.
Never had she heard of a rejection like this. It must be her! Was she that ugly to look at? Still in shock she went to the holt. Seeking guidance she felt the urge getting stronger and stronger with every step.

Baylon didn't know what to think! How could his body, his soul betray him this way! His heart belonged to another. He would never!, never give in!
For several days he avoided Moondancer, but she was very persistend. Encouraged him to releave them of the urge, they didn't need to be lifemates or even lovemates. But he just couldn't.
"What of the child that will be born? This world is too dangerous! It would die before it's time! Why would you want a life like that for your child!" He shouted at her. It was as if he stabbed a knife in her heart, so it was about her! He hated what she was, where she came from!

In anger and sorrow she shouted at him "Aaaaaaarhh! So be afraid of me, hate me if you want! Then we both shall die!" Tears rolled down her face as she turned and ran off. She ran to the one person she trusted more then her parents, her mentor and friend Marleah.

She didn't understand, why didn't she? Baylon just stood there. He had wanted a child, but with his Bond. She was gone, he couldn't have one with this woman. He didn't hate her, but he was afraid for the life they lived. The dangers that surrounded them! Didn't she know? Life had been better and safer in the Palace. No dangers, only living and learning! How could he tell her, make her understand what he meant!?

"Marleah? Marleah? Are you in here?" She didn't have to ask, her smell was still fresh, but she had learned the High Ones preffered their privacy. "Yes Moondancer. Come in and tell me your troubles!" The beautiful woman sat on the floor, inviting her to sit next to her. "You want to know how to deal with Recognition?" How did she know? Moondancer hadn't told any one. The shame of rejection was too big. "I...I do not understand him. How can he refuse? He knows what will happen to us! It is not as if I am forcing him to tree with me? Why does he hate me this much?"
Marleah looked at the troubled woman. For her it was simple, Recognition demanded a child, so they should listen! "You know of our history? How we came to this world?" Moondancer nodded. "Before we took this form we already were an ancient race. We could not have children any more, nor did we needed to. In that time we bonded. Like Recognition, but without the urge to create new life." Marleah looked at Moondancer. "Baylon had a bond like that, the strongest I have ever seen." Hmmm, how could she explain it. "When the Palace fell to this world, his Bond was one of the first to be killed by humans. And, you must understand that their bond was a true union between minds and souls, so when she died he felt it too! It devistated him.He grieved for many cycles, looking to see how he could join her! He only gave up doing that because we moved to this place, far from our Home!"

Moondancer understood now. There would never be a place for her in his life!
He didn't see Moondancer for days, he noticed he began to worry and looked for her were ever he was. Seeing her at the riverside again made his heart jump and he noticed he had missed her. There in the moonlight she looked strong and in a strange way more beautiful then he remembered. He shook his head, strange thing this Recognition. He had days to think about what he could and should say to her. **Moondancer, I want to explain myself.**
Moondancer grabbed her head "Please, no sending, I can't! Not now!" Through his sending came images, feelings more then she could bare. She already knew what to do.
He looked at her and was suprised. She had lost weight, her eyes didn't shine as bright as he remembered. She looked as if she was in pain. He too had suffered, but not this much! All that he wanted to say to her was forgotten.

Moondancer took his hand and walked into the forest. He didn't want to "Where do you take me? No, I don't want to go in! It is too dangerous for me" She stopped by strange bushes with berries. "Humans call them forever-sleep-berries. I have see them eat even one and never wake up again!" She took a handfull and before he could stop her she ate them. "If you do not accept Recognition or life itself then maybe you accept my gift to die?" Whitin moments she collapsed and fell to the ground.
What had he done? He didn't want this! He just wanted to seek a solution to deny Recognition!

Baylon paniced! "No! No! What did you do!" He looked at the girl and the berries, stupid girl! Now two were dead... Maybe, just maybe he should... without thinking he pulled off some berries and stared at them. Would it be that easy? Had the solution he sought been there all the time?
The berries had a strange flavor. Not bitter, like he expected with poisonberries, but sweet and a little bit sour. He started to feel lightheaded. He felt his legs refuse and hit his head when he fell to the ground. When he lived in the Sphere he had sought among the stars for new worlds, left his body countless times. So this was dying. It was easier then what he always thought!

Moondancer's heart was broken. She felt as if she had lost her unborn child. Her lovely child, that would never be born. Now she could only hope she had made the right choice. It wasn't as she expected at all. She didn't know what to expect ofcourse, but being in a void wasn't it.

**You see that? You see that little star?** Baylon pointed to a small light. **It is pulling me. I think it is were we must go now.** He took her hand and in a blink of an eye they were at the light.
But it was no star! It was the Palace! **It is our Home! We have come home!.......** Baylon let go of her hand. **Bond? Are you here? I am finally here too!** Moondancer saw several Spirits coming closer. One was taking shape. A beautiful elf stood before them. **My Bond!** Baylon felt happy for the first time in a long, long time! **I have come to join you at last!**

**Oh Bond, you are here! Who is it you brought with you? She isn't of our time, is she? Is she your new Bond?** Moondancer felt the joy of the Spirit. **I am so glad you have found a new Bond!.... But what happend that you have arrived here?** Baylon looked suprised. His bond wanted him to have another Bond? Why? Why would she want that for him? **Why so suprised? I know our bond was pure, but after the Palace crashed and I left my body, I knew of your sorrow for me. But you have to live on, live for me.** The Spirit danced before them. **Life is too precious to just live it. Go into this new world, from what I have seen it is a wonderous place! And now with this new bond, you have a new chance, oh I am so happy for you! And a lovely creature this is!** She took Moondancer by the hand and swirled her around. **Laugh my child, because it is just beginning!** She turned to Baylon, she smiled and floated to him. **Remember me, my Bond. Do not cry for me, but life for me! Life for yourself!** Now the Elf pushed them together, Baylon and Moondancer bumped into each other, felt how they merged!

With the laughter still in their head they woke up. "We....aren't dead?" Baylon asked. But they ate the forever-sleep-berries! He didn't know he should be sad or happy. He was happy he had seen his Bond. But it had confused him. His bond didn't mind him being alive. In fact she had been happy he was....
Moondancer was suprised too. She had seen humans die from eating the berries. But she didn't feel confused, she felt happy to be alive and sad because of how she felt now! She didn't look at him when she spoke. "Now you can go your way. The urge is gone, Recognition has been broken!" As she talked she started to cry. "I hope life will be good to you..." Baylon could feel she was speaking the truth and eventhough he didn't wanted Recognition to happen to him, he suddenly felt a great loss. And strangely enough a happiness! His Bond had always been with him, he never knew it, but she never really left him and she wanted him to move on, enjoy life again.

"I never knew your name, never did I ask, but I would like to know your name!" He placed his hand under her chin, tilting her head and making her look at him. **And I want to give you mine! My name is Baylon and I would like you to teach me!** He made the decision right there! **Lan, teach me! Teach me how to live!** Moondancer's eyes were wide open! **Lan? Yes.... I am Lan! But this means....** **You are my Bond now! My lifemate as you say it!**"

Oakroot looked around. "In the days following they answered to the call and Moondancer taught Baylon how he could enjoy life again and he taught her what life was before, showed her how deep their bond was going to be! The both of them learned how to use the berries, which in time they called Dreamberries, because it took them to other places, made them remember. And in their lifetime they Recognized more then you can count on two hands! Haha, a fruitful relation indeed!"

[Story] Baylon and Moondancer. Sepera16

Last edited by Shinebright on Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:24 pm; edited 2 times in total
Shinebright
Shinebright

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinebright Thu Dec 25, 2014 5:55 pm

Finished!
Shinebright
Shinebright

Back to top Go down

Post by Delhya Thu Dec 25, 2014 9:20 pm

Great story!
Delhya
Delhya

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinebright Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:34 am

Thank you!
Shinebright
Shinebright

Back to top Go down

Post by WolfCandy Sun Dec 28, 2014 10:53 pm

I loved it!!! study
WolfCandy
WolfCandy

Back to top Go down

Post by Shinebright Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:29 pm

Thank you Wink
Shinebright
Shinebright

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down